Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35

Author Topic: Build a Colony: The Tragic tale of Rearden's Arms  (Read 45443 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Build a Colony: The Tragic tale of Rearden's Arms
« Reply #165 on: August 30, 2013, 09:14:15 am »

How would we get the power to them?
This. There are two options: rechargable batteries, or wires. I don't think that we have the resources for both.

I'm on favor of buying the map, and buying greyum, silicon and cristals.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 30, 2013, 09:15:31 am »

This. There are two options: rechargable batteries, or wires. I don't think that we have the resources for both.
I'm not sure we have the resources for either...

I'm on favor of buying the map, and buying greyum, silicon and cristals.
No objections here.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 30, 2013, 09:21:05 am »

I'm not sure we have the resources for either...
I meant to say that. Damn me and my language abilities

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 30, 2013, 09:25:03 am »

We can do it otherwise. We sell them materials, and they can come pick it up, and get free energy for the trip home. (Provided they use energy )

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 30, 2013, 09:29:30 am »

We can do it otherwise. We sell them materials, and they can come pick it up, and get free energy for the trip home. (Provided they use energy )
I like the idea. Maybe we can even pay this guy with energy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 30, 2013, 09:33:37 am »

I like the idea. Maybe we can even pay this guy with energy.
Talk the idea over with him. If we can, great!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 30, 2013, 10:56:24 am »

Well, it depends on what his truck runs on. If we can power it for him on his trip hope I suggest we do it for free, afterall, it pays to be nice and we are likely to do lots of more business with this guy.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

InZane

• Bay Watcher
  • [PIMP_CANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 30, 2013, 03:37:44 pm »

PTW
I PTW anything that seems interesting

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 30, 2013, 04:11:03 pm »

Anyway, considering the long turnaround time, I vote for my previous order. It contains everything we need for a long time.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 01, 2013, 06:36:24 am »

"I'd like to buy 25 Greyum, 10 Hexium, 15 Relux ore, 5 crystals and 20 silicon off you, as well as the map."

"ALRIGHT. I'LL LOAD UP THE TRUCK AND SEND IT OVER. YOU CAN PAY THEN, OR I'LL SHOOT YOU."

"Don't worry I have the money. I look forward to doing more business with you Mr Rod."

"YOU TOO PAL."

You cease transmitting and wait for the map info to arrive.

Spoiler: Author Notes: (click to show/hide)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 01, 2013, 09:06:26 am »

Right. Well, lets go and get some time passing then.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 01, 2013, 12:03:43 pm »

what are the chances of building solar power plants and capacitors? we could use the extra power to sell to our neighbors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 01, 2013, 12:11:28 pm »

what are the chances of building solar power plants and capacitors? we could use the extra power to sell to our neighbors.

Quote from: GM
I didn't quite think things through when I set the numbers up for solar panels so I doubt anyone has any trouble powering their base. You might be able to set yourself up as a sort of truck-stop though.

Action: begin to reverse-engineer laser rifles.

And basically that, because our robots can't do anything besides collecting stuff.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
Turn 4
« Reply #178 on: September 02, 2013, 03:33:26 am »

Turn 4
The Colony: (you might want to just follow this link instead since it's a big image: http://i.imgur.com/9ayua0V.png )

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Power: 50/50(+20/-2)
You have two of the bots pull back to a safe distance so they can safely provide cover fire in case the animals attack. You have the other two forge on ahead with the purpose of getting to that distress signal. The animals make a kind of gargling sound as the robots pass and the standing one appears to get into a kind of sprinting position but the bots appear to have passed by them without major incident.

You'd like to reverse engineer a laser rifle but all the rifles are with the fire-teams. You compromise and start reverse engineering the laser pistol to refresh your memory. It's a pretty simple design, about what you expected for something so cheap. You should have it figured out and blueprints written up in about a turn.

The clones finish their research. You now have the designs for a small pump (blueprint added).

Apparently the bulb brought to the clones will eventually mature and produce an edible fruit! The more you know. Apart from that the bulb has a few other traits: It reproduces asexually either from seeds produced by it's fruit or through the expansion of it's root systems (which will eventually develop into more bulbs) and the roots are poisonous. It is likely the poisonous roots are to stop animals eating the entire bulb and not just the fruit.

The Mining Rig hits a patch of rocks and the Oil Rig hits the water-table at about 15 meters down. You could have it pump up water, dig down deeper or turn it off for a while.

(EDIT) You see that the map information came through from ROD. You doubt this is all of his information but at least it was nice of him to mark down his location, what appears to be a native village and some 'nasties' whatever those are.

Research:

Resources/Food:

Tools:

Weapons:

Robots/Clones:

Your Modules/Equipment:

Hero(s):

Glossary Posts

Spoiler: Author Notes: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 07:10:44 am by Evil Lincoln »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 02, 2013, 03:56:13 am »

((Can we get a spoiler with what facilities we have installed. I keep forgetting it.))

The mining vehicle can continue digging it's perimeter, likewise for the drilling rig.
The 2 free robots*
One of the researchers looks at how long it would take to develop AI algorithms, the other analyses that tree, or whatever else the vegetation gatherer comes up with

* Currently holding the guns, take the rocks and throw them into the cement generating machine. One of them also gathers the unmined rocks with the mining tools.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 04:02:47 am by 10ebbor10 »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35