Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 65

Author Topic: Perpublicon: Round 1: Toaster Vs Tsuchi  (Read 132585 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Perpublicon: Publishing the Perplexicon
« Reply #180 on: August 27, 2013, 07:45:25 pm »

"With" might not be such a good thing, but maybe a "Implements" or "creates" or even "fueled by".

So you could make a "Gun Creates Fire" and get a flamethrower, or Gun Creates Acid Fueled By Alcohol, to get an acid-thrower that is more powerful but requires alcohol to function.

"Implements" is better for crossbows- "creates acid arrows" implies that it magically spawns an acid arrow, and dosen't always know that it's not safe and winds up dousing itself in acid, "implement" means the item is designed to use the object in question- a "gun implement laser" is a literal laser gun.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 27, 2013, 07:46:28 pm »

'Steel crossbow acid arrow' Done next.
Makes a spiky crossbow made of acid and steel.

Also when did aerodynamicability ever cross into the equation? Are we keeping track of this now? Should I specify the gravity to the hundreths in G's?

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THE LOCAL WEATHER PATTERNS IN YOUR DEATH ARENA.

Partly cloudy and a fifty percent chance of augh my blood.
Don't mock me. "Sphere Bolt," regardless of material, will not work for the same reason that Green Arrow's boxing-glove arrows won't work.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 27, 2013, 07:47:49 pm »

You do all realize that this is a system where everybody knows nothing about what the words are at the start, right?

I feel you may be missing that bit and just looking at it from the perspective of someone who has all of the words from the get go.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 27, 2013, 07:54:26 pm »

But the players do have all the words from the get-go. They just don't know their meanings.

Separating words into full words, suffixes, and joints will allow players to form coherent sentences even if they don't understand the meanings.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 27, 2013, 07:58:16 pm »

What about instead "implements", "crafts", "creates" and other similar verbs?

Say, "crossbow implements acid arrows" would fire arrows made of pure acid- no middleman needed. You might have to load it with acid arrows or something, but if made right, it's acidproof because it implemented it. This one is possibly unuseable, because it does not make the "arrow" shape, it expects that from the get-go, and can be very difficult to load as a result.

"Crossbow crafts acid arrows" requires you to add acid, but not in arrow form, as the crossbow makes the acid into arrow form. This device does REQUIRE the base materials.

"Crossbow creates acid arrows" does not need acid, might require pool to fire at 1/2 (firing costs one pool, 1/2 of "acid arrows") as the arrows are created as needed.

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 27, 2013, 07:58:55 pm »

I suppose if you put it into it's own seperate page it'd create a lot less hassle from my perspective.

I just don't really get it, I guess.

(Also Sean seeing as you're back either edit your sig or get your game on, man. You're giving me delusions of happiness.)
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 27, 2013, 08:04:47 pm »

(Also Sean seeing as you're back either edit your sig or get your game on, man. You're giving me delusions of happiness.)[/size]

((Don't worry Derm, the pony forums are up and running fine.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 27, 2013, 08:08:48 pm »

(Also Sean seeing as you're back either edit your sig or get your game on, man. You're giving me delusions of happiness.)[/size]

((I haven't been there in like two months though. And haven't posted in... something like a year.
edit: yep, almost a year. Last post from October '12.))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 27, 2013, 08:10:36 pm »

((The wha? If you aren't going to get back to MwM2, remove it from your sig, is what I'm saying. I don't have an opinion on the forum thing.))
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 08:12:44 pm by dermonster »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 27, 2013, 08:12:49 pm »

((I haven't been there in like two months though. And haven't posted in... something like a year.
edit: yep, almost a year. Last post from October '12.))

((Actually, it seems rather quiet. Oh well, there are a ton of MLP Forums still going strong out there.))

((The What? If you aren't going to get back to MwM2, remove it from your sig, is what I'm saying. I don't have an opinion on the forum thing.))

((Listen, if you love Applejack we won't judge you. Okay, we'll judge you a little.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 27, 2013, 08:13:16 pm »

((The- If you aren't going to get back to MwM2, remove it from your sig, is what I'm saying. I don't have an opinion on the forum thing.))
((I'll just list it as inactive again. That game needs a GM who can actually run it, and I believe it's quite apparent from my previous attempts that I no longer can. ._.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2013, 08:17:15 pm »

Okay look, I've watched it, but it's not what I'm talking about.

Also you were/are a fantastic GM. The first, in fact. How long did you keep the first one running? Three hundred turns? With ten goddamn people? You just went overboard with the dialog (Maybe the pictures) and went through burnout or something, from what I remember. Don't give up, mate~

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 27, 2013, 08:18:15 pm »

((The What? If you aren't going to get back to MwM2, remove it from your sig, is what I'm saying. I don't have an opinion on the forum thing.))
((Listen, if you love Applejack we won't judge you. Okay, we'll judge you a little.))
((Not everyone loves MLP. Personally, my feelings towards it are about the same as my feelings towards Twilight, just with a different reason for disgust at the popularity.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 27, 2013, 08:21:16 pm »

Oh lets not even start with this argument again.

Lets go with 'It's suprisingly popular for a show about cartoon horses', nod our heads as if the other person agreed with our respective opinion, and head on to our respective destinations.

Notibly the perplexicon/Giving Seans GMing confidence a boost.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 27, 2013, 08:22:32 pm »

Oh lets not even start with this argument again.

Lets go with 'It's suprisingly popular for a show about cartoon horses', nod our heads as if the other person agreed with our respective opinion, and head on our way.
I'll leave it there if TCM will. So who knows if I'll end up leaving it there.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 65