Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: In the Shadow of the Dragons IC Thread (Fantasy Civ Game)  (Read 6740 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: In the Shadow of the Dragons IC Thread (Fantasy Civ Game)
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2013, 08:51:36 pm »

Ok then, how about a more realistic treaty for now, everyone that signs it swears to come to the aid of any other nation  who has signed the treaty and is attacked, being an aggressor automatically forfeits the benefits of this treaty
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2013, 09:00:49 pm »

Harold sighs at the words of the Elder. "This is true. This vote is of course non binding. But it is a quick and efficient way of gauging the mood of my esteemed colleagues and bringing what I view as a vital issue to the forefront of this meeting."

He then turns to the representative from The Confederacy of light. "That does sound all well and good. And I would sign such a treaty. But promises of retribution will be a cold comfort to our dead women and children when a Kasvaldni raider strikes them down."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2013, 09:04:01 pm »

I agree, it is not ideal, but the threat of retribution is still a better deterrent than nothing
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2013, 04:16:01 am »

"If The kasvaldni does attack anyone without good reason or continue to bully us into giving tribute, The Demorine kingdom shall take action, but shall wait and see on this matter."

The Red queen turn to Light's leader "Put us on the treaty, it better then nothing."

Code: [Select]
A: Declare war on the Kasvaldni League: 2
B: Forcibly demilitarize the Kasvaldni League: 2
C: Allow the Kasvaldni League to continue unabated: 1
D: Get Khaz a girlfriend to mellow him out: 1
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2013, 05:20:05 am »

The Illuminated one turns to the red queenGood, with three signatories to the treaty will be able to pull some weight, Is this pact to your liking?

The Mutual Defense Pact of the freed nations

signatories:
Her Grace Reshiel of Light, Illuminated one of the confederacy of Light
His Lordship Harold MacTargash, High Chieftain of the Orcish Confederacy
Her Highness Clair The Bloody, Queen of Demorine
His Lordship Thrudrn, Gradate of Halvuska

« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 06:22:38 am by wolfchild »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2013, 05:42:46 am »

The dwarf lord suddenly snaps from his daydream. "What's this pact about? The Kasvaldni? Hm." He stares at the orcs.

"Um, fine! I'll hop in." He volunteers to give his signature, still unsure what this is about but trying to give the impression he is a good leader.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2013, 06:36:45 am »

"I fully support this treaty, it provides a much better answer then all out war between us."

signatories:
His Highness Bormus Cragbeard, Lord-Protectorate of The MindForge Hearths
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2013, 11:52:31 am »

Quote from: Proclamation of the Temple Elders
Let it be known that the New Kingdoms of the Garden Valley have drafted and signed a Mutual Defense Pact! Woe to those who wish to disturb their peace! The list of signatories will be attached to this proclamation and distributed...

signatories:

Quote from: Journal of Kkelsie, Mermaid Scholar and Adventurer
Karnellshire, The human town I have been taking shelter in this dry season has undergone some changes of late. They have built a magnificent Smithy, which rivals the one at Eastern Marina in terms of architecture and efficiency. I managed to get a tour of the place, and I have to admit, I am frightened and impressed. If the dragons don't snuff out these new 'kingdoms' in the next few decades, I fear they will catch up to the God Dragon empires in terms of numbers and metallurgy and may even prove to be a threat...

I think the humans understand this as well. They have been putting that smithy to work and have produced two full Phalanx squads... perhaps I should return to the Eastlands before war does come.

Quote from: The Drunken Ramblings of Sir Urist Thatcher, Commander of Light
*Hic* They call m'squad the 'The Righteous Assholes', and we be the toughest mutha's in the Entire Garden Valley! If dose Nhilistic Orcs try to fuck with us, Imma have my squad whip them so hard their grandmothers will feel it!

...Nah. The name be an in joke see. Righteous Asshole be the name dat we military folk call Her Grace when none of her people are snooping around our business... I mean We love her to death, and would gladly lay down our lives for her, but she needs to get laid. Badly.

...What do you mean report me to the Purity Patrol? GET BACK HERE! I'LLL HAVE YOUR FREAKIN HEAD BEFORE YOU SNITCH ON ME, ELF!

Quote from: Letter Home from Private Oorog of the Riverbed Militia
Dear Ma,

I was right, The humans accepted me. Even a runt of an Orc like m'self stands even with the tallest specimens of Mankind. The Militia doesn't have a proper Barracks or Mead Hall like Orcish forces do, so I live with one of my fellow soldiers, a human widower named Lance. We are already great friends, and he has promised me his daughter as a wife. Humans are weird though... I have to wait for her to come of age before I can have her.

I am super exited. One of the main reasons this Militia was formed was out of fear of an attack from us Kasvaldni Orcs! If fighting breaks out I get to prove myself to my clan AND deliver them to the final embrace of death! You should talk the family into enlisting when Sevargda starts building an army. It would be an honor to send y'all to your death.

Tell the younger sibblings I'm doing well.

Lots of Love
-Oorog, Private in the Riverbed Militia and Loyal Servant to Her Highness Clair The Bloody
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 12:08:16 pm by Weirdsound »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2013, 12:04:49 pm »

Revised orders as follows: Deploy the Phantom scout squad to explore to the southwest, looking for resources or anything that would be useful for a settlement site. One new band of warrios is to be formed (Spending one farmer and one fighter.)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2013, 01:02:52 pm »

Demmemin watched the proceeding with mild disinterest. Important to take note of, certainly, but no one truly had any worthwhile troops yet, so it was somewhat pointless.

Use Freedom of Speech to spend 4 scholars to act as the 'Construct a Barracks' requirement for Politics Research. Make a Warrior Squad.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2013, 01:33:43 pm »

Accept the trade between myself and Harold. His fighter for my scholar.
Build a Tower using 2 fighters and 4 Craftsmen using my State Sponsored Construction
Obtain Politics with the 4 Craftsmen requirement and my Research head start.

7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2013, 10:04:36 pm »

Quote from: Miscellaneous Items Section of the Provision Request form from Ivan Tombstone, Phantom Handler

Requested Item: 1 Bottle of Vintage Mead
Justification: Grand Handler Nukal got transferred to lead that new warrior squadron, so he doesn't get to travel South with the scouts and I. He will likely die on the first raid! I want to rub that in his face with a toast of thinly veiled mockery...

Requested Item: Harem of 3 Concubines. Ages 12-22 preferred.
Justification: I'm traveling to the ends of the valley with only four dozen spooks for company. I would like some Orcish Company for the trip.

Requested Item: Poison Frog Jerky, 10 Strips
Justification: I'm traveling to the ends of the valley without a proper medical expert. Should I (or anyone with me) end up hurt to the point where death is close, I would like to bring it about as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Quote from: High Level Camathi Republic Dispatch (That became public when the messenger was killed in a bar brawl)
Arch-Scholar Demmemin,

There is urgent and wonderful news out of Thacin sir. While working on a hypothetical draft of a proper constitution, the Thacin Debate and Rhetoric Club accidentally stumbled upon the secrets of magic! A full clinical description of their discovery has been left on your desk back home (I'd send it, but the only messenger we have available at the moment is a drunk who I wouldn't trust with such an important document). The club itself has re-organized as a proper squad of wizards... just like the Angels used in the war! They await your orders!

Quote from: A Captured and Tortured Spy for the Southern Dragon
You lesser beings should know your damn place! OOWOWWWW! CUT THAT OUT!

...Yeah. I admit it. If I had escaped, I would have totally recommended the Dragon come and kill you all. Building a tower is bad enough. You lesser beings should content with hitting each other with sticks. Archers are above your sta- *OWWWQUITTHAT!!*

...And then your people become inspired. That is truly dangerous. They built a proper Capitol Building... and are planning a constitutional convention in the near future, all without prompting! Initiative and ambition are the two most dangerous traits you lesser whelps can have.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not like the gold dragon. I don't believe in killing lesser races off on principal. I have nothing against the Dwarves of The MindForge Hearths, but you all need to die. You are corrupting the balance between strong and weak with your greedy and selfish push for advancement. Now can you please just kill me already? I know to much to release and I don't care to be tortured and starved for the next few months...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2013, 10:41:35 pm »

After a few moments, Khaz'gar cracked a snarky smile, before picking up the parchment the pact was on. "Ey, gimme a moment to do something." Saying that as he placed the document down on the table and started writing on it. When he was finished, the result was a little obvious.

The Mutual Defense Pact of the fFreed nNations

signatories:
His Awesomeness Khaz'gar Sevargda, Leader of the Kasvaldni League.

He coughed once it was placed on the table, still maintaining that smile, before speaking. "There, all fixed. Now, who's up for wrecking this place for a night? You lot don't seem to know how we deal with the inevitability of death, so I shall show you!" Clapping his hands together as the temple doors opened once more...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2013, 02:09:42 am »

Clair give Khaz'gar's writing a look over "I know what Awe mean, fear or respect, but someness? Fear some of the time-ish?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2013, 03:12:06 am »

Khazgar, I want you to be clear on this, attacking a signatory of the pact while a signatory still causes retaliation
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8