Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]

Author Topic: Build a Colony: The Tragic tale of Rearden's Arms  (Read 45266 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Build a Colony: The Tragic tale of Rearden's Arms
« Reply #510 on: October 02, 2014, 11:02:06 am »

We have schematics for pumps, so there's no need to reverse engineer our drilling things.
As long as it can pump a large quantity of water / at a high enough velocity its fine.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 02, 2014, 04:51:05 pm »

I support Ebbor's plan.
I also suggest that after AI research is done only one clone reverse engineers tools while the other works on figuring out the things we brought back from the crash, perhaps we can take that broken anti-grav system and turn it into some sorta floating barge so we can get back there sooner.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
Turn 21
« Reply #512 on: October 05, 2014, 06:43:12 am »

Day 2 Turn 2 (Turn 21)
The Colony: (you might want to just follow this link instead since it's a big image: http://i.imgur.com/R2dIjTP.png)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You set up a bit of a production chain by having A-1, A6 and A-3 gather rocks, turn them into concrete and apply it to the embankment. You also have A-2 begin gathering wood to the west.

You also order A-7 to start shooting at fish. Since A-7 doesn't have an AI and targets things based on a preset algorithm it can't improve it's aim, it's still kind of satisfying though.

You also consider having the remaining robots preserve the meat somehow. Then you remember you have no idea how to preserve meat. The science clones confess they don't have much experience in food preparation either.

Once you've done that you start doing up blueprints for a variable energy tazer. It'll only take you two turns for one that administers the shock via launched cables but you could also design one that transfers the power wireless by ionizing a channel in the air.

1467 Credits | Power: 5/50(+19)
Research:

Resources/Food:

Tools:

Weapons:

Robots/Clones:

Your Modules/Equipment:

Hero(es):

Glossary Posts

Spoiler: Author Notes: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 06:46:47 am by Evil Lincoln »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 05, 2014, 08:12:38 am »

Well, the simplest way of preserving is smoking. Get a fire going. Hang meat strips above the fire. Profit.

We should look into fixing the anti-grav as well. If we can fix it, that will effect our future plans.

If we go for the taser, make it wireless. Then it's multiple use rather than single-target.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 05, 2014, 08:18:47 am »

Well, the simplest way of preserving is smoking. Get a fire going. Hang meat strips above the fire. Profit.

We should look into fixing the anti-grav as well. If we can fix it, that will effect our future plans.

If we go for the taser, make it wireless. Then it's multiple use rather than single-target.
I support all this.

Everybody should continue the work on what they are doing. Excluding the robot shooting fish, that one is going to smoke the meat.

Also, any creative uses for the skull?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 05, 2014, 08:55:56 am »

On a side note, our oil pump is spilling, which might be problematic. Might want to look in to that. Might want to make the fire far, far away from that.

And yes, apparently we can't do much with the meat. We could throw a chunk in the river I suppose, to make it easier for the droid to hit stuff. I mean, we don't even know if it's edible, so the only use I have for it at the moment is keeping it to burn in the furnace at night.

Our primary problem right now seems that we have a serious backlog of research. We can't do missions because we don't have a vehicle (and can't research one), we can't gather resources with everyone (because we haven't reverse engineered our tools), and we can't get credits at all because all our salespeople are researching.

As such, our first priority should be to get the AI online. However, we also need some credits as well, and we have some robots being idle. Our most lucrative opportunity, I think, at the moment, is the production and sale of electronics. The orbital depot sold those for 22 credits each, but we, if we procure the needed resources from Rod can produce them for just 2.6 credits each.

So, if we call Rod to buy 20 Greyum Ore (cost: 40), and 20 Silicon (cost: 160), while using our own plastic, we can create 100 electronics to sell. Even at an average price of 5 credits, we get 500 credits out of it.

Since we already have the materials, we can even start producing without waiting for Rod. (Though we would be required to melt or Hexite for Greyum, which means an additional loss of 10 credits.)

Barnum: Continue AI  research
Baily:  Continue AI  research
Oil rig: Continue production
Mining rig: Broaden the ditch, I guess...
A - 1: Continue applying concrete
A - 2:  Start hacking down trees to the East of our base
A - 3:  Process any gains from mining activities
A - 4:  Start smelting Hexium to Grey Ore
A - 5:  Make electronics
A - 6:  Aid in mining operations
A - 7: Do a barbecue.
Us :  Communicate with various people:
    - See if anyone here does food delivery
    - See if anyone wants to buy the butchered remains of this beast
    - Call Rod's digs for 10 Hexium, 20 Greyum and 20 Silicon. Ask if he can bring some rocks as well.
    - See if anyone is interested in electronics.

Spoiler: For the GM (last turn) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 10:04:30 am by 10ebbor10 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 05, 2014, 09:16:59 am »

What, we cant make shotgun stun shells?
Also supporting Ebbor's plan.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 09:54:22 am by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text