Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36

Author Topic: Ye Arr a Pirate  (Read 36302 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Arr a Pirate
« Reply #285 on: September 20, 2013, 12:27:41 pm »

I think I be doin' a short update, not waitin fer' the rest o' ye this turn. Ye'll be wantin actions fer the next one, but this 'un be very brief.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 20, 2013, 12:30:47 pm »

If that's what ye want, god.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 20, 2013, 02:01:30 pm »

Sound'ae good!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 20, 2013, 03:34:00 pm »

Turn 8 1/2 - Derelict Found

I be tryin' somethin' new in honor o' yesterday, as it be a short update...

Bah. I'd be angry if I didn't just neay die. Climb up the rope, then use my knowledge as a carpenter to scramble back aboard. Missing an ear, full of splinters, and rather pissed. Piratey enough?
Arr ye've had one hell o' a night! Cold, wet, salty, injured, splintery, ye be right bloody furious! Well, the only thing ta do is get back aboard. (4) Fumbling an' cursin' like a man with a fishhook in his ear, ye untie yer waist from th' Ballista and start haulin yerself up its line.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0s2mDPyyrc8

Arr, Lalasa, me good matey! Go out 'n parrlay if'n need be. I be studyin' me charts, Timmy in hand. P'raps there be some reference point I c'n find.
Ye'll take a gander at that otharr ship in a moment, but right now ye've got ter check yer maps, havin slept on the puzzle o' navigat'n an' gained mornin' insight. (5) Hmm, ye need a reference point? Well, shiver yer timbers! O'course! Ye were just somewhere yesterday! The Seedy Isle, in the Questionable Archipelago, a cluster o' wee islands off the coast o'... Ahoy! Ye know where ye arr!

The world be: Round
So, co-ord's be based on...
...Lattitude: Equatorial
...Hemisphere: Western

Now, about that Derelict...
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0POuy8E3xYy

Git ready fer any damage the ship may take, it may be scurvy blackguards lookin to ambush us
Ye don't trust this at'all, fer all ye know they may just be waitin' till ye get close to pop the hatches an' hold ye up. Well, yer as ready as ye'll ever be. Let 'em try to sink ye!
http://vocaroo.com/i/s02lOYN5wQex

I be locking the cook in his cabin, and looking around inside the birds chest, to make sure it's alright.
I also hand me bird willin'ly o'er to the doctorr.  Charrles be lookin' rather oddly thare, so hopefully he be fine.
Ye tell Lyle he best stay in 'is room fer the duration o' his illness; there be few things more botherin' than havin' the sniffles at sea, so ye be needin to keep the rest o' the crew clean.

The Diplomat hands o'er her bird, who seems to be goin' bloody mad at the sight of th' other ship. "SHIT SHIT SHIT!" 'e squawks! Seems to calm down as ye take 'im withindoors, though, and ye decide to take another look at 'im. (3) First ye take a listen, pressin' yer ear to the bird. Ye can't seem to hear a beat, but it could be all th' feathers in the way. Hmm, ye're not to sure what's wrong w' him, humans bein' yer field o' expertise, but best guess 'is heart be injured some'ow. Maybe 'is little outbursts be caused by little cardiac arrests?
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0CdlafK1XUC

Use me fishn' pole to reel in that there wreak closer! I bet there be booty aboard!
(6) Ye cast the line, and it catches on th' rail, pullin' taut! Ye begin to reel, but the line snaps! Well, what did ye expect? It be an entire bloody ship!

'tis then that ye hear a Colonial accent a' cursin' an' sputtr'in behind ye. "ALRIGHT! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL! You've had your fun, now this time take me seriously!"

"ARR!? How in the hells did ye get back aboard? Ye s'posed ter be drown'd!"

"With my ship-grappling BALLISTA, of course!"

"Ship-grapplin' ye say?" Ye dash across and look o'er the other side o' the ship. Sure enough, it be tharr, hanging by a big line an' bobbing in the water. Runnin' down ta the gun deck, ye unhook it and start pullin' the rope in, until with a great heave ye squeeze it through th' gun hatch. After haulin' it in ter place an' reelin' the grapple back in, ye fire at the other ship! CRACK! The grapple punches through the side just 'neath the deck, gettin' good an' stuck!

