Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Constructions Without Access to Material  (Read 337 times)

tunio6538

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Constructions Without Access to Material
« on: August 16, 2013, 07:07:42 am »

Hello,

I want to know if is there any posiblility to designate construction without access to them and without expected material.
That what i want is to designate multiple floor building and when dwarves get needed material they will build it. I know for sure how to mod my game.

Thanks a lot.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: Constructions Without Access to Material
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 07:10:37 am »

Only way I know of how to do it is to use some utilities, modding forum could advise better but someone might be able to answer here, since I doesn't uses such.

Chaia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 10:12:38 am »

There is no vanilla way to do that. You have to use DFhack, there is a plugin for planning furniture without having them crafted yet. No idea if that works for constructions too.

Merendel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 11:04:04 am »

There is no vanilla way to do that. You have to use DFhack, there is a plugin for planning furniture without having them crafted yet. No idea if that works for constructions too.
I think I know wich one your talkin about.  I know it will let you do designations into areas you cant reach yet but I dont think it lets you use materials you dont have yet.  Does make tower building easier but still need the blocks on hand as i recall.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=119575.0

WhimsyWink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 12:37:34 pm »

I realize it isn't what you asked for, but have you considered setting up a macro and waiting til the material exists?
Ellipsis free since August 2013.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 12:48:59 pm »

Sort of off-topic... I don't know how to reproduce it, but while I was going through an aquifer, I'd somehow gotten into the "build constructed wall" menu, at just the right time in between "miner has removed the ramp, denying access to this section" and "the game has realized that there is no pathable building material." So since it technically couldn't find a material, I could still designate the construction. I didn't actually experiment with it, though, because it showed all potential materials, but at distances of -4000 or something. (Probably integer overflow.) I thought it was weirdness with there being a caravan on the map, so I didn't designate anything, but when I backed out of the menu and re-entered, it said there was no available material, which is how I figured out what actually happened.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread