Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Bloodlines - IC Thread  (Read 3553 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodlines - IC Thread
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2013, 03:13:02 am »

"Yes, though I'm just admiring the quality and design of the weapons." She snaps the breach shut and lightly lays it back to it's original position before turning to face Kyle. "Do you take orders for customized weapons?"

"I presume you're referring to the Agaean civil war? Well, Itova's government isn't going to get involved in it, at least, not directly anyway. Though that being said... there is a job that you may be interested in... you see... there's this automated shipment of stock being transferred out... nothing important, just cotton buds, shampoo and condoms... well anyway, 'security' is apparently a concern, so... they'll need a squad of four stationed there to defend it until it exits Itovian airspace in which it's 'safety' is no longer our problem. Your squad would need to check up on any unidentified vessel near it, in case pirates want to steal the products... well it's a rather simple job really, except, well... there's this tiny little 'error' in the guidance code in these vessels. And 'strangely' they seem to make the ships home in on smuggler ships; illegal transports that supply weapons to either faction of that civil war. Well, I guess if that happens, which is 'unlikely', you'll probably have to engage in combat against them. And confiscate all the contents of their airship. 'If' you just 'happen' to encounter one, they're likely to be comprised of mainly of infantry though with some flight capable constructs. Interested?"
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 11:46:21 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2013, 05:40:32 am »

" I'll take it, whats in it for me? "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2013, 08:34:58 am »

"Of course. I can take your order if you would just go up to the front and fill out an order form."
Kyle points to a small stack of papers on the counter.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2013, 12:00:09 pm »

"A couple thousand dollars. It's a basic 'protection' job after all. But they'll always pay more. Much more 'if' you encounter hostiles and what not. I'd estimate it at approximately $40,000 for half a day of work. That's around the base, if it gets more complicated, you can expect your payment to scale up a bit more."

"Okay..." She walks up to the counter and takes an order form before writing down her specifications.
It seems she has a rather expensive, odd taste in weaponry: her order form specifies a design of extreme quality with high potential difference and current. Furthermore, it requires the use of an unconventional linear breach design that horizontally spreads apart the back of the weapon to reload rather than just flipping the barrel and firing chamber area around a hinge. Finally the weapon unit needs to have it's rails horizontally placed rather than vertically. She orders two.

((Remember how I said custom weapons might cost a lot? This? It's at least $50,000 per unit since it requires a custom made firing mechanism that generates that much voltages and amplitude and accepts the higher magical input required to achieve that. The rail change isn't too much of a problem but the unique loading mechanism will be very idiosyncratic and needs to be made from scratch. Plus the whole thing needs to be made out of very high-grade materials.))
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 12:02:20 pm by Empiricist »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2013, 12:51:57 pm »

Where do we meet the ships?
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2013, 01:35:11 pm »

"They'll be launched from the main commercial airship port at midday tomorrow, you can't miss it, it's the only automated transport that will be there that hour. Just show up and give them you credentials. I've already registered you. Bring any three of your employees as you wish. Any more and it will seem a bit suspicious for the transport to have that many guards. Any other questions?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2013, 01:41:35 pm »

Kyle goes over to the counter and looks over the form and sighs before writing on the side of it $55,000. He sits at the counter and pulls out a paper which he starts making blueprints for the gun on.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2013, 01:59:07 pm »

Nodding briefly Laurence turned and walked outside before grabbing 103 of his pack.

100 of you follow us on the ground, if anything attacks us then feel free to join the fun.

Go to the ship with 3 of the pack, have 100 more follow us on the ground.

Caine's law.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2013, 02:15:11 pm »

((I'll just let @KJ describe how Kyle goes about designing it.))

((A pack of grey wolves consists of 1-3 families of about 5-11 wolves each. I'll just assume that Laurence's group has 33 in total (the max value). Otherwise it's less of a pack and more of an impracticable clusterfuck.))
Laurence's squad acts a vanguard for twenty nine more units that followed behind them. They quickly arrive at the port, it's a series of spectacular free-floating platforms with varied airships docked on each one. The airships that will be launched soon are outside, while the others have their platforms float beneath the plate.
The individual platforms are rounded and have a gentle curve to them with their airship resting in a slight crater-like depression in the unit. Maintenance personnel and transport constructs tend to their duties aboard the large, aerial ships. Levitation enchantments were resupplied with magic while engines where carefully checked for any imperfection. The open air decks are sporadically littered with crew members and the various paraphernalia they bought with them.
Well... it's currently still relatively early in the morning and the job won't even commence until tomorrow at noon. So the pack sort of just stands there while a few administrative staff glance quizzically at them.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2013, 02:32:42 pm »

(( Well we used to be humam, but no matter just means I have lots of packs. I can use packs instead of squads. ))
Caine's law.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2013, 02:40:44 pm »

((But why would there be over a hundred mercenaries? It's a bit odd to have that many considering most battles fought in this setting are more similar to modern IRL battles than anything archaic. Having a hundred units is more of a liability than anything since it's hard to be stealthy with that many people, it's hard to keep supplied due to the amount of food required and having that many units in combat is just going to result in clusters forming which is rather bad since explosives attacks aren't uncommon and dissolution spears can hit multiple targets simultaneously.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2013, 02:47:13 pm »

(( True but they were just a bandit town in a forest until recently. But I plan to use them in small groups not as 1 army. 2-3 packs max if I get a really big job. ))
Caine's law.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2013, 02:50:01 pm »

((Yeah most military groups, even bandits don't act in numbers that large since their armors have echo signatures. Not much of a problem in small groups, but once you have a hundred or so, echosight can start picking them up from quite a long range which is a bit of problem considering that artillery exists in this setting.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2013, 02:56:34 pm »

(( I figured as much, I'll keep them spread out to avoid it but I shouldn't need big groups much. ))
Caine's law.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2013, 03:00:08 pm »

((Okay, that's fine. Otherwise I'll have to roll a crapton of dice XD))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5