Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: The Guild of Adventurers [4/4]  (Read 4894 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
The Guild of Adventurers [4/4]
« on: August 16, 2013, 01:12:08 am »

You are a band of adventurers, ranging from noble paladins to lowly thugs, from the savage and powerful Orcs to the frail and cultured Dawn Elves. You fight for the thrill, for the money, to spread a religion, or simply to see new places. You've been tasked with assembling a group of four adventurers and delving dungeons in search of the mystical and powerful Titan Artifacts. You've made your base in the small fishing town of Mazelk, in the Elvish Lands. You learned of several dungeons, each rumored to contain a different Artifact.
Spoiler: Heroes (click to show/hide)
Please post the hero you'd like to play as, with the hero going to the first to post.
Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 12:13:15 am by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Guild of Adventurers [0/4]
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 01:12:32 am »

First bit of Lore up. I'll be making more as we go along.
Spoiler: The Races (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 07:34:53 pm by flameboy99 »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 01:19:39 am »

I will be Markus the druid with a wolf, Unless someone else wants him, in which case I will be Zalik
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 01:19:54 am »

Human Paladin Gilthenel!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 01:22:02 am »

Grr, 504s.

Dusk Elf Necromancer Vorlan
An unholy caster, Vorlan takes delight in raising hordes of undead minions to flay his enemies. He can raise the dead, assault souls, and manipulate the life force of creatures, as well as take command of other undead. He's quite limited in weaponry, using quarterstaves and daggers. Usually, he's at the back of the fight, manipulating his minions. Currently, he knows Lesser Raise Undead, Minor Raise Undead, Awe Undead, Drain Touch, and Life Transfer.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 01:23:17 am »

Kobold Scout Stilvechnik for me :)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 01:24:36 am »

Ohhh I sense party conflict, Paladin and Necromancer, plus possibly the druid v necro too, depends on whether or not undead are seen as abominations against nature, ive had the druid v necro fight in a d&d party before, mostly the druid hating on the undead, should have killed the necro if I was roleplaying right, but killing another players character feels wrong

Edit: ninjad, and party looks good, Frontline fighter/healer, Frontline fighter/Support magic, Back line Blaster/Minion master and a sneaky bastard
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 01:26:20 am by wolfchild »
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 01:27:51 am »

Ohhh I sense party conflict, Paladin and Necromancer, plus possibly the druid v necro too, depends on whether or not undead are seen as abominations against nature, ive had the druid v necro fight in a d&d party before, mostly the druid hating on the undead, should have killed the necro if I was roleplaying right, but killing another players character feels wrong

Edit: ninjad, and party looks good, Frontline fighter/healer, Frontline fighter/Support magic, Back line Blaster/Minion master and a sneaky bastard

Oh yes, I have many plans for this party...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 01:30:00 am »

Oh. Damnit. Full again.
Fine, waitlist I go.

Dawn Elf Aeromancer Zalik
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 01:31:43 am »

((Well, our characters are just frames without much personality yet, IMO. Except for a few things-like Paladin  enjoying leading the charge, or the Necro liking to summon undead.

I think the GM may intend us to decide if we're playing 'good' or 'evil'.

That being said, maybe Vorlan is just an anti-hero. My Kobold scout as I play him will sympathize with him then, surely. As long as he's not playing an evil jerk. Then we can kill him. :P ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 01:34:23 am »

I think the GM may intend us to decide if we're playing 'good' or 'evil'.
Pretty much. The paladin, by sheer virtue of him being a paladin, is probably going to have to be good, though HOW good is up to Cheescake.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 01:35:11 am »

I agree with your post dwarmin, unfortunately like paladins, druids tend to have "views" on certain things, but maybe in this word undead are not unnatural abominations, but a method to reuse what is left. It is highly unlikely that a paladin would not think they are unholy blights however

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 01:38:25 am »

Last I checked Druids are always True Neutral. Any appearance of them being Good or Evil depends on the animals and the environment. Some Druids are willing to brutally murder a man for cutting a tree.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Guild of Adventurers [4/4]
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2013, 01:40:04 am »

Grabbing Krusk the Orc.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: The Guild of Adventurers [4/4]
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 01:41:08 am »

IN recent D&D Druids must maintain one neutral aspect, which means they can 'be NG, LN, N, CN, or NE, but its not undead are evil thats the issue here, its undead are unnatural (if thats true here)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6