Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35

Author Topic: Build a Colony: The Tragic tale of Rearden's Arms  (Read 45326 times)

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
Re: Build a Colony: The Tragic tale of Rearden's Arms
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2013, 07:37:13 am »

I'm just drawing all the stuff you guys bought. It's taking a while because I had things to do the past few days and today I had a massive headache.

On that note it sure would be nice if one of you modified Kaian's list to reflect ebbor's changes and reevaluate the cost.
I have 3 lists in one of my =earlierl posts. Including costs and stuff. Don't know if people were voting for those, or for my modification of Kaferians list (Which is quite flawed because I just scrapped some stuff, and didn't fill the gaps).
Oh wow I didn't even see that list.

Well then, can you guys actually decide on a list?

EDIT: The crystal reconstituter was way overpriced. Sure crystals are valuable and required for laser weapons and other fancy stuff but it doesn't need to cost quite that much.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 07:41:01 am by Evil Lincoln »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2013, 08:37:29 am »

Mainly because originally, it wasn't there. I edited in some time ago.

I'd vote for the robot edition of my suggestion, with 3 1week researchers, a hydroponics installation, and a combat walker.

Edit: Or maybe a crystal reconstitutor instead. ... Descisions, descisions.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2013, 09:46:58 am »

Vote for Ebbor's Robot edition, with another small manufacturing, perhaps a buggy, 2 rifles and 2 sets of armor thrown in.
Basically, medium manufacturing for Robots, Small Maunfacturing for small items. Even medium manufacturing for steel girder and small manufacturing for bolts so we can build steel constructions would make sense.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2013, 09:58:31 am »

There's ,IIRC, no limit on how much a manufactury can put out in one turn. As long as you have the materials, and (man) power, 1 thing can make everything.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2013, 12:03:47 pm »

There's ,IIRC, no limit on how much a manufactury can put out in one turn. As long as you have the materials, and (man) power, 1 thing can make everything.
1. But we may end up using too much energy
2. We don't know whether we have a limit, or not, and probably will.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2013, 12:43:57 pm »

1. Using 2 manufactories will use more energy than 1. After all, it's a flat rate. (1 energy per turn for small systems, 2 energy for medium systems). Besides, the robot build has plenty of back-up energy supplies. (2 solars, 1 combustible, medium capacitors.)
2. This is a reboot of the original game. No limit there.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2013, 04:24:33 pm »

So surely it'd be most effiecient (financially) to buy the biggest manufactory we can?

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2013, 10:57:01 pm »

2. This is a reboot of the original game. No limit there.
I'm putting a limit of two items a turn on it. Purely because if there isn't some limit then you could stockpile components and then make 50 robots and rifles in a single turn.

So surely it'd be most efficient (financially) to buy the biggest manufactory we can?
If you buy a small manufacturer you could build larger items in parts and then assemble them if you had a fabrication station. So the cheapest solution is to buy a small and a fabrication station but then it would take you 2+ turns so it isn't as efficient time wise.

I was going to put that in the additional information in the list but it slipped my mind.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2013, 01:51:14 am »

Isn't a fab essentially a miniature manufacturing station? I would prefer someone with manual tools like bolt fasteners and welders to assemble a mech from parts, nor its is always the best to build small rifles with a uberpowered stamping machine.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2013, 01:59:02 am »

Less, uberpowered stamping machine, more of an advanced 3d printer.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2013, 03:46:30 am »

Isn't a fab essentially a miniature manufacturing station? I would prefer someone with manual tools like bolt fasteners and welders to assemble a mech from parts, nor its is always the best to build small rifles with a uberpowered stamping machine.
A fab is a workshop basically.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2013, 03:50:37 am »

So I guess we need one of those ...

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2013, 11:19:19 am »

and there still isn't a valid reason to use a 3d printer as large as a room to print a rifle.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2013, 11:24:40 am »

and there still isn't a valid reason to use a 3d printer as large as a room to print a rifle.
And even less reason to buy a rifle sized 3d printer to print a rifle when you've already got a larger, but perfectly capable printer.

I'm fairly certain that we won't hit the 2 items/ turn limit (There're lots of turns in a day) before we have the first trade ship meeting.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35