Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Understanding entity_default better  (Read 1529 times)

Egarb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Understanding entity_default better
« on: April 05, 2007, 06:48:00 pm »

is there a list of what the entity_default flags mean?  I'm changing the civilazations up and the wiki only has a few of the flags described.

If there isn't I have a question. What happens if you add multiple creatures to a civilization?  Will towns of that civ be all one or the other or will it be mixed?

Heliopios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Understanding entity_default better
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 07:56:00 pm »

schnobs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 09:02:00 pm »

This might be not too off-topic here... the article you linked to doesn't explain it, at any rate.

I've got plenty of warthogs on my map. Somewhere in their stats it says [IVORY]. Warthogs are dying left and right, of every cause imaginable. But I yet have to see some ivory.

Egarb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 09:26:00 pm »

That link describes the creature flags that define creatures, such as for the creatures_standard file.  I was looking for the entity_default flag definitions which define the civilization/culture behavior.  You see, I'm turning my Dwarf Fortress into Orc Stronghold.

I was tired of my whiney dwarves, so I made Orcs, whose happiness can be increased by the killing of creatures. I got it working to an extent but I didn't know what all of the flags did, such as [BABYSNATCHER] and [NUISANCE]. I can get a good guess of the meaning but not how it effects their inter-civilization relations.

Edit: If there isn't a resource we can start making one

[ April 05, 2007: Message edited by: Egarb ]

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 01:39:00 pm »

Ivory happens when you make bone crafts from these creatures I think.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Egarb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 01:17:00 am »

Well, judging by the lack of responses I assume that it is project time, I'll compile a list of flags and assumed meanings within the week.  I'll post it, we can work out the kinks and update the wiki.

[ April 08, 2007: Message edited by: Egarb ]

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 01:40:00 pm »

goblins are baby snatchers.  if they are in contact with you, they will send thieves to try to steal babies.  i dont know about nusiance, but i suspect that is the flag for kobolds whom just steal stuff.

also, you have to order a workshop to Extract From Animal to get that ivory out.  Regular bones are not Ivory.

Egarb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 08:09:00 pm »

I dont think that I've missed anything, heres what I've got.

code:

[<Region>_SETTLEMENTS]         Insert MOUNTAIN, PLAINS, FOREST, or EVIL so that the civilizations will
               generate in regions of that sort.  Other regions possible?
[CIV_CONTROLLABLE]         Makes this civ controllable in Fortress Mode.
               Unknown as to how the game acts if multiple entities have this flag.

[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]         Allows you to play as a unit of this race in adventure mode even if there are no settlements.

[CREATURE:<Creature>]         Defines what creature the civilization is made out of as defined in a
               CREATURE file. As far as I can tell, if you put multiples, each settlement will be exclusively one race or the other.
[TRANSLATION:<Language>]      What language to use.  Will detect new laguages if you name the files correctly.
[DIGGER: <Weapon>]         What weapon miners of this race use, ITEM_WEAPON_PICK is default,
               have not tested other weapons.
[<Type>: <Item>]      <Type> is the category of item (for refrencing the correct
               file presumably) and <Item> is the name of the item in the
               ITEM_WEAPON_AXE type format
[AMMO: ITEM_AMMO_<BOLTS>]   What sort of ammo this weapon uses, if any.  Indented one tab under the
               appropriate weapon.
[SEIGER]            This entity lays sieges
[CLOTHING]            This entity wears clothes
[SUBTERRANEAN_CLOTHING]         This entity wears subterranean clothing
[CURRENCY_BY_YEAR]         Don't know
[CURRENCY:<Material>:<Value>]      <Material> is what sort of coin (COPPER, SILVER, etc.) and <Value> is the
               value of this coinage in the economy (I think).  Coppers are by default 1.  
               Non standard metals possible? Make use of those "commemorative" coins in the
               economy?
[SELECT_SYMBOL:ALL:<Type>]      Include all words in the fort name and unit name generation from a given
               category (FLOWERY, NATURE, PRIMATIVE, HOLY, EVIL, NEGATOR, MAGIC, VIOLENT,
               PEACE, UGLY, DEATH, OLD, UNTOWARD, SUBORDINATE, LEADER, NEW, DOMESTIC, MYTHIC,
               ARTIFICE, COLOR, MYSTERY, NEGATIVE, ROMANTIC, ASSERTIVE, AQUATIC, PROTECT,
               RESTRAIN, THOUGHT, WILD, NAME_SWAMP, NAME_FOREST, NAME_DESERT, NAME_MOUNTAINS,
               NAME_OCEAN, NAME_GLACIER, NAME_TUNDRA, NAME_GRASSLAND, NAME_HILLS, NAME_REGION,
               NAME_CAVE, NAME_EARTH, NAME_LAKE, NAME_ENTITY_KINGDOM, NAME_ENTITY_TOWN_FOUNDER,
               GOOD).  All found in the language_SYM file.
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:<Type>]      Don't include any words in fort name and unit name generation from the
               aforementioned categories.
[<Material>_Pref]         Units in entity like things made of this material. Dwarves have METAL for
               example. Least, thats what I think it is.  Maybe they prefer to make things
               out of this material instead.
[INDOOR_FARMING]         Entity uses indoor farms
[OUTDOOR_FARMING]         Entity uses outdoor farms
[USE_CAVE_ANIMALS]         Entity uses cave animals
[USE_ANIMAL_PRODUCTS]         Entity uses things made from animals
[USE_EVIL_ANIMALS]         Entity uses evil animals
[COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK]         Uses animals as a pack animal
[COMMON_DOMESTIC_PULL]         Uses animals to pull stuff
[COMMON_DOMESTIC_MOUNT]         Uses animals as mounts
[COMMON_DOMESTIC_PET]         Uses animals as pets
[RIVER_PRODUCTS]         Seems obvious, but not quite sure what it does in game terms
[OCEAN_PRODUCTS]         Seems obvious, but not quite sure what it does in game terms
[BABYSNATCHER]            Steals babies
[NUISANCE]            Sends theives and other stuff (?)

[ April 10, 2007: Message edited by: Egarb ]

[ April 10, 2007: Message edited by: Egarb ]

[ April 12, 2007: Message edited by: Egarb ]

Egarb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 08:34:00 pm »

If I've left any out or somone wants to correct/clarify tell me and I'll make the change.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 10:35:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Egarb:
<STRONG>
code:

[CURRENCY_BY_YEAR]         Don't know

</STRONG>

I'd guess it means the race makes a new design for each coin every year like dwarves do. You may have noticed in Adventure mode that human and elven civilizations only have one design for each denomination.
I wonder if playing around with the item tags affects what weapons and armor you can make, or just what they appear with...

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 11:23:00 pm »

yes it does. with the bow added you can make and use bows from a bowyers, not just crossbows

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 12:24:00 am »

If you add new civilizations, how does the game make use of them? I guess most of the interactions from other civilizations are hardcoded, but how hardcoded are they? If you make a new civilization with [NUISANCE], will you get thieves from that civilization in addition to kobolds?

Egarb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 06:15:00 am »

The bow thing does work.  And I'll test the [NUISANCE] thing after my current fort dies off.  I'm also going to test the interaction between [CIV_PLAYABLE] and some others.  It seems to conflict sometimes.

Fieari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 02:37:00 pm »

Dwarves can't USE bows though, because their arms are too stubby to pull back the strings effectively.  (the bow item entry specifies a minimum size to use, and this excludes dwarves)

You can let them construct bows, but they function basically as craft goods.  Humans would love you.

Egarb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 04:25:00 pm »

added [Indiv_Controllable].  Mustve skipped over it somehow
Pages: [1] 2