Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30

Author Topic: The Bay12 Pokemon League  (Read 18218 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Pokemon League
« Reply #150 on: August 18, 2013, 02:32:12 pm »

Akroma. She talked about a Cookie cutter team and copying a stronger team from the internet at the end. She seemed upset.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 18, 2013, 02:33:32 pm »

Oh dear.

Cookie cutter teams. :D I WANT COOKIE

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 18, 2013, 02:36:12 pm »

to the side-battle with Rolepgeek, oh well, it's double elimination. still stands 5 wins and 1 loss vs 1 win and 2 losses.
and with a team taken from an online guide, which basicaly hardcounters my team (3 steel-mons to make my toxic users obsolete, rapidspin, sun to make tangrowth and slowbro useless, massive fire-use to get rid of skarmory - yeah, a hard counter), I guess I'll give him whatever achievement he thinks he has won

now, to the monotype tourney.

I have made a list of all types, except steel by popular request.

every participant, please post a number from 1 to 16, to have their type they will work with determined.

as for my own type, Barbarossa has not cast a vote, so it's stuck at a choice between bug and normal.
his cast will either be a tie-breaker, or if he votes for electric, the yet illusive 8th players will be breaking the tie (or creating a new tie by voting for whatever barbarossa did not vote for a 3-3. in that case, whomever voted for electric breaks the tie.)

Barbarossa, cast your vote

8th players who is not there yet: join
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 18, 2013, 02:37:43 pm »

I will go with 7
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2013, 02:37:53 pm »

I'd give Rolepgeek props for that. He essentially thrashed someone who curbstomped about seven guys without a sweat. :P

I pick.....4.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 18, 2013, 02:39:12 pm »

http://smogon.com/bw/articles/ou_sun

This is the guide I used.

If you're going to be that way, then do you think you get an achievement for beating a bunch of people for whom this was the first time they played in such a manner?

I didn't make it as a hardcounter, though I did have your team in mind with Rapid Spin(didn't even think of Poison-types, though).

I'll pick 11.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 18, 2013, 02:39:59 pm »

Actually, I've played in Ubers tourneys a couple of times. I surprisingly won one of them.

Otherwise though, I'm generally casual.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 18, 2013, 02:46:40 pm »

you mean he got to see my team prior to creating his, and built it specificaly to defeat mine - that's not hard. when you know the enemy team, anybody here, maybe even dwarmin, can do that. well, and you see what it got him, he in turn got curbstomped by the teams I curbstomped, as his team was entirely ineffectual in general purpose

oh well

Elf: 4 means you will go with ground pokemon. a versatile type, and with access to sandstorm, a veritable threat. unless maybe someone draws flying, but that can be covered

Kansa: 7 is grass. Man, that type as a wide, wide array of choices. Stall, medium, hyper-offensive, anything goes here.

Rolepgeek: 11 goes with ice. offensively pretty strong, though maybe lacking in defense. an unlucky draw for kansa and elf, they have a problem now, and definetly need to keep ice in mind with their teambuilding
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 18, 2013, 02:48:38 pm »

Keep in mind that Ice has Glalie and Froslass. Which means Levitate.

Oh dear.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 18, 2013, 02:48:49 pm »

Think I'm gonna withdraw my name from the entire waitlist. Don't think I'll be joining any tourney. Have fun.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 18, 2013, 02:49:41 pm »

monotype ice is indeed dangerous

I considered simply cheating and giving him something really, really weak, like poison, but fair is fair, draw is draw
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 02:51:26 pm by Akroma »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 18, 2013, 02:52:00 pm »

My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 18, 2013, 02:52:46 pm »

I'll take 1
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2013, 02:53:36 pm »

monotype ice is indeed dangerous

I considered simply cheating and giving him something really, really weak, like poison, but fair is fair, draw is draw
I wouldn't consider Poison too weak.

They have the Nidoran lines, Gengar, Scoliopede line, Venusaur, Toxicroak line, and Crobat.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 18, 2013, 02:56:40 pm »

sjm9876: 2 is psychic. not a bad draw, strong offense, versatile mons all in all

it's a shame that the really good psychic types all hide in ubers, but you will find everything you need.

scapheap: oh boy, I put this type on 1 because I was hoping nobody would pick 1. 1 is water. water HURTS. it very much dominates the OU game, heck, even ubers
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30