Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35

Author Topic: Build a Colony: The Tragic tale of Rearden's Arms  (Read 45397 times)

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
Turn 11.7
« Reply #376 on: October 15, 2013, 02:39:47 am »

Turn 11.7 (combat turn)

The Colony: (http://i.imgur.com/fTAWWJq.png)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A-5 catches up to the Bullwart and gives it a good shank. The Bullwart cries out in pain

Crash Site: (http://i.imgur.com/70Z8tNJ.png)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You get a direct uplink between you and A-1's speakers, allowing you to talk to the clones.

"R.I.M. sir. Reardenberg Industrial and Military. We detected your distress call and dispatched this team to investigate.

Is there anything we can do to help."

"Distress call? What? How?"

Another clone further into the craft begins speaking, it appears to be shaking violently.

"Unicorp S-089 courier class dropships are equipped with an emerg ency distress beacon which is activ ated! by the navigation computer in the event of catastrophic engine failure. "

"Why did't you say something about it?!"

"I forgot to..."

"Did you robots eliminate the creatures that killed C-04b?"

"If C-04b is that dead clone over there then yes we did."

"We need to get to the Kennedy installation south of here. Do you have a communications array that you will allow us to use? We wish to send a request for air-lift."

Rod said Unicorp had left the planet so these must be some of the clones that were left behind. You might be able to trust them.
Spoiler: Author Notes: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 03:41:51 am by Evil Lincoln »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Build a Colony: The Tragic tale of Rearden's Arms
« Reply #377 on: October 15, 2013, 03:48:24 am »

((I dunno, do we?))

Assuming so: "Last I heard Unicorp bugged out, no idea why though. But I'm willing to give it a shot anyway."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 15, 2013, 06:45:36 am »

((I dunno, do we?))

Assuming so: "Last I heard Unicorp bugged out, no idea why though. But I'm willing to give it a shot anyway."
Yeah, +1

Nim_Spork

• Escaped Lunatic
  • I'm just a lurker, ignore me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 15, 2013, 06:58:16 am »

I have this feeling that we DIDN'T take out whatever killed C-04b and there's a larger hostile out there.
While the scavengers were vicious, I think 3 clones could have taken them out, given they're armed.

In any case, contact the Kennedy Installation, and ask the clones what happened.
And keep on the lookout.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
Turn 11.8
« Reply #380 on: October 15, 2013, 08:35:12 am »

Turn 11.8.1 (Coms update)

"Last I heard Unicorp bugged out, no idea why though. But I'm willing to give it a shot anyway."

"Unicorp is not the recipient. We no longer belong to them. The message would be sent to the union, our new owners, I mean, associates? Yes associates."

"Well then, we can arrange a communication to your union. What happened here though?"

"Our former brethren fired on us when we passed over the Dawson installation. An engine was damaged and our pilot is suffering from a neurological condition because of the sapience program installed by Unitech, he was unable to keep the dropship in the air."

Spoiler: Author Notes: (click to show/hide)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 15, 2013, 09:03:43 am »

"Dawson instalation? Please elaborate."
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 15, 2013, 09:08:55 am »

Can you send the message from here, or do you want to come with us.

Either way, I don't think you should stay here longer. It can't be much longer till scarier things appear.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 15, 2013, 12:02:28 pm »

Can you send the message from here, or do you want to come with us.

Either way, I don't think you should stay here longer. It can't be much longer till scarier things appear.

+1

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 15, 2013, 12:45:25 pm »

["Come with us back to our base and we can sort things out there. The smell of bloods might attract more thaan scavengers."]

Have one robot pick up pistol on ground, lead them back to base. Once there, inquire for information on Unitech, Dawson Institute, etc
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #385 on: October 15, 2013, 12:47:21 pm »

And once the clones are away from the downed ship, send in a squad with one of the science clones to evaluate it for salvage.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 15, 2013, 12:48:27 pm »

And once the clones are away from the downed ship, send in a squad with one of the science clones to evaluate it for salvage.

Let the mmake the AI first. And the Dawson Institute might want to salvage it as well, and we might as well spare the effort for us if that's the case.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #387 on: October 15, 2013, 12:55:15 pm »

Let the mmake the AI first. And the Dawson Institute might want to salvage it as well, and we might as well spare the effort for us if that's the case.
Isn't the AI a long term thing?

Besides, the clones said THEY belong to dawson. A crashed shuttle is legitimate salvage.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 15, 2013, 01:17:14 pm »

I'd rather not actually.

Travel takes at least 5 turns. Which is another 5 turns we would be missing several combat units, as well as most science capability. It would be rather boring.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 15, 2013, 01:18:22 pm »

Isn't the AI a long term thing?

Besides, the clones said THEY belong to dawson. A crashed shuttle is legitimate salvage.

"Unicorp is not the recipient. We no longer belong to them. The message would be sent to the union, our new owners, I mean, associates? Yes associates."

I think with the abandonment by Inicorp they gained their freedom as it were. If they were still owned-clones they would just say owners.

If you crash your car, it's still your car. And presumably this Dawson Institute has some clout. Let's not get on their bad side by taking salvage they might consider theirs.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35