Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 65

Author Topic: Perpublicon: Round 1: Toaster Vs Tsuchi  (Read 132512 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Perpublicon: Publishing the Perplexicon
« Reply #285 on: September 16, 2013, 11:12:26 pm »

So I'm basically going to alter the way Tattoos work.

Tattoos will work basically like spell storage. You can store a spell for single use in them and then pull it out whenever you need to for zero pool cost, like a scroll. And they'll reflect the spell you have stored. Ie, Living steel dragon back tattoo will give you a sweet Yakuza style dragon tattoo on your back that can, on your command, come forth from the tattoo and attack your enemies. Or let you pull swords from tattoos on your arms.

And all the tattoos on a body part activate when the person dies or that body part is severed. So you can create Deadman switch style self destruct spells.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 16, 2013, 11:15:11 pm »

No more full body stuff?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 16, 2013, 11:19:50 pm »

Tattoos will work basically like spell storage. You can store a spell for single use in them and then pull it out whenever you need to for zero pool cost, like a scroll. And they'll reflect the spell you have stored. Ie, Living steel dragon back tattoo will give you a sweet Yakuza style dragon tattoo on your back that can, on your command, come forth from the tattoo and attack your enemies. Or let you pull swords from tattoos on your arms.

And all the tattoos on a body part activate when the person dies or that body part is severed. So you can create Deadman switch style self destruct spells.
So theorectically you could have 10,000 dragon sigils on your arm if you drew small enough? Because a swarm of 10,000 dragons sounds awesome.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #288 on: September 17, 2013, 12:00:45 am »

No more full body stuff?
No, that still exists. It's just a different thing, not tattoos.

So theorectically you could have 10,000 dragon sigils on your arm if you drew small enough? Because a swarm of 10,000 dragons sounds awesome.
There's gonna be limit, but you can have more then one. Limits will probably be related to the category of word used. So you could have, say, lots of steel swords, but one or two giant adamantine dragons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 17, 2013, 12:01:47 am »

Aww. :P
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 17, 2013, 12:10:00 am »

I'm just assuming that the roll results for making a tattoo are going to be secret, right? So you don't know if you screwed up before you activate it.

PS: Also, how is that different from how they were before?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 12:12:10 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #291 on: September 17, 2013, 12:51:31 am »

Full body is a mark, not a tatoo.

Thearpox: Earlier tatoos were more like enchantment/imbue circles while now they seem more like... the circles that makes stuff appear.

Xantalos: Many Many Many Diamond Arcanebeam breathing dragons (Tatoo)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 01:05:26 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 17, 2013, 07:00:24 am »

Hm. I wonder if we can get a system like that in the Pit of Magic. I'd like a tattoo of Myxidia Irros Zentol. A demonic candied black hole that comes out and attacks everyone once I die.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 17, 2013, 07:04:33 am »

Hm. I wonder if we can get a system like that in the Pit of Magic. I'd like a tattoo of Myxidia Irros Zentol. A demonic candied black hole that comes out and attacks everyone once I die.
THE EVIL IS SO TASTY
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 17, 2013, 07:18:24 am »

Sounds tasty.

Full body marks are tricky.  In Pit they were actually a last-minute addition, kept around not for steel/plastic/whatever body forms, but more for stat boosts.  If I ever redid the system, giving yourself an [element] body would almost certainly be nerfed.

Hey GWG, how do you know you can't already do that?

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #295 on: September 17, 2013, 09:21:35 am »

What about a word for Mutagenic? Would have effects similar to Parathun but weaker.

Also i made what could be called Perplexicon: The Table Game, done with decorations and stuff. The arena is kinda similar to a DND Dungeon, albeit smaller (4-5 rooms), and is made to play with friends in your own house.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 09:27:12 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 17, 2013, 09:50:33 am »

Intriguing. How does that work? Does everyone know all the words to start, or is there a GM, or what?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #297 on: September 17, 2013, 10:01:33 am »

Intriguing. How does that work? Does everyone know all the words to start, or is there a GM, or what?
We switch the GM, so far im getting ready for the first round with four persons apart of myself.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #298 on: September 18, 2013, 09:44:56 am »

So I'm thinking of ways to do transformation spells, the sort of thing that would happen in the old game when you made a tattoo filled with various substances and then became all or partially made of those substances. They, along with "control" were pretty OP in the original game, so I'm thinking of a way to limit their usage a bit.

Now, enchanting things currently works by writing the words on whatever you want to enchant. For instance, write the word for fire on your sword to get a fire sword! Write flesh kitten chainsaw on your sword to cause it to cut like a chainsaw made of a thousand little kitten claws. Basically, it doesn't transform things into other things, it just gives them aspects of those things.

Now, for transformative spells I was thinking that it would be the same as enchanting, except that instead of just writing or drawing or engraving the words, you have to inscribe the word or words on a piece of material and then physically implant it in whatever you want to transform. Ie, to transform into steel, you would need to get a steel stud or something, engrave the word for steel on it and then jam it into your flesh. Transforming your whole body would require lots of these "piercings" and it would prevent people from just willy nilly transforming themselves into steam or lightning or toxin. You'd have to plan things out very carefully, transforming in stages and using solidified forms of substances. You could also, say, implant a steel rod with "Steel sword" on it to transform that limb into a steel sword. etc.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 18, 2013, 09:49:46 am »

That sounds fucking awesome. Maybe also make it so that it requires some kinda ritual shit as well?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 65