Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Bloodlines - OOC/Signup Thread  (Read 4457 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodlines: OOC/Signup Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 09:39:49 pm »

I'm assuming her store provides her with a steady income and that despite formal education she knows quite a bit about tangible magic.

Yeah, with the help from her gift, and a bit of trial and error she figured it out herself
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 10:15:42 pm »

Spell-wise, everyone will be capable of using the standard spells such as limited elemental conjuration and what not as well as basic healing. Utilities, basically. Characters will however have their own spells and the same spell may not necessarily be the same for everyone.

Updated Kyle's second bonus. He can now use butter-knives as lethal (but impractical) weapons.

Updated Harkus' bonuses. I wasn't too sure on the echosight though, so if @Cheesecake disagrees with it, I'll change it into something else.

Updated Laurence's second bonus. He can use his claws as lethal butter-kinives.

Nearly ready to begin. Just awaiting on @Oreosome to post their character sheet and I'll figure out the bonuses. Then I just need to get an idea of where everyone's house and workplace on Itova is and then we can begin.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 02:27:27 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2013, 11:12:57 am »

Ok my backstory is all done, let me know if it's ok. It got a little out of hand lol.
If you need any other information or want me to change something let me know.

My people have a city hidden deep inside a forest, but they don't use it much anymore since they're always moving now on contracts.

As an additional note, the species if roughly 3/4 female and it's perfectly common for a male to take multiple mates, Laurence has half a dozen mates but Crimson is the Alpha, the rest are ranked no higher then anybody else in the pack and in some cases females have taken male mates through forcing them to submit. The pack is a fair place, unless you happen to be the weakest in which case your option are to get stronger or live with it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 11:15:40 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2013, 11:45:04 am »

Name: Clair Black
Backstory: A city girl with a eye for details. Her family owned a (setting's car analog) dealership, going to her brother, Mike so Clair got into news.

In her youth, Clair was part of a street gang, called Steel dogs, and has a minor criminal history. She was good with locks.
Unique traits (if any): None
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 11:57:37 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2013, 12:00:41 pm »

Will you be taking any more players?
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2013, 01:32:14 pm »

Will you be taking any more players?
Sure, since this is more freeform and RP-focused, I don't think adding players will significantly increase the complexity. I'll start the game once I have six sheets and new people can join in after that. Players can control additional, peripheral characters if they want as well.

Backstory: A city girl with a eye for details. Her family owned a (setting's car analog) dealership, going to her brother, Mike so Clair got into news.
There aren't any actual cars in the setting since most intercity travel is handled by border travel. Though some areas utilize construct arrays that rearrange themselves into walk ways for people to access places there aren't any roads for. Which one would you prefer?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 01:49:31 pm by Empiricist »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2013, 05:40:26 pm »

Here are the drafts for the characters with completed sheets (Clair doesn't have any spells yet nor does she have a second bonus since I need @Scapheap to tell me what sort of car analog Clair's family sold.)
Note that the spells listed are the more unconventional spells that the character can use. Every person in this setting can use more basic magic spells such as basic healing or minor elemental conjuration/manipulation and what not so that stuff's assumed.
Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 05:46:21 pm by Empiricist »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2013, 05:45:32 pm »

Mine look like a perfect fit for my peoples style, especially the death aspect spell.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2013, 05:46:48 pm »

Good to hear  :D

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2013, 05:48:06 pm »

I don't know how distortions work or how many there are in a given area but I will agree that that is a good replacement for kitchen knives.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2013, 05:48:31 pm »

Wait until you see what I plan to use it for :P
Caine's law.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2013, 05:50:31 pm »

I don't know how distortions work or how many there are in a given area but I will agree that that is a good replacement for kitchen knives.
Distortions is just another term to refer to magic since in this setting, magic is defined as reality distortion.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2013, 05:51:21 pm »

So... it's everywhere?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2013, 05:55:07 pm »

Sort of, magic that is currently in the process of operating is a distortion to reality, like a ripple in the fabric of the world, after use, the spell will eventually subside into an insignificant trace, an echo and slowly attenuate away.

Magic is rather proliferated since all humans are capable of it to some degree and many creatures can use it as well. Organisms such as sanis are physically comprised of it.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 02:58:58 am by Empiricist »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2013, 05:26:13 am »

There aren't any actual cars in the setting since most intercity travel is handled by border travel. Though some areas utilize construct arrays that rearrange themselves into walk ways for people to access places there aren't any roads for. Which one would you prefer?
Any flying craft? If not, I take a real easte agency.(People still need houses, right?)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 [2] 3