Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36

Author Topic: Ye Arr a Pirate  (Read 36316 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Arr a Pirate
« Reply #255 on: September 08, 2013, 09:17:38 am »

YOU FILTHY BILGE RAT! ME CREWMATES ARE NOT LANDLUBBERS.

My Ingame Character is not a bilge rat  8) Try again.
Au contraire, ye scurvy rat.

How did you KNOW?! XD
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 17, 2013, 03:14:29 pm »

Since there be not much happenin' in this adventure right now anyways, I suppose ye don't actually need ev'ryone to post actions this turn. I be puttin' one together quite soon, lads!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 17, 2013, 07:09:12 pm »

Turn 7 - On the Seas

Yar! Go make sure the slobs that are called the crew are workin'! Punish the ones who aren't doin' they're jobs!
(4) Ye get them lazy scunners back ter work! Not like the ship was goin' anywhere in particular, what with the Capn' not chartin' a course yet, but damn if ye won't let this fine ship's boards look sullied!

arrr, practice with me rifle instead, yarr
Well, a knife's fine and all, but ye'd feel better startin' the battle with somethin' a bit bigger. (5) Ye have to argue with ol' Scelly to let ye practice firin' on the ship, but after a few shots ye realize ye've got great natural talent wi' a rifle!

Bring out the instruments o' torture, n' begin the interrogation.
Yer trusty Diplomat an' Cook bring the scragly-lookin' man 'afore ye and tell their story. Well, ye'd been considerin' lettin' him stay, but ye can't abide with this untrustworthy runnin' off an' skulkin' an' buildin' sabotagerous-lookin' contraptions. It be time, ye thinks, to get an explaination, an' yer going ter make sure it be an honest one! (5) 'Sides, he must be punished fer attackin' the crew...
Sit still and take it like a man.
(5 vs 3) The Capn' takes out a big boardin' axe, and starts beatin' ye with the haft. Ye stay steady fer a whole minute, tryin' to sort out yer explaination fer when he's done, but after a while ye just can't take it any more. Ye demand the Capn' fight ye fairly, one on one!

In that case, truss 'im 'n toss 'im.
Aye supporrt throwin' 'im overboarrd.  This ain't no pirate, he be a scurvy landlubber.
Toss 'im o'erboard! Bloody landlubbers!
Break free and run to my ballista. Come after me. I dare you.
(5+6+6 vs 4) Unfortunately, ye've just convinced the entire crew that yer uncooperative. Thinkin' quickly, ye manage to duck 'neath the grabbin arms an' run back down the hatch, passin' the Gunn'ry Officer once more. Ye manage to climb onto yer weapon and load it, then quickly tie yer arm to it. "FOOLS! If you want to toss me, you'll have to cut me loose first!"

(1) The Capn' is only intimidat'd by yer device fer a moment, then he leaps forth an' broadsides ye in the noggin with th' haft o' his axe. The Diplomat and the newly minted Gangmaster, him feelin' a bit overzealous, grab on the base o' the weapon and hoist it up, ye along with it, and carry ye abovedecks. It might be a waste to throw such a chunk o' materiel in th' drink, but right now they not be thinkin' of it. Ye pass out just before they heave ye.

(Roll to dodge! = 3) Fortunately, it turns out yer contrapt'n floats, an' ye can still fire it. Without them seeing, ye shoot a grapplin' bolt up an' it catches one o' the cannon hatches. Ye've got no way to get back aboard, though, but at least yer not gettin' left behind.

Be lookin fer a fishn pole o something, to catch th squid with. I cant be first mate squidbeard without squids in me beard!
Ye cast out a line, not the best thing to catch squid with but it be all ye could find at th' moment. (1) Despite not e'en baitin' the hook, ye feel somethin' on th' end! Much to yer suprise, and disappointment, ye find only a large chunk o' bloody human ear when ye reel it in, an' hear much cursin' frm' down in the water.

Well, it not be squid season 'round the Seedy Isle, an' yer still not too far frm' there. Pr'aps better luck after a few more leagues?

I be inspectorin' all the crew medically to see if any of them are sick, or have other injuries.
(6) With e'eryone else not havin' much to do, the Capn' let's ye spend the rest o' the day with inspectin' the crew. The crew seemed a bit unhappy with how thorough ye arr, makin' em stand naked an every'thing, but what do they know 'bout Medicine?
-(5) Not surprisinly, the Capn's not only right as rum, but one o' the most physically impressive specimens ye've seen.
-(2) Nothin' seems wrong w' Quartermaster KJ, though ye can't be too sure, 'aving ne'er treated a Hermaphrodite before.
-(6) Scelly was afraid o' gettin' scurvy, but on hearin' the clean bill o' health, the Gunn'ry Officer jumped fer joy. Prompt'ly knockin' er head on the ceilin'.
-(6) The lady Lalassa's fine, but she demands ye inspect her bird, too:
-(1) Ye can't quite explain it, but somehow the bird not be right. That great ruddy scar on 'is chest f'rinstance, looks like somethin' could'rve scooped out 'is ribcage, yet it can't be, as the bird lives. Yet Charles acts a bit odd, too, sort of shufflin' an nervous, an' clingin' to whoever be handlin' him fer dear life, except fer 'is little bursts o daft frenzy.
-(6) Bah! Ye know yer fine, why bother checkin'?
-(1) Bloody 'ell Lyle, the dratted Cook, has got the signs o' Influenza! W'out some care, the rest o' the crew be comin' down with the 'flu soon!
-(4) Gunyarr be alright.
-(5) And 'is 4 Gunner mates probably 'ad milit'ry trainin'.

Well, t'was a busy first day o' Adventure! After a long mornin' o' shoppin', and excitin' escape, and afternoon featurin' some solid work, a big scuffle, and a whole evenin' o' Medical examinat'n, ye all feel like a good helpin' o yer newly salted pork!

Total food: 180-14=166

And with that, ye turn in fer the night, the Gunnyar & the Gunn'ry boys takin' watch shifts in the crow's nest. The Capn' thinks on 'is charts, maps, an' the treasure map riddles, decidin' ter sleep on it so he can come up with a course in the Mornin'

DAWN O' DAY 2

Gunyarr wakes ye all up early in the mornin - there be another ship! She looks ter be driftin' aimlessly, the sails missin' an' not a soul visible on deck. Arr, looks like a derelict!

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 07:11:41 pm by HugoLuman »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #258 on: September 17, 2013, 07:11:59 pm »

Out.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 17, 2013, 07:13:42 pm »

Out.

Arr, I'm afraid I don't understand what ye mean! Ye'll have to clarify.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #260 on: September 17, 2013, 07:14:36 pm »

I quit! I resign! No time! D:

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 17, 2013, 07:15:50 pm »

If that's how ye feel. An NPC ye'll be, until ye ever want 'ter resume.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 17, 2013, 07:21:34 pm »

Bah. I'd be angry if I didn't just neay die. Climb up the rope, then use my knowledge as a carpenter to scramble back aboard. Missing an ear, full of splinters, and rather pissed. Piratey enough? (Sorry for not pirate talk, but cant be bothered on my mobile.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 17, 2013, 07:22:40 pm »

As I said 'afore, I'm allowin' ye can be the single exception ter that rule.

Oh, and don't forget ye spent th' whole night floatin' there in the water. I'd wager ye'r downright double-pissed.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 07:24:36 pm by HugoLuman »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 17, 2013, 07:36:02 pm »

Arr, Lalasa, me good matey! Go out 'n parrlay if'n need be. I be studyin' me charts, Timmy in hand. P'raps there be some reference point I c'n find.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 18, 2013, 12:39:51 am »

"Pardon me capn', but what ye mean by 'parrlay?'"

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 18, 2013, 02:00:09 am »

Git ready fer any damage the ship may take, it may be scurvy blackguards lookin to ambush us
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 18, 2013, 05:26:55 am »

"Pardon me capn', but what ye mean by 'parrlay?'"
Well, thar might be crew on that thar ship. If so, we'll be needin' t' get information from them.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 18, 2013, 05:57:33 am »

You are reminded by my presence by- AAAAAGH THE PAIN. WELL... DAMN YOU. I'M COMING UP.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 18, 2013, 10:11:34 am »

I be locking the cook in his cabin, and looking around inside the birds chest, to make sure it's alright.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36