Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Consistent items?  (Read 337 times)

Jackboot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Consistent items?
« on: August 13, 2013, 10:38:31 pm »

Currently my fort wherein I export candy weapons and amour (as well as turning imported ores into the same) is experiencing slow FPS death. Dumping all the cats and xXleather thongXx goods into a pit of lava has worked a bit, but I feel it'll have to be abandoned eventually. I'm holding out because I want immigrants to my other forts to have their candy items.

But the bigger question is, when I export stuff to my civilization, do those items sort of go into a pool where other migrants can possibly end up with them, or do they just disappear once the wagon leaves and you get what you get?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Consistent items?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 10:41:34 pm »

It dissapears when the caravan leaves the map and you get what you get.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 04:30:09 am »

Trading currently is pretty much infinite sink that don't get transferred to other player fortresses outside of historical reference in decoration of trader-made materials. Also infinite source ( in limited quality at once, though ) of material that civ can access, but abandoned fortresses don't counts as access source.

So no importing bluemetal or exotic alloys, unfortunately, even if you've struck it in your fortress, in another fortress.

Best you can do is to roleplay it using either cheat reaction, or with metals, melting down enough coin to replicate them ( each 500 stack of coin gives 110% return for any metal ),

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 10:23:48 pm »

Best you can do is smelt it into weapons and armor, draft FUCKING EVERYBODY, manually assign them the candy, activate everyone, and then abandon. They should come to your fort with the stuff still equipped.

I think.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 11:28:08 pm »

No guarantee that they'll even come to your fort.