Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 65

Author Topic: Perpublicon: Round 1: Toaster Vs Tsuchi  (Read 132484 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Perpublicon: Publishing the Perplexicon
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2013, 11:07:41 am »

Hmm that scribblenauts idea is actually a really good one. I'll have to look up a list for that.
For nouns, it's "Approximately everything that is not vulgar or trademarked".
I noticed. I may have to scan through, choose things that look interesting. Or, if nothing else, it might help break writers block, if I end up wondering what to add.

In many cases with the lower level mundane stuff it's really a case of picking and choosing. I could have thousands of substances but no one wants to sift through a million virtually identical substances to find the good ones. As funny as a dragon made of pipe cleaners, drywall and Styrofoam would be. 

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2013, 11:12:05 am »

Okay, yeah, I only listened up until the point when you said 'pipe cleaners' so go make them now kthnx.

*sacrifices goat*

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2013, 12:39:04 pm »

Oh, this brings me to another point: Should have have drugs in here? Are men made of meth with heroin blood acceptable?

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2013, 12:51:53 pm »

Oh, this brings me to another point: Should have have drugs in here? Are men made of meth with heroin blood acceptable?
What would be the point? I mean, there are better materials, and those may be offensive for some people.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2013, 01:12:47 pm »

What would be the point? I mean, there are better materials, and those may be offensive for some people.
So you can be the ultimate supervillain, obviously.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2013, 01:45:12 pm »

So you can be the ultimate supervillain, obviously.
Powers

The more cocaine he used, the more powerful Snowflame becomes.

Superhuman Strength

Superhuman Speed: powered by the usage of cocaine.

Immunity to Pain

Pyrokinesis: Psychokinetic flames that covered his body.

Weaknesses

Cocaine dependence

Equipment

Cocaine

Weapons

Cocaine

Well.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2013, 01:48:49 pm »

What about instead of stuff like heroin or meth, have a "drug" modifier or element. Have it act like heroin or meth by default, but make it apply temporary enchantments to the user dependent on the elements used in conjunction with it. Essentially, it would allow players to have situational self-enchantments that can be pre-prepared but would also get them high as fuck during it. And the more durg-applied enchantments someone has, the higher the risk of  overdose.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2013, 01:54:53 pm »

I don't see anything wrong with adding drugs per se, but it should definitely be optional, and very clearly marked as optional.

What about instead of stuff like heroin or meth, have a "drug" modifier or element. Have it act like heroin or meth by default, but make it apply temporary enchantments to the user dependent on the elements used in conjunction with it. Essentially, it would allow players to have situational self-enchantments that can be pre-prepared but would also get them high as fuck during it. And the more durg-applied enchantments someone has, the higher the risk of  overdose.
I feel like making it a drug but not calling it a drug lands you in a deeper hole made of hypocrisy. This sort of censorship might make sense when getting published by a big company, but here... the worst case scenario is: "There is no such thing as a bad publicity."
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2013, 02:13:31 pm »

People consuming drugs should have an Endurance roll to avoid overdose and a Will roll to actually do what they wanted to do, instead of randomly jumping to magma thinking it is a gold coin pile (Not sure which is worst, though)

"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2013, 02:14:38 pm »

I don't see anything wrong with adding drugs per se, but it should definitely be optional, and very clearly marked as optional.

I feel like making it a drug but not calling it a drug lands you in a deeper hole made of hypocrisy. This sort of censorship might make sense when getting published by a big company, but here... the worst case scenario is: "There is no such thing as a bad publicity."
It would be called "drug" since it's a more general term. Usually heroin doesn't make people become more proficient in magic nor does it turn them into entities made up of arcane energy. I think.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2013, 02:16:39 pm »

If you still need a random word generator, PW, I could modify my Travesty Generator to function as one. Assuming I can actually find the source for it. It'll need a smorgasbord of real words to mangle, but it should work pretty well.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2013, 02:18:30 pm »

Having a couple different generic drugs as words makes sense. "Intoxicant" (aka Uristrast), "Stimulant," "Depressant," "Hallucinogen," etc.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2013, 02:29:10 pm »

If you still need a random word generator, PW, I could modify my Travesty Generator to function as one. Assuming I can actually find the source for it. It'll need a smorgasbord of real words to mangle, but it should work pretty well.
That would be cool. It would be nice to have something to include with the thing.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 22, 2013, 11:20:17 pm »

YES TO DA DRUGS.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2013, 09:29:48 pm »

So far I have a tentative 76 words for simple substances. Original game had 44. This doesn't include the Complex words that will be added after this. New words include:
Sound
superglue
Pipe cleaners
Tear gas
Gun powder
Laser
Miasma
Chlorine Triflouride

Still adding more.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 65