Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44

Author Topic: [ISG] Spectros  (Read 50779 times)

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Can't you hear the beating?
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks
Re: [ISG] Spectros
« Reply #570 on: October 28, 2013, 07:46:30 am »

Okay, just, Hey everyone. Real life stuff is taking it's grip again, a lot of things going on in my family and the like. The productivity on my end will probably drop like a sheer cliff, and as we know with the money meter, I don't really have to dedicate time to this free stuff (unless I actually start getting paid for it but you guys know how the money meter functions)... Uh, wait I got a little sidetracked...

Anyways, I can really only ask, now that a drought of updates is gonna happen, what do you guys like about Spectros? Is it fitting with what you thought it would be, or are you just happy with it in general? Are there things you don't like about it? Share some of your thoughts, if you want to.

I will catch you guys later.

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

If you enjoy my work, please view my website and also consider clicking the Patreon button! You might even be interested enough to pay me a little so I can keep living!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 28, 2013, 10:15:47 am »

I'll be honest; when i first started reading it i didn't really know what it would be.

I hadn't heard of you before, so I went into it with open expectations. Unlike, say, Ddynamo who (no offence here, Ddynamo, not personal) has rather poor writing skills. So I keep an open mind.

SGs with images in particular often suffer from a lack of updates, because it takes a lot more time typically to write and draw then just to write, so I wasn't expecting as many updates per day as Einsteinian Roulette.

I like the sort of videogame-ish elements of the UI.
The art style is cool. The writing is pretty good.

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 28, 2013, 11:06:44 pm »

I'm loving it! ^_^

And don't worry about the hiatus; we've learnt your cycle by now and know you'll be back in a few weeks at most.

And I say it's fitting what I expected almost a bit to well; you have a few VERY solid themes running through all your fiction, both stylistically and with the metaphcysical flavor of the multiverse. I've greatly enjoyed the glimpses hinting at deeper underlying laws and explanations for the attractors that seem to shape every world you write.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 29, 2013, 07:00:49 pm »

It's an amazing game.
The video gameish elements are quite interesting, and are almost reminiscent of Problem Sleuth, and the art style is great and very nicely compliments the actual mechanics and story.
Speaking of which, the story is quite well done. We have some (very) vague idea of direction, but we're still in the dark, and much of how the game works is a mystery. This is something that I've tried and failed to pull off several times, and while I'm not a very good writer, I've also seen several other people try and fail.
Overall, this game has got to be one of my favorites, and it's definitely up there with TWoOtA, in my opinion, if with a smaller scope (So far).
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 29, 2013, 08:33:21 pm »

I really like spectros.  It has the solid main mechanic of the armies that provides an outlet for our creativity, and lets us progress through our army.  We have some mysteries to pursue with the setting, but not to the point where we're too confused or unfocused.  We're not totally railroaded, but we have some idea of where to go.  And, of course, great art.  Honestly, nothing attracts me to a forum game as much as the [ISG] tag.  Really, this sort of thing is what all suggestion games should aspire to be.

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks
« Reply #575 on: November 06, 2013, 05:14:06 am »

Q: What is dex doing these days?
A: Drawing other things. Have an example:

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

If you enjoy my work, please view my website and also consider clicking the Patreon button! You might even be interested enough to pay me a little so I can keep living!

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #576 on: November 06, 2013, 06:25:30 am »

PTWing, I believe I may have had part of this early in its life, but I think ill go pack into it, Nice read, And love the homestruck format! :D
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks
« Reply #577 on: November 06, 2013, 12:09:48 pm »

Ha... Hahah, Are you serious. Okay, well, shit.

OKAY EVERYONE, I HAVE QUITE THE PROBLEM!!

It seems that due to how danish insurance works, I have just run out of money, and gone so far into the red that I cannot pay for my website anymore! Come january 2014, My site will go away, given how it goes right now!

I could be a bitch and start asking for donations, but if you really want to help you could just commission me instead. Or you could not care, I am not the boss of you.
Anyways, I just wanted to give you all a heads up.

Hahah... Jesus.

Hoooo, okay, that bullet has actually been dodged. Sorry to scare anyone who got scared. I got my dates wrong on the whole renewal thing. I still got a year for the big payment.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 12:38:40 pm by Dexexe1234 »

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 06, 2013, 12:41:19 pm »

Aren't some of the tWoOtA files stored on this site?!?!
Hurry,Flood the man with money!
(The artwork is worth saving as well)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 06, 2013, 01:48:17 pm »

That's lucky, then. Hopefully you have everything backed up in case it does go down.

As an impoverished university student, i would donate if i could.

The art you just posted looks good. Post apocalyptic, maybe?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 06, 2013, 02:31:40 pm »

I agree, or maby world of Spectros Pre-Color war?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 09, 2013, 09:00:12 pm »

That artwork is absolutely amazing. I'd love to elaborate on that point, but I'm entirely speechless.
Regardless, I would be very much willing to donate, but I don't really have any spare cash.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks
« Reply #582 on: December 25, 2013, 03:42:05 pm »

Happy Holidays everyone. Sorry for letting another story fall and die randomly. I am trying my best with what brain power I have. I have also been yelling at myself for months about "don't forget the bay12 people!"...

...I hope you all are well, and maybe willing to listen to more of my indulgent stupidity?

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: December 25, 2013, 04:10:01 pm »

Merry Christmas!

We all love to indulge in stupidity! Why do you think the rest of us act this way?

Also, you really don't need to worry about slow updates. You've given us enough wonderful material already that it would be rude to ask for more.

Not that it wouldn't be welcome; your art is incredible, after all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks
« Reply #584 on: December 25, 2013, 05:25:31 pm »

well my only real stupid thing I want to ask about is that... Goshdarnit I would really like to build a game, any kind of game, even a teeny tiny one, but I am a fucking idiot at coding.

I am even willing to pay for the coders participation in the creation, with real money to booth! I don't have much, but I have so few dreams left...

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44