Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28

Author Topic: X-Rebirth - It's really happening (NOV 15)  (Read 49717 times)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-Rebirth - It's really happening (NOV 15)
« Reply #360 on: November 19, 2013, 10:15:48 pm »

Many thanks for the tips, but I just don't think I'm cut out for this genre. The lack of any meaningful story I can handle... the excruciating travel times without an in-flight movie or something productive going on, and the scarcity of encounters, not so much.

I think I'll cut my losses and stick to my RPGs and god-games.  :P

Use SETA. Also you can engage time compression upto 1000%
But yeah X3 is a game you sometimes want to run in the background  ;)
Well in Albion prelude you can always do mission to increase your income while your trader does their stuff, get more trader, manage your empire, there is quite a lot to do in fact. Myself i barely used seta at all exept when i didnt have my jumpdrive and the mod that let you jump anywhere ina  system by cycrow.

I barely know how to accelerate, and even then, it's spotty. Switching between ships sounds like something that I might need an encyclopedia for. And no way am I going to try installing mods at the risk of having to spend another 5 hours reinstalling the game from Steam.

Sorry for derailing the thread, though- I've been talking about X3 al this time. :P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 19, 2013, 10:26:20 pm »

I took a quick look at the X-Rebirth forum on Egosoft and...

Why are a good number of the topics about "Yisha"? And what the heck is a "Boob Window"?

Anywho, is there a system requirements list to run this thing? I'll probably pick it up when there's a sale sometime during Christmas.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 19, 2013, 10:39:58 pm »

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CleavageWindow
She's your copilot. Always. And badly rendered at that.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 19, 2013, 10:47:54 pm »

Huh. The X-Universe community is one of the few communities I know of that ask for less tits.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 19, 2013, 11:26:42 pm »

BADLY RENDERED
She's also annoying.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 19, 2013, 11:35:32 pm »

BADLY RENDERED
She's also annoying.

Annoying... or HOT?
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 20, 2013, 01:22:44 am »

BADLY RENDERED
She's also annoying.

Annoying... or HOT?
Annoying and mentally retarded, judging by the dialog. Then again, all the NPCs are suffering from some form of debilitating disease which makes them look like horrorterrors in their 90s while sounding like 20