Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36

Author Topic: Ye Arr a Pirate  (Read 36293 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Arr a Pirate
« Reply #195 on: September 01, 2013, 03:56:19 pm »

Last update two days ago? NO!!! THIS. CAN'T. DIE.
Bloody landlubbers! It'll be the plank fer you soon as the rest o' the mates get their heads out of the sea!

I'm working on a large weapon that fires a large piercing arrow to either grab ships, pull aboard whales, or beleaguer hostiles... You REALLY want to mess with me?
Ye damnable stowaway! It'll be ol' Timmy or the plank afore I'm through with ye.
((As I said, ye probably don't want t' be spotted, lest we kill ye.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #196 on: September 01, 2013, 03:57:32 pm »

There ye go agin'! I ain't threatenin' yeh mate, BUT KEEP YER TALK PIRATEY LIKE THE BOSS MAN SAYS.

-All ye actions and posts must be in Pirate Talk. Even yer out-of-character discussion. Remember: Bold ye actions so I may spy them betterrr.

Lordy above giv' me poor 'eart strength! Watch out for them other boyos though, yew won't fin' em' so nice as yer dear ol' Gunnyarr!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 01, 2013, 03:57:58 pm »

And I CAN swim... If you try to practice surgery on me I'll just hop out one of the cannon-holes

Edit- Oh.. Uhh... yeah... I'm a LANDLUBBBERRRR..... I MIGHT occasionally speak, th' crezeh t'lk, b't us'lly it be piratey I be speak'n.

Also, me act'n be...

Grab me a c'tl'ss, and f'nsh the d'mn pr'ject! I's showin'  dem! I's showin' dem ALL!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 04:00:57 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #198 on: September 01, 2013, 03:59:22 pm »

*faceyarrgh!*

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 01, 2013, 03:59:41 pm »

And I CAN swim... If you try to practice surgery on me I'll just hop out one of the cannon-holes
Oh, matey, rest assured I won't be the only one with ye. I be needin' me diplomat fer this job.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 01, 2013, 04:01:57 pm »

"Diplomat be reportin' fer duty, sir!"

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 01, 2013, 04:07:06 pm »

Arr, be ready t' bring out ye implements o' convincing, mate.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 01, 2013, 04:07:46 pm »

Arr, be ready t' bring out ye implements o' convincing, mate.

I be havin' a ballista, cap'n. You need no other implements o' convincin' then to threat'n to destroy 'n artifac'.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 01, 2013, 04:08:22 pm »

If you find that stowaway, I'll be giving you all a free anatomy lesson!
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 01, 2013, 04:26:13 pm »

"Hear dat Charles?  Yer gonna have to be a convincing lil' fellow now.  Watch ye expert do it!"

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #205 on: September 01, 2013, 04:26:20 pm »

Bloody 'ell.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 01, 2013, 04:30:31 pm »

"Now, where would that loopy bloke be?"
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 01, 2013, 08:02:10 pm »

Update ho! It be approachin' aftwise! Let's see what the dice have in store fer ye!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 01, 2013, 11:09:30 pm »

Turn 6 -

Arr, I be trustin' me subarrdinates in their tasks. I be needin' t' retreat t' me cabin 'n examine me maps. What good is a ship if'n we don't have a course charted?
Now that the voyage be under way, ye go te yer cabin to consult yer charts, have a look at the treasure map, an' plot a course. (1)
Spoiler: Charts (click to show/hide)
...that can't be right.

Well, the treasure map itself be showin' an island that one could loosely say be in the shape o' some kind o six-fingarr'd, deformed hand. No scale, no co-ordinates. Just an arrow markin' the spot. Presumably the author o' this map assumed he'd know where be this island in all the seas, an' just needed 'elp rememrin' where on the isle the treasure be.

Luckily, he did leave some kind o' riddle fer findin' the land itself:
"Where East becomes West, and the sun goes to rest, in the North be a land, untouched by men of learning. Here do dark stones stand, and the pools for blood and flesh be yearning. Only if they had a map would men venture to this lonely trap."

F'nish this creat'n...
(3)Well, she's as ready as she'll ever be with the ammount o' time ye have. Or "it", accordin' te yer scientific mind. "I'LL SHOW THEM ALL!!!" ye cackle.

'Tempt to find 'that loopy bastard', aye.
"Aye, cap'n!  You heard 'im Charles.  Time to find ye new drinkin' buddy."
Look for the loony 'murican man.
(6+5 vs 6) Followin' the sound of mad cacklin', ye come across the loon in th' hold, standin' proudly next t' some kind o' medieval-lookin' contrapt'n. "I've done it!" he shouts, "Now with this, you-"

"Follow us or DIE, ye crazed salt-swiggin' slug!"

This makes 'is face darken, an he screams "TASTE MY GENIUS!" With a kick, he snaps a latch open and a great big blur flies t'wards Lyle, takin' his hat right from his head. He draws his two pistols, but then ye step in.

"Right! That's enough, Fox. Let a Diplomat handle this." Ye turn to the apparent loon. "Ye be needin' ta speak w' the Cap'n. I'm sure he'll find some use fer ye, so why don't ye come w' us, before ye do somethin' that forces us to kill ye?"

"Sunnuvabitch!" squawks the bird (2)

"That's enough out of ye, Charles."

...and g've the cap'n a reas'n to spare me life!

Aye, not makin' enemies with the people yer confined to a boat with seems like the logic'l thing ta do. Ye come quietly.

Get someone to preserve the bleedin' pork!
Remembrin' that seawater has salt innit, haul some aboard to... Erm, evaporate was it? Then we be gettin' salt fer our pork!
I be helpin' to salt tha' pork.
(5) Usin' just half the barrel o' salt, ye manage to salt the pork 'right thoroughly. However, ye haven't anythin to put so much seawater in, so any kind o' settlin' or distillin' will have to wait.

Pratice with me cutlass YAR!
May as well be practicin' yer fightin' skills fer when the time comes, so (1) you draw yer cutlass and discover it never had a blade in the first place. Well, at least ye have the knife that ye used t' cut loose the barrels, so ye practice with that. (3) Ye begin feelin' a wee bit moarrr confident about yer chances in a fight.

YARGH! Get those lazy gunnyarrs to work drillin' and practicin' their loadin' n' sightin'!
(6) The lads be wonderin' why ye've suddenly decided ye outrank them, even though yer one of them, but so loud was yer bellowin' that they get to drillin', though they've got a mind to report ye for insubordination. Well, ye might want ter 'ave a word with the captain, explain yerself and this position ye want.

Looks like the Capn' be nearly ready to plot 'is course! Aye, time to be thinkin' in terms of Navigation! Courses be plotted in such broad terms as North, South, East, West, Tropics, Doldrums; or such narrow terms as specific places. Use yer mind! and if ye can remember where ye put them, yer tools an' instruments.

Spoiler: status (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 01, 2013, 11:14:58 pm »

Yar! Go make sure the slobs that are called the crew are workin'! Punish the ones who aren't doin' they're jobs!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36