Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: weapon equipted ?  (Read 745 times)

Prester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
weapon equipted ?
« on: August 12, 2013, 03:11:24 pm »

hey guys

how do i see what equipment one of my dwarfs has ?
atm my only way to check is by ordering his exact equipment via the military window. but there got to be another way to look at a dwarfs equipment :-/ ?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: weapon equipted ?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 03:16:45 pm »

(v) to go to (v)iew mode, select the right dwarf by going close enough, pressing v again iirc to switch if there is more than one on a tile, and (i) to check the inventory
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 03:18:56 pm »

Center to them in u list and then i to see their equipped inventory. Use v if you're just looking around without using unit list. In both case, if dwarves are stacked or equally close to cursor, v can switch between them.

If you mean the military screen, in equipment screen, hit shift-p and you can see what's been assigned ( doesn't means they will actually have it on them, though ).

Prester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 04:09:27 pm »

thanks gus :-)

another problem:

my crossbowman should attack invading minotaurus. but they went in and attacked in melee!

now checking ztheir itzems they all have chrossbow and quiver ... :-/
do i need to set my archer squad to archery somewhere?
or do i select "carry ammunition" somewhere? i have 10000xx bolts in their archery training barrack and sometimes they shoot at my archery target ... :-?

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 12:11:19 am »

thanks gus :-)

another problem:

my crossbowman should attack invading minotaurus. but they went in and attacked in melee!

now checking ztheir itzems they all have chrossbow and quiver ... :-/
do i need to set my archer squad to archery somewhere?
or do i select "carry ammunition" somewhere? i have 10000xx bolts in their archery training barrack and sometimes they shoot at my archery target ... :-?

Basically this means they haven't had any ammunition. Go to the military screen and press f to assign them ammunition. It's also a good idea to block any access to the enemies to stop your marksdwarves from charging when they have no more ammo.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 02:25:31 am »

always keep in mind that dwarven stupidity runs deep and if there is something stupid that can be done, it will be done, so you need to force them into doing the 'right' thing
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.