Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: In the Shadow of the Dragons IC Thread (Fantasy Civ Game)  (Read 6738 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: In the Shadow of the Dragons IC Thread (Fantasy Civ Game)
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2013, 12:51:53 pm »

Quote from: A Wounded Orcish Deserter

I am only here because I drew the short straw to report back. Under the law my cowardice should be repaid with death, but as far as I know the only survivors amoung the Northern Orcs are deserters, and the Confederacy does deserve a proper battle summary...

Things went bad when the Confederacy of Light decided to hold up to the treaty and moved to aid the nihilistic southerners against us. They sent only one squad of warriors, we had both the advantage of numbers and superior arms, but we were in for the shock of our life. Urist Thatcher, the Quarter Angel Dwarf who put Holds Ferris and Tremble to the sword in the Dragon war had resurfaced as a Confederacy of Light commander, and was leading their charge against us. My squad routed at the very sight of him.

In the ensuing battle nearly all of my squad and all of Urist's was slain, leaving one Phalanx squad to attack the hold itself. Urist managed to escape death and flee into town. We set up camp to rest for the night and licked our wounds. We entertained ourselves with stories about the atrocities of Urist Thatcher during the last war, and these stories were enough to scare me into desertion. I crept away in the dead of night, and on my way to freedom I caught sight of Urist Thatcher leading his few surviving men, along with Southern Civilians weilding training weapons and farm tools, through the shadows towards camp. The following screams were predominantly Orcish, so I can say with some certainty his surprise attack went off without a hitch and that Earthshaker Hold remains under Kasvaldni control...

2 Orcish Phalanx and 1 Confederate Warrior Squad have been slain!
Earthshaker Hold has been held!
Recruitment Rolls for the Victor... The Confederacy of Light gets nothing... The Kasvaldni League rolls a natural 100 and gets a Phantom Phalanx!
The Victors Capture 1 Slave, and must decide which victorious faction gets it...

Quote from: Letter Home from Oorog the Displaced Orc
Ma,

When I traveled to Riverbed to join the military there, I never expected to be defending Kasvaldni holdings. My squad, which upon being ordered to march outside of Demorine was promoted from Militia to 'Demoria's Red Claws', arrived on the field to face down two squadrons of Phalanx from Nolar.

The fight wasn't pretty. There was more of them, and they had meaner weapons. I managed to kill three regardless. I guess even a runt of an Orc like myself is worth 3 humans. When I was cornered, I managed to slip out of my uniform so that the attackers mistook me for a civilian and let me be. My squad lasted longer than you would expect a bunch of rag tag human farmboys to last against twice as many well armed soldiers, but in the end the Nolar bastards overan both my boys and the local Town Guard of Ironspine Hold.

I managed to slip into town a few days later, and round up a few Orcs to take back to Riverbed so as to aid our queen in retaking to hold or otherwise punish those who attacked the Kasvaldni. I was asked to join the local resistance, but Lance, my friend and housemate back in Riverbed, died in battle, so I must return to look after his daughter.

I hope this letter finds you well. I heard rumors the northerners were making a move on Earthshaker Hold. Kill a few for me if that is the case.

Your Loving Son
-Oorog, Loyal Servant to Her Highness Clair The Bloody

1 Demorine Warrior Squad has been slain!
Ironspine Hold has fallen to The Kingdom of Nolar!
A settlement loyal to the Black Dragon has fallen! +3% Black Dragon Involvement Chance!
Recruitment Rolls for the Victor... The Kingdom of Nolar gains a warrior squad!
The Kingdom of Nolar gains 3 Slaves!

Quote from: Kaylee Maltounge, President of the Thacin Debate and Rhetoric Club

The defense went smoothly. To our mild surprise, the Northern Orcs had managed to save a Phalanx squad which was sent to assist us in our defense.

The plan was simple and executed without a hitch. We approached the besieging Southern Orc camp under cover of darkness, formed a magic circle, and dropped their entire offensive military into a sinkhole.

Our warriors and the Northern Phalanx then rushed down the slopes to finish off the injured and stunned nihlists. They were caught a bit off guard by the Phantoms, who were not all that damaged from the fall and managed to focus down and kill most of our Orcish allies before Sunrise Town sent its town watch to enter the fray and tip the scales in our favor once and for all!

Democracy was victorious this day...

1 Orcish Phalanx, 1 Kasvaldni League Warrior, and 1 Kasvaldni League Phantom Warrior has been slain!
Sunrise Town has been defended!
Recruitment Rolls for the Victors... +1 Warrior Squad for the Camathi Republic, Nothing for the Orcish Confederacy
The Victors Capture 3 Slaves, which they must figure out how to divide...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2013, 01:15:41 pm »

The league generously donates the captured confereacy orcs to the confederacy of light as rewards for their astounding defense of Earthshaker hold. (AKA one unit of slaves gifted to the Confederacy of Light)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 01:19:08 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2013, 03:23:10 pm »

The Confederacy of light Refuses, not believing in slavery

((I have no way to deal with slaves))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2013, 04:37:02 pm »

((You can sacrifice them at the temple later to get maidens))

Bormus looked on in sorrow, seeing the lands of Dwarf, Orc, Elf, and Man once more plunged into war.
Some in the Hearths had congratulated him on keeping it away from their doorstep, but Bormus knew that was a naïve view.
Bormus would have to prepare his Hearths for war, because it for damn sure was going to find him.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2013, 06:22:58 pm »

Peace Phase 2:
Game State

It was the war that nobody expected. The pact originally signed to protect against the Southern Orcs of the Kasvaldni League had been used to protect said Orcs against a pre-emptive strike against fellow signatories.

