Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: [SG] The Everdeeps - Kinnetic Introductions  (Read 10552 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] The Everdeeps - A shocking development
« Reply #150 on: October 01, 2013, 05:23:16 pm »

As you turn to check whether the dead devourer had any nonobvious possessions (and from the looks of it, it didn't), the living one apparently can't contain its appetite anymore, shambles towards you, and with an audible click sets off some kind of trap - spikes shoot out of the pillars, but the devourer manages to dodge them, and reaches a point about four meters before you.

Spoiler: Ignum Shattershield (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 01, 2013, 08:04:28 pm »

CHARGE SMASH.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 04, 2013, 05:17:37 pm »

You charge the treacherous beast, and leave basically no part of it intact. There is very little that would indicate what creature the devourer was in life. With your success, you finally take in this strange room. The part you are in looks relatively normal, with the same types of stone, walls, and pillars as the rest of the Ruins. There are a few plants breaking through here and there, though. Past the row of pillars with the trapped floorplate, however, is a grassy expanse with some bushes, trees, and small mounds. The area is surrounded by a dark blue barrier of some sort, probably some kind of magical energy. The center holds a zone similar to the safe area you encountered earlier, surrounded by green flames. You suspect it isn't a safe zone - or maybe more than one -  even though it contains a large tent.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 04, 2013, 07:28:58 pm »

Loot time and praise " ".
Highly Opinionated Fool

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 05, 2013, 12:28:44 pm »

The second devourer doesn't have anything to loot either, and there seem to be no hidden caches or anything on this side of the pillar row, so you start the ritual sacrifices to " ". As you finish, you notice that a centaur has stepped out of the tent. "Ah", he says, "I thought I had heard something. I am Noletius, a merchant originally from the Hooflands, now... stranded here, you could say. Be careful - I think that row of pillars is trapped."

Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] The Everdeeps - Merchant Greetings
« Reply #155 on: October 05, 2013, 04:05:59 pm »

Well, lets sneak past the pillars and go trade.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 06, 2013, 03:34:34 pm »

You squeeze through a gap between the pillars to avoid stepping on the trap, and meet Noletius in front of his tent. "Very well. Stop me if you heard this before, but this area is a combined storage area and safe area - you can safely store items here, and I can't get to them. Every person gets their own storage, and other storage areas will allow you access to what you store here. To open your storage, you make an L-shaped sweep with your hand. Now that that's out of the way, right now I can offer you -

Identification services
Identify single-use item10 copper
Identify standard item1 silver
Identify rare item, like an artifact or apparatus10 silver
Single-use items
Iron ration1 silver
Gold ration5 silver+5 temporary AP after rest
Steel ration5 silver+10 temporary HP after rest
Potion of Night's Rest25 silverCure all damage and AP

Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 06, 2013, 07:05:50 pm »

What is the diffrence between steel and gold rations?
And lets get the gears looked at.
Highly Opinionated Fool

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 06, 2013, 07:06:49 pm »

Identify the apparatus.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 07, 2013, 12:32:33 pm »

((The rations should be explained in the table above, but gold rations grant 5 temporary AP after the rest, and steel rations 10 temporary HP.))

Noletius takes the apparatus and looks at it. "I have a good idea what kind of apparatus it is, but I need to do this properly." He grabs some things out of his storage, retires to an edge of the safe zone. After a while, he returns and hands the apparatus back. "Apparatus of Shadow. You can place an item or corporized skill into it, and after the next rest, it'll return a... darker version of the item or skill in question. Afterwards, it'll remain shut until you've rested four times. There are things and skills the Apparatus won't accept, for various reasons. What you gain isn't necessarily stronger than what you put in, but it's unlikely to be weaker.

Anything else?" he asks as he takes the ten silver from you.

Identification services
Single-use items
Iron ration1 silver

Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 07, 2013, 02:09:13 pm »

I vote we get the boots or a statue thing looked at.
Highly Opinionated Fool

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 07, 2013, 05:00:04 pm »

+1 to asking him to take a look at one of the statues.
I would have to assume that they would be similar in nature, so there is likely little point in getting them all inspected.
Buy a Potion of Night's Rest, a gold ration, a steel ration, and 5 regular rations.
We really don't know how rare or common shopkeepers are, so loading up might be a good idea. The cost adds up to 40 silver, by the way.
Also, what's a general estimate as to the weight of what we're carrying, and a general estimate of how much more we can carry?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 07, 2013, 06:05:05 pm »

+1 to asking him to take a look at one of the statues.
I would have to assume that they would be similar in nature, so there is likely little point in getting them all inspected.
Buy a Potion of Night's Rest, a gold ration, a steel ration, and 5 regular rations.
We really don't know how rare or common shopkeepers are, so loading up might be a good idea. The cost adds up to 40 silver, by the way.
Also, what's a general estimate as to the weight of what we're carrying, and a general estimate of how much more we can carry?

I rather would buy 6 steel-rations instead, but else +1

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 08, 2013, 03:24:40 pm »

You weigh your pack, and decide that it's still carryable. You remember that your standard pack is, for some reason, only able to hold 26 distinct types of items, and it doesn't allow combining unidentified items with their identified counterparts. So, if those unidentified rations in your pack happened to be gold rations, they would not fit in with gold rations you might buy from Noletius unless you get them identified as such. Wielded or worn items do not count towards that limit, and neither do any sorts of currency. Corporized skills usually do not exist long enough for them to take up space. Right, corporized skills. You can, at any time, attempt to put an innate skill into a corporeal form for a very short time, just long enough to put them into an apparatus, for example. If you don't, it snaps back into you. You can't corporize skills gained from items, such as the flight or fire resistance from the Dragon's Boots, though in the case of the Apparatus of Shadow, you apparently could place the boots themselves into the apparatus.

Noletius squints as he takes the figurine. "No", he sighs, "that is something I cannot properly identify. I can tell you that it is a figurine representing one of the Astrosial constellations, and is somehow key to opening the gate to the Guard of the Astrosial Ruins, but since the way to open the gate always changes, I really can't tell you more, unfortunately. I realize that most likely you knew most or all of this already, so there is no charge for this.

So, you wanted some combination of rations and/or a potion of night's rest?"

Identification services
Single-use items
Iron ration1 silver

Direforged Original
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15