Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Adamantine artifacts  (Read 1489 times)

herrbdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adamantine artifacts
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 05:56:00 pm »

I've had **totally** unskilled (i.e. no labor set, no skills trained) go Fey and get a legendary skill in whatever they were doing. If they do have skills, they tend to get legendary in whatever skill is highest at the time, even non-crafting skills.

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 01:00:00 am »

As well as a mason becoming a legendary engraver just for making a felsite ring in my case...

First fey mood I get that does not kill the dwarf in question (This was only my second mood) and he gets freaking stone detailing. Admittedly it makes the fortress look nicer. but Masonry is far more useful.

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Tharg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2007, 09:07:00 pm »

In my current game I've had 2 peasants with only grower skills go fey and they both ended up as legendary wood crafters.

I child also went fey (not possessed) afterwards and he produced a stone crown, but he hasn't gained any skills in my case.

Ookpik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2007, 01:59:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Tharg:
<STRONG>I child also went fey (not possessed) afterwards and he produced a stone crown, but he hasn't gained any skills in my case.</STRONG>

Children's skills don't "kick in" until they've practiced the skill as an adult.  This goes for every skill, not just mood skills.  So if a child becomes a Skilled Grower then grows up and becomes a peasant, that peasant will be turquoise on the screen.  S/He won't turn brown and flag as a "Farmer" until hir next skill increase, at which point they'll show up as Skilled or whatever.

g+@@T@+

The intruder arose, casting off its black cloak.  "Behold, stunted jesters!  It is I, Scuro!"  A jagged scar marked the goblin's face from eye to chin, his greasy mane gray and wild, and about his neck was the broken silver amulet, strapped together by a leather band.

Selkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2007, 06:08:00 am »

ive been playing around with itemcorpsed adamantine, and it seems that dwarves will not use adamantine in fey moods. with the jobs enabled i watched a fey metalsmith walk straight past the adamantine stockpile to grab the three nearest ores *past* it, mabye you could get an adamantine artiface if they specificly ask for a metal bar. Also common items use FAR too much adamantine, Bins, statues, barrels all use 9!!!

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2007, 10:59:00 am »

Have you reached the adamantium yet?

They don't use it if you havent got the "Mineral of the gods" message.

Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Selkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2007, 01:58:00 pm »

i used the enable adamantium tool, and i had the adamantium King so i would have expected them to try and use it...

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2007, 02:59:00 pm »

quote:
enable adamantium tool

Never heard of it and have no idea if it also enables adamantium in the minds of fey dwarves.

Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE
Pages: 1 [2]