Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35

Author Topic: Build a Colony: The Tragic tale of Rearden's Arms  (Read 45280 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Build a Colony: The Tragic tale of Rearden's Arms
« Reply #495 on: January 13, 2014, 08:11:35 am »

I'm not certain about sending bots without night vision into the wilderness/ the dark. Sure, we can replace them, but still.

On a more problematic note, at current rate of consumption we will be out of food tomorrow, or the day after.

Barnum: Sleep
Baily: sleep
Oil rig: Continue production
Mining rig: Continue digging
A - 1: Continue Shutdown
A - 2: Create 3 night vision modules
A - 3: Plug the mining rig back in (Untangle cable first)
A - 4: Start smelting Relux ore 
A - 5: Continue processing the corpse
A - 6: Process stone into concrete dust
A - 7: Start applying concrete to the ditch. ((Well, to the mound of dirt behind it. Idea is to create 2 parallel walls of concrete, with the dirt in between. The ditch remains as it is.))
Us : Finish our work with the e-mag rifle
+1
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 17, 2014, 08:45:54 am »

I'm going to put this on hiatus again guys. I'm probably going to do another adventure soon. I just really want to try something different to my build a ______. I've got a pretty solid plan in my head right now for something to do and I think i'm going to go for it. It might take me a while to prepare however since unlike my other games I'm going to try and pre-prepare pretty much everything.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 17, 2014, 09:42:58 am »

I'm going to put this on hiatus again guys. I'm probably going to do another adventure soon. I just really want to try something different to my build a ______. I've got a pretty solid plan in my head right now for something to do and I think i'm going to go for it. It might take me a while to prepare however since unlike my other games I'm going to try and pre-prepare pretty much everything.
That's a great improvement in the planning aspect I have to say. Hopefully, it will make easier to update the game.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 17, 2014, 10:24:02 am »

Plans and preparation are good.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
Turn 20
« Reply #499 on: October 01, 2014, 03:20:44 am »

Day 2 Turn 1 (Turn 20)
The Colony: (you might want to just follow this link instead since it's a big image: http://i.imgur.com/6cXYWMo.png)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You finish up your research of the E-mag rifle and go to bed (blueprint added) (+10xp).

You wake up to find all the jobs you assigned done.

Most of the robots went into shutdown mode once they were out of orders so most of the robots are now fully charged. You also notice that the Rig's displays indicate that the oil in this pocket is around 50% depleted.

You also see some boats in the river. They look like they are hauling cargo. They are heading east.

1467 Credits | Power: 5/50(+19)
Research:

Resources/Food:

Tools:

Weapons:

Robots/Clones:

Your Modules/Equipment:

Hero(es):

Glossary Posts

Spoiler: Author Notes: (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 01, 2014, 03:24:38 am »

Oh, this is back. Nice.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 01, 2014, 03:38:17 am »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 01, 2014, 06:21:23 am »

Yay!

Let's see:
-Us: smoke that meat! We have trees, let's make some smoke to compensate our lack of cigarettes.
-Robots:
*Keep applicating that concrete!
*Keep refining oil as it is produced.
*I don't know!

Maybe we should send another party to finish the salvage of that ship

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 01, 2014, 06:50:14 am »

It's been a while since the last post (The forum told me it was about 120 days when i was performing necromancy) so I guess it's okay for me to give my two cents considering a lot of people probably have forgotten things.

Honestly, the crash site is probably a waste of time. It takes 6 turns for a round trip on foot and your current bots can't carry that much so getting sizable amounts of loot is going to take a while. If you guys want to get into the whole private security game you'll need two things: the capacity to fight and the ability to actually get to the places you need to protect. To be able to fight effectively you'll need better/more robots (either way is good for now) so that is pretty simple really.

In order to get places you'll need some kind of vehicle. Right now you could probably research some kind of flying machine since you have the anti-grav stuff from the drop-ship to go off but you won't have the resources to make one unless you talk to ROD and buy what you need. Ground vehicles don't have as much access to the map because of the dense forests but you can travel along the riverbank and over the areas with less vegetation (there is a map in the glossary post in case you forgot). You also know of at least one road (over by Rod's place) so there is at least a small road network on the planet. You could also make a boat which would let you travel along the waterways. You've heard that the planet's major city is east along the river so you could get there by boat and sell guns/ look for work/ buy things. Boats are probably the cheapest since you only really need wood and a motor for the bare minimum (although I guess you could make your robots use paddles if you were so inclined).

Anyway hopefully that gives you guys some ideas for ways forward.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 01, 2014, 06:59:52 am »

I have an idea: (after seeing that we can make buildings with force fields)

Rearden Arms' bunkers! Are you in a desperate situation? Do you need some sort of protection like, for yesterday? Well, we have the solution for you! Quick concrete and premade plans allow for the construction of defensive structures in the blink of an eye!

Also, we desing them with a weakness that only us can exploit, like a little hole to throw a grenade into, or something like that.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 01, 2014, 04:00:40 pm »

Guys can we have a robot rowboat?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 01, 2014, 04:35:44 pm »

Also, we desing them with a weakness that only us can exploit, like a little hole to throw a grenade into, or something like that.
Bad idea.

Besides, WE CAN'T make buildings with forcefields. We don't have a forcefield generator.

Barnum: Continue AI  research, then reverse engineer our tools
Baily: Continue AI research, then reverse engineer our tols
Oil rig: Continue production
Mining rig: Broaden the ditch, I guess...
A - 1: Continue applying concrete
A - 2:  Start hacking down trees to the East of our base
A - 3:  Process any gains from mining activities
A - 4:  Process meat so that it is both edible and keeps longer
A - 5:  Keep refining oil
A - 6:  Aid in mining operations
A - 7: Target practise against fish
Us :  Design a variable energy tazer
[/quote]

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 02, 2014, 10:49:17 am »

A boat is useful. Hell, if needed we can just attached a screw prop at the end of either drill and tada we have a motorboat. Or make a paddle-boat.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 02, 2014, 10:55:51 am »

We have schematics for pumps, so there's no need to reverse engineer our drilling things.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35