Which might be a problem, if ye need to cast away from the wreck in a hurry...
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1jaFRgRjdvp

I pr'pare meself to do dealin's and such with whatever crew thare may be on thee otherr ship.  Seem t'be real empty, that boat.
(3) It be a bit early in the mornin' fer yer best parlay, and ye be short one bird, but at least yer arrmed if it all goes ta hell.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1ysDC5bLlRl

Change o' plans. Haul 'im up an' toss 'im on the derelict. If 'e comes back I'll let 'im live.

Emergin' from yer cabbin, ye see a certain loony. Well, this be perfect! Just who ye need fer' an advance parrty!

A few minutes later, he's got a rifle an' tightropes 'is way 'cross to th'other boat. Hmm, walks the rope like a true sailor, p'raps ye judged 'im too harshly. Ye decide to keep 'im if he comes back breathin'.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1ZOt0S4nvuA

Mr. Runeworth, ye reach th'other deck to find it indeed be empty above. After a few steps, ye see that not only be the sails missin' but the helm as well, wheel an' all! Nothin' but a splintered base to mark it. Could 'ave been a cannonball, ye suppose, but none o' the rest o' the ship shows signs of takin' fire. There be long scratch marks all ovarr, though, all of 'em in groups of four. Like someone draggin' their fingernails. Ye approach the door ter the cabin. There be a big bloodstain reachin' f'rm under th' door. Well, that be right suspicious, so ye cock the hammer back on th' flintlock. Click.

At the sound, noises suddenly begin stirrin' within the ship. Behind ye' ye hear something poundin an' scrapin' on th' hatch frm below! Ye turn around just in time ter see the hatch break open, and things come crawlin' out!

Big dog-rat-man things!
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1WB7eF6UpUZ

Capn', don't be forgetting about yer NPC crew! If ye give 'em orders, they'll try an' follow em, each group rollin' fer results. Right now ye've got only one group, but don't be forgettin' em!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 20, 2013, 03:46:45 pm »

(Seems to forget his piratey) "OH SWEET JESUS!" Fire the musket at the closest one, run over to the rope and scramble back along it. Scream to squidgen, "CUT IT THE MOMENT I GET ABOARD. THERE BE ZOMBIE RATDOGS ON THAT THERE BOAT. IT BE POSSESSED BY TH' KRAK'N ITSELF!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 20, 2013, 05:03:54 pm »

HELLS BLAZES! GET OUT O' THARR! GUNNERS, CUT 'ER LOOSE AN' SET 'ER ABLAZE! PREPARE YE'RE RIFLES IN CASE THEY TRY T' SWIM!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 20, 2013, 05:29:18 pm »

Don't forget to specify yer own action, in addition to yer orders!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 20, 2013, 05:33:43 pm »

Why, I be grabbin' me armaments an' defendin' the boarding line, o' course.

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 20, 2013, 05:40:16 pm »

Arr! Fix me fishn' pole an use it fee pullin of bits o' the ratdogpeople! Shoot/stab anythin that gets to close with me pistolcutlass.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 20, 2013, 07:50:32 pm »

I be stayin' back and stabbin' any bilge rat that comes close!
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 20, 2013, 07:54:26 pm »

Continue bein' locked up in my room.
Sniffle a little.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 09:05:34 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 21, 2013, 04:57:31 am »

Continue be'n ready
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 22, 2013, 12:36:32 am »

Arr, keep it comin'! I count 6 of ye, still be needin' Lalassa, KJ, an' Scelly!

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 22, 2013, 05:39:44 pm »

And it did rea'ly go t' hell too.  Ugly rat-dog-man critters that seem t' be a bit too savage t' discuss peace terrms with.

If one o' them creeps find their way t' the ship, I'll cut 'im with me scimitarrr.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 23, 2013, 07:12:48 pm »

Light em up. Have the NPCs do the same.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36