Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 65

Author Topic: Perpublicon: Round 1: Toaster Vs Tsuchi  (Read 132427 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Perpublicon: Publishing the Perplexicon
« Reply #360 on: September 29, 2013, 04:46:00 pm »

I have a list of gods, I just haven't added them to the game yet. As for the multiple gods in Perplexicon, I think you'd have to make a puppet and have it worship one.
Wait...I'm not sure what you said, but if you said what I think you said, I approve and advise adding a banjo.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #361 on: September 29, 2013, 04:49:07 pm »

The fusion circle would probably cause you to immediately be branded traitor by both gods. And of course, you'd have to rick losing dominance to the other player. And have to get them into the circle in the first place.

My gods are:

The Sower of Seeds. Worship by: Plantng seeds, preferably in the corpses of your enemies. Boons: Food, Healing, Specialized Plants.   Taboo: Use of Fire or Metal. Curse: When you touch them, plants either wither and die, or they mutate and attack you.

The Breaker of Spells. Worship By: Destroying magic Items, killing mages. Boons: High quality items that resist magic, buffs Taboo: The use of magic or anything made by magic. Curse: You become weak and frail.

The Consuming Flame. Worship by: Burning things Boons: Buffs Taboo: Seeing someone or something you can burn, and not trying to burn it. Curse: Slowly freezing to death.

The Weaver of Flesh. Worship by: Cutting yourself, cutting your enemies, eating your enemies, etc. Boons: Mutations, Minions, Healing.   Taboo: Destroying flesh. Cutting, crushing, or eating it is fine. But don't burn or disintegrate it. Curse: Wasting away.

The Sage. Worship by: Seeking out new knowledge. Boons: Knowledge. Taboo: Destroying knowledge. Curse: Being struck blind or deaf.

The Master. Woship by: Tricking people, Controlling people. Boons: Minions, Things that give you the ability to control other people.   Taboo: Obeying people of other faiths. Curse: Being forced to do what other people tell you to.

The Smith. Worship by: Making things, preferably things noone has ever made before. Boons: Tools, Raw Materials. Taboo: Destroying Items of good Craftsmanship.   Curse: Being unable to create.

The Betrayer of the Living. Worship by: Killing living things, making unnatural creatures. Boons: Magic Items, Healing, Knowledge. Taboo:Sparing a living thing. Curse: Being unable to Heal or regenerate.

@ GWG: I mean make a sentient flesh human that you control, and have it worship a different god then you. There are lots of risks, or course, but it could be attempted.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 29, 2013, 04:59:20 pm »

Wow, I think that I have already picked two or three gods from those.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #363 on: September 29, 2013, 05:08:17 pm »

Those aren't actually in the game right now, I figured things were complicated enough.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 29, 2013, 05:11:45 pm »

I meant that I know which ones I will choose when I get the chance.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #365 on: September 29, 2013, 05:14:28 pm »

You still lack Necromancer and Time gods :P
Either ways some are quite similar to the original ones. (Not bad!)
Sower of seeds would be kind of similar to Nul-Sheal with plant control.
Flesh one to Parathun, Fire one to (Insert Everflame name here), etc.
While i like Taboo and curse, i hope you continue the old Who kills you gets my favour thing.
Finally, on my opinion, i prefer names such as Parathun and Nul-Sheal to the ones you added.

Not the same, but Sower of Seeds sounds weird to me.
Fedhas-Madhas was one of the gods i said on my post on comparison :P
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #366 on: September 29, 2013, 06:50:35 pm »

So.

I've finished up the descriptions for the simple substances I have so far. As it is, I look forward to people attempting to make what amount to light sabers with a blade made of star matter and a handle made of adamantine.

I've moved on to mundane complex substances, which includes things like insectoid, Victorian, Cephalopod, Samurai and the like. Mixing these and other complex substances should lead to all sorts of fun, campy sub-genres, like squid ninjas or Giant cockroaches in powdered wigs.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 29, 2013, 08:43:23 pm »

Nice work with the descriptions, PW. But I think that some substances that don't have a particular reason to appear as geometric shapes should abstain from doing so, so that there is no confusion with the shape words.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 29, 2013, 08:49:32 pm »

Where is it?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #369 on: September 29, 2013, 09:12:35 pm »

Where is what? My game can be found in my signature, and Piecewise is probably still putting these things in the perplexicon file he linked us to with dropbox.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 30, 2013, 06:34:02 am »

Where is it?

To help a lazy Derm:

Well, actually the list of words is mostly useful stuff, there's only a few that that are really that questionable. The file is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5eogm7wbmamvd0/Perplexicon%20RV.odt

As usual. It's in progress, obviously, but you can look at it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #371 on: September 30, 2013, 11:53:27 am »

By the way, I've been thinking about counter spelling, so opinions on that are welcome too.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #372 on: September 30, 2013, 12:08:33 pm »

By the way, I've been thinking about counter spelling, so opinions on that are welcome too.
Doesnt Dispel word do that?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 30, 2013, 12:17:55 pm »

Opposed potency rolls, maybe? Counter takes pool equal to the pool used in the cast?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #374 on: September 30, 2013, 12:20:24 pm »

@GWG: It's really just a little Perplexicon game made on the Spec-Evo website. Nothing to do with Speculative Evolution, although attention for the site shouldn't hurt.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Conceptual_Evolution/topic/5242406/1/

The world list is rather small right now, but it's all original.
Hey look at my latest post!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 12:22:29 pm by Sarzael »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 65