Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bizarre Trade Depot Bug  (Read 301 times)

grody311

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bizarre Trade Depot Bug
« on: August 15, 2013, 01:19:08 am »

I've had this occur fairly often and I have not come across any documentation of it whatsoever.

Occassionally (maybe 25% of the time), my dwarfs will complete cock up the trade depot system.  I will set multiple goods to be sent to the trade depot, and my dwarfs will then send multiple bins and pots and things there.  That all works fine.  The problem is that they will then remove all of the goods, for no reason, back to their respective stockpiles, emptying all the bins and pots in the process.  Usually there are then 3 or 4 empty pots remaining in the depot, available for trade, but that's it.  It's a huge mess.  I have to then send everything back to the depot again, this time without the convenience of my bins/pots.

I've noticed that this problem mostly occurs when I try to sell a lot of prepared food.  Maybe the dwarfs get hungry and grab food out of the depot and bug everything up?

I'm running Accelerated DF, in case that matters.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Bizarre Trade Depot Bug
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 03:22:17 am »

I've never heard or encountered this in the vanilla game before. In fact, I never heard of this before. Interesting. To find out if it's specific for the mod, you can ask in the mod thread dedicated to that mod, you have a better chance of getting answers (faster) there. I'd almost think you selected a bin for trading and then went and deselected the contents of the bin
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 03:47:37 am »

That sounds highly unusual and not something I've encountered across multiple seasons of trade and many fortreses.

I don't know what to say, except that you might've accidentally deselected the trade material or it got bugged up though some unknown mean I've never seen before. I don't know what Accelerated DF have, but I've heard of scripts that help to manage trading materials.

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 03:54:55 am »

I've run an older fort with acclerated DF and had no problems with trading at all. I suggest you to deconstruct the Depot and build a new one.