The summer has been quiet. All sides have used the time to train new experts and allow their wounded to heal. As Autumn falls it begins to look like there will not be a peace confrence... After last year's festivities, the Temple Elders are reluctant to host another one. Luckily The Village of the Glades, an independent elven settlement, stepped up to the plate and agreed to provide a venue.

The meeting takes place in a small shrine to the Southeast Dragon. Moss covers the stone floor and walls, and the air is ripe with autumn flowers and incense. The male leaders and their guards, as well as a few of the females, are quite amused by the fact that the priestesses serving beverages and food do so less than fully clothed. If ever the atmosphere could increase the odds of peace, this would be the case.

It is now the Peace Phase. Feel free to make trades with other players, build squads and improvements, and deploy civilian squads as you see fit! Post and say when you are done with your actions for the peace phase...

Expert Count has been updated. I'll handle research stuff in a bit...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 06:26:45 pm by Weirdsound »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2013, 06:41:27 pm »

"Well, well, well, looks like I wasn't too far off when I asked if ya were out for each other, ah?" Ardent says, smiling at the traitorous orc of the confederacy. This jovial attitude, however, immediately switches to a scowl of contempt. "What's a limp liver like you doin' attackin' an iron liver? Ya wanted peace? You jokin' me? Yer a paranoid hypocrite. No better'n the punks who came before ya."
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 06:51:11 pm by Lillipad »
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2013, 07:07:32 pm »

Harold spreads his hands wide at the accusations from the Pascalia leader.

"Yes yes. I am sure the undying frenzy of the crazed death cultists combined with Orcish strength is a great boon to you in bed. To be honest your opinions is of little importance to me. I am mainly attending this meeting to hear from the leader of the Confederacy of Light. Who despite the deaths of my men I still hold respect for."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2013, 07:41:15 pm »

((I just realized that silver may not be the easiest to read in the default profile, so i changed it to a glow))

Reshiel looks at Harold, her eyes full of sorrow

"It grieves me to be on the opposite side of the dispute to you, dear Harold, but I am bound both by my word and by my pen to aid the Kasvaldni in this matter.  I urge you to make peace with them, I will speak for you, I like us being enemies no more than you do... the lives of good men and women, from both sides are at stake here."

((Also I have at most half an hour, probably less, I work at a shopping center and got here early, so I dropped a couple of dollars into the 15 minutes of High speed internet for 2 dollars thing, so i could do the post with something other than my phone))
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2013, 07:50:19 pm »

"I am sorry to hear that Reshiel. But unfortunately I no longer think peace is possible with him. It has simply gone to far to go back. I hope that once he has been removed from the leadership of his people and removed from this valley we may find peace once again. And perhaps that someday the broken bonds between our people can be strengthen to the state they once were."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2013, 07:55:31 pm »

"Yer word shouldn't hold jack all over the people in the pact. Yer black as black can get, the most boring kinda person for my kind. Only reason peace ain't an option is 'cause yer a bigot to other views. Yer pact should be strikin' ya down right here if they had a brain in'em."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2013, 07:56:55 pm »

"Know that if it comes to it, I will grant you asylum in my nation Harold, and any of your people may do the same to escape from the war, and they will be exempt from fighting, but I do not want it to come to that, and do you want history remembering your nation as the one that broke the peace?, Help us rebuild it"

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2013, 07:59:30 pm »

"It is to late, peace is broken. And all my convictions that lead me to that decision are still in place. The issue is simply unretractable."

Harold thought for a moment, totally ignoring the squeaking dwarf. And then spoke, a hope in his eyes.

"That is unless, would a majority vote from the pact signatories to kick him from the pact would untie your hands?"

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2013, 08:01:15 pm »

"I want in on the pact. An' I vote you get kicked out fer breakin' it the very instant peace ended."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2013, 08:04:10 pm »

"Yes we clearly understand that you are wedded to every Orc in the Kasvaldni League past puberty. Still, I object to your membership, and move that we take a vote on it. After my movement to remove Khaz'gar Sevargda of course."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2013, 08:08:16 pm »

"It would be most unusual, and it would take a unanimous vote from everyone other than the potential removee, and I am afraid that your actions have removed you from the pact already, it would take a majority vote to add you back should peace be managed. Ardent you should treat him with respect, he is doing what he thinks is right, even though that may go against that which we think is right, and if you want to join the pact it will require a majority vote from the remaining members, but your actions so far have been in accordance with the pact so I see no problem with that and I put my vote behind you"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8