Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't save game (???)  (Read 290 times)

iamthelol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can't save game (???)
« on: August 14, 2013, 09:18:57 pm »

I haven't tried saving before, and then i embarked on of my first forts, tried to save it, But when I saved and closed dwarf fortress, loaded up lazy newb pack, clicked play dwarf fortress, and the save wasn't there. >:( (Possibly me being dumb plz halp)

grody311

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can't save game (???)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 11:43:11 pm »

If it saved properly you should be able to pick up where you left off by selecting "continue game."

If I had to guess, I'd say that you have two different installs of DF (perhaps one with LNP and one without), and you're trying to access your save game from a different install.  But if not, it's hard to say what's going on from your description.

Tell us the steps you took to save and quit the game, then the steps you took to load the game.  Be as detailed as possible.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Can't save game (???)
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 03:16:42 am »

with the regular download it also happens when you don't extract the files from the download. iirc you can play it directly too, but unless installed correctly the saves don't work
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.