Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 65

Author Topic: Perpublicon: Round 1: Toaster Vs Tsuchi  (Read 132652 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Perpublicon: Publishing the Perplexicon
« Reply #525 on: December 11, 2013, 11:43:31 pm »

{Great pot:2+1]
[Tsuchi pot:1]
[Tsuchi end:4]

Well, great gets a little ring of squid with drink coaster sized shields that lay limply around him and wiggle.

Tsuchi can only watch as a giant hammer appears, proceeds to nail an electrified stone nail into his shin and then vanish. Now both his legs are fucked.

Good thing I'm not tracking bloodloss for now, eh?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACT!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 12, 2013, 09:06:42 am »

Well, great gets a little ring of squid with drink coaster sized shields that lay limply around him and wiggle.
They're made of leadamantine though, right?

"Adamantine Clockwork Acid Spike Axe!" Imagine a spikey axe with a blade that drips acid. It is made of adamantine and clockworky stuff.

Decapitate Tsuchi with said axe.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 12, 2013, 04:39:18 pm »

The orbs might make it kinda hard to close in without damage, but even if they don't...

Wahaha.
Cover ears, not that it will help, then...
SOUND SOUND SOUND FORCE BEAM!

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #528 on: December 12, 2013, 05:42:49 pm »

They're made of leadamantine though, right?

"Adamantine Clockwork Acid Spike Axe!" Imagine a spikey axe with a blade that drips acid. It is made of adamantine and clockworky stuff.

Decapitate Tsuchi with said axe.
The orbs might make it kinda hard to close in without damage, but even if they don't...

Wahaha.
Cover ears, not that it will help, then...
SOUND SOUND SOUND FORCE BEAM!

[Great speed:1+1]
[Tsuchi speed:3+1]

[tsuchi pot:6]
[Tsuchi dex:5]
Tsuchi channels the great spirits of hair metal bands past and focuses every guitar riff, every screaming lyric, every drum solo into a single concentrated beam of all things Rock and Roll and fires it straight at Great's head.

QUICK REACT, GREAT!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 12, 2013, 10:50:37 pm »

"Force Ichor Blast-Wall!" Imagine a wall of force in front of me, with a layer of ichor on the other side, blocking the shout and propelling the ichor forward.
(I hope I don't botch a Will roll.)

P.S. Copyright infringement!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #530 on: December 13, 2013, 12:49:05 am »

"Force Ichor Blast-Wall!" Imagine a wall of force in front of me, with a layer of ichor on the other side, blocking the shout and propelling the ichor forward.
(I hope I don't botch a Will roll.)

P.S. Copyright infringement!
[pot:1+1]
[end:3]

...So yeah, you take that blast of concentrated force and heavy metal straight to the face. It shatters your ear drums, explodes your teeth, turns your eyes into mush and basically reduces your flesh into hamburger. You're not really dead, but at this point you can't talk so we're gonna disqualify you now.

ALRIGHT. NEXT UP, 3 Man BATTLE ROYALE

This time: Make up a standard character, but you have 5 extra points to put wherever you want. Pool is back to normal. Tsuchi and the first other two.

Oh and one more thing, a new mechanic: Empowerment.  You can drain pool into any stat to give it a temporary boost. Each point of pool used equals one extra point in that stat. Lasts to the end of the turn. It's a free action so you can do it and then act on the same action.

Also, I want you all to look at the list of words. Suggestions for ANYWHERE in there? Suggestions of any kind for new mechanics? Suggestions at all. I'm considering moving on to modifiers  if there are none.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 13, 2013, 07:29:33 am »

More neat little adjectives. Re-add the tattoos. Maybe work on a simple rune system?

Spoiler: Dragon Mage (click to show/hide)
All kosher?
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 13, 2013, 09:04:42 am »

Thrakor Plus

Str 0
End 1
Spd 3
Dex 3
Awr 0
Pot 3
Wil 1
Cha 4
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 13, 2013, 11:01:46 am »

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #534 on: December 13, 2013, 12:07:37 pm »

More neat little adjectives. Re-add the tattoos. Maybe work on a simple rune system?

Spoiler: Dragon Mage (click to show/hide)
All kosher?
I think you have one extra point to put in, if I'm remembering right...it was 11 normally, plus 5 for this, right?

Also tattoos or something like them will come back. But they're gonna be rebalanced. Old tattoos were about as OP as black holes, so either the act of transforming needs to be made more difficult, or more costly.

But thats where my idea for dice pools comes in (more on that later)

Thrakor Plus

Str 0
End 1
Spd 3
Dex 3
Awr 0
Pot 3
Wil 1
Cha 4

Now I'm beginning to doubt if it really was 11 points...

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Well..regardless of it it was right or wrong, you all have the same number of points, so I guess that will work.

ALRIGHT!

Remember, you only have 1 action and 1 reaction per round. That means that getting into 2 on 1 fights is gonna be more difficult then normal one on ones.

[dragon speed:1+1]
[Thrakor speed:3+1]
[Elephant speed:6-1]
[Tsuchi speed:3+1]
Alright, thats the order for this round. Everybody act!

« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 07:49:49 pm by piecewise »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 13, 2013, 12:22:53 pm »

((I just went off GWG's count of points.  Pretty sure it was 10, though.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BlackSulphur ScatterShot at Elephant Man!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 13, 2013, 12:32:26 pm »

Wasn't Tsuchi supposed to be in this one?
Sig

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #537 on: December 13, 2013, 12:57:01 pm »

Yeah, he was...but people posted faster then him.

If he still wants to be in it, he can enter as the fourth contestant.

Yeah, lets turn this into a fourway, baby.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 13, 2013, 06:08:15 pm »

Oh hell yes.
Oh, also, going to post character sheet right under this in a second

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---
You know, imbue words would be nice. Also, words such as Overdrive (effect becomes much greater- fire sword and Overdrive Fire Sword- the Overdrive one has mastery of fire, and a single swing might be able to melt steel and launch fireballs, but come at a very heavy cost, such as every use permanently reducing a stat.

Maybe a word for Shifting/Staged? Clockwork kinda works if I wanted a shortsword that folded out into a 2H sword, but maybe I want something else thematically... just an idea.

Include a fantasy Base that reacts VERY violently with the current Acid?

I'd personally like to see a new section of descriptors, that could kinda produce stuff like Zeus Stone, but in more words. Piezoelectric fungus: don't step on it. That kind of thing.

Also, sound attacks sure are fun. Especially since I just watched the latest Kill la Kill, i.e, the latter half of the fight with Jazakure. She was in a giant blimp that fired music lasers and recorder missiles.

---

Also, if you've got rock and roll, why not include other types of music/have a little addendum for those who would want to, if you don't want to add a fuckton of words to the list. I really want a "Fanfare/Big Band" word.

((Assuming I can bastardize "RocknRoll" and get away with it))
Raise hands into the air, as though conducting an orchestra. After bouncing each hand four times to the beat, shout
Symphonic Sound Force Shockwave Explode-Around
while continuing to conduct the hallucinatory band.
((Assuming I am the chosen one by the gods of rock))
Wave to the invisible crowds, then pretend to grab a guitar. Shout
Rock n Roll Sound Force Shockwave Explode-Around
while strumming on the air guitar.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 06:21:49 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 13, 2013, 07:25:17 pm »

Force Adamantine Aura!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 65