Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36

Author Topic: Ye Arr a Pirate  (Read 36259 times)

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Arr a Pirate
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2013, 09:21:09 pm »

Lalasa be a fine lady o'course!

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2013, 09:35:01 pm »

Aye,first mate Squidbeard be a man.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2013, 03:08:20 pm »

((Sorry, was camping.))

Supervise the installation of the cannons, survey gunpowder and shot reserves.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2013, 07:06:12 pm »

Arr, thank ye, and in that case preparrr fer a spectacularr update!

Oh, and specify yer gender. We're bein' premptive against embarassing problems.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2013, 08:51:05 pm »

Ummmmm. Let's saaaayyy, looks male, but is not.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2013, 09:00:50 pm »

"Yarr! This be bloody boring!" Screams a gunnerie NPC. Above his head, it flickers into (Coolrune206) He rushes over to the cap'n "Ho there cap'n, May I be aprrrrenticed to the wolfchild? (Carpenters apprentice, please)

(If I get carpenter's apprentice)Make a decently sized rrrrowboat, fer the safety (Snicker) of the crewww... Arr...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:02:29 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2013, 10:34:00 pm »

As we be in port, ye needn't join from the unclaimed cast, if'n ye don't want ter.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2013, 10:52:27 pm »

Okay, Cap'n- I mean, gm

A strange man approaches, with a slightly burly man on a leash next to him. He offers the man to the captain, calling him a lunatic. As soon as the captain accepts, the stranger dashes off. The captain takes the man off his chain. The man starts gushing, saying he was acting as a lunatic to be freed. He then says he wants to make things, and asks if he can be an apprentice to the carpenter?
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2013, 11:05:51 pm »

Arr, the cap'n be none too 'preciatin' of ye tellin' the cap'n what he be doin'. The cap'n won't be acceptin' strange men without bein' convinced o' their bein' worthwhile, 'specially when on a leash. That be good business practice.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2013, 05:59:49 pm »

Turn 4 - Preparing for... Eh, what!?

"These be some pretty nice pistols, ingorin' the fact that I got 'em offa dead sailor.."
Head to the ship, taking a long route.
Figurin' yer as ready as yer ever going ter be, ye head back ter the ship ter await settin' sail. Along the way, (5) ye find a bag o' shot fer yer pistols.

Buy the cane sword. Yarr, I be the most dapper Pirate this side the Spanish main with that! Also get some food fer my land lubbers I call allies.
(6) With yer dapper presence, ye swagger inter the nearest grocer's and demand as much food as half yer money will get. It was actually a bakery, so ye got 4 barrels o' pies.

Arrr, did I grab the loot from before? If not, go get those cheap supplies before someone else grabs them! Otherwise, try and find a dove t' be me avian assistant.

EDIT: Make aye I have a table suitable for lyin' me fellow pirates on while I be treatin' them. If I don't be havin' a table, find one before we ship off!

Havin' already got the charcoal an' bandages an' such fr'm earlier, ye check fer a table (4) and arr glad ter find one. With some extra coin saved by yer "money free shoppin", ye decide ter go lookin' fer a dove. (4) Some old bag said she already sold 'er last bird, but ye weren't even askin' her and found a dove fer sale anyways.

Claim the best musket fer meself, 'n get down to sharpenin' ol'  Timmy.
(5) In 15 minutes 'er so, ye put an edge yer axe as fine as the day ye got 'im.

Get a blade of some kind,"aquire"the tar
Knife in hand, ye go huntin' fer some tar. (1) At the back o' some manor lookin' place, ye find a wide, cobbled yard full o' all manner of goods. By smell ye find tar, many barrels of it tied togetharr, and cut one loose. As ye begin to pull it away, a head pops out a window, and ye make eye contact. There only be one manor on this isle, and this may be a seedy port, but the Mayor sure takes exception to bein' robbed. (Roll to Dodge! = 6) With no time ta think, ye jump upon the barrel an' begin rollin' it out as if the fires of Hell were after ye! Actually, it be the Mayor's mercenary guards, but close enough.

A fine seafarin' bird like this one deserrrves a suitable name.  But ain't an fightin' bird, he be a diplomat.  An' any good diplomatic bird deserrrves a suave name.  Ah name me new pet Charles, then head off t' find some suitable food supplies fer me bird and me crew.

"Wonder if ye can say anythin' more.  What did that lady teach ye?"
"Charles! Yep! Charles! Lady Sunnuvabitch!"

Hmm. Seems ter say that word whenever that lady be mentioned. Obviously the old bag 'as a sense o' humor. Anyways, with Charles in tow, ye go out fer supplies once more, (4) Findin' a goodly sack of bird seed and (2) nothin' else.

Suddenly, the town alarm bell be a-ringin'!

Try to trade th' booze fer some useful seafarin' items.
In appraisin, (5) ye find yer grog be a fine vintige rum indeed, and arr ideed sad ter part with it, but it's worth 2 barrels o' meat biscuits an' 1 barrel o' salt. As ye make yer purchase an' the barrels get hauled back ter the ship, ye hear the town alarm ringin' and see yer crewmate come screamin' down the street atop a barrel! Well, looks like it be time ter scram!

Supervise the installation of the cannons, survey gunpowder and shot reserves.
Gunpowder an' shot stores be full nearly to burstin', lighten'd somewhat by recent trade.

(1) As ye and the gunnery-men work of gettin' the cannons fitted and placed, the town alarm sounds! Ye spring ter the deck just in time ta see Wolfchild come rollin' aboard atop a barrel at breakneck speed, loosin' her footing and flyin' face-first into the mast. She's followed by the First Mate at a dead run and the Diplomat, sprintin with a bag o' birdseed under her arm and a bird on her shoulder squakin' "SHIT! SHIT! SHIT!"

Well, evidently it be time to flee! The Cap'n, not knowing whether it be flood, fire, or the Navy, shouts that it be time to set sail, and quick! Ye jump ter work, weighin' anchor and raisin sails. As the ship slides out to sea, the Cap'n realizes the apparent lunatic he was just interviewin' is still aboard...

Aye, the dice say it be time to set sail! Hopefully yer well prepared.

Wolfchild not be pictur'd, as she be unconscious.
DISCLAIMARR: Ye be drawn only as was most convenient. I not be dictatin' yer appearance to ye. Also, yer equipment in this picture that ain't mentioned in the thread might not correspond to yer actual equipment.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 10:24:55 pm by HugoLuman »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2013, 06:09:01 pm »

Yarr! Using me expert motivational skills encourage Wolfchild to wake up.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2013, 06:13:30 pm »

I assume I be t' dapper gentleman on t' far left,  aye?

I be slapping wolfchild awake, and then head aft t' t' medical bay, also known as t' room with t' table covered in medical supplies and rum, and get ready t' receive any wounded created durin' our escape.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 06:17:05 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2013, 06:15:14 pm »

Actually I have a cape! That means that I'm right under the cap'n (Hehe) in terms of daperness.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2013, 06:22:13 pm »

Try to lose them in an alleyway, get barrel to ship
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 19, 2013, 06:24:29 pm »

You're passed out on the ship mate.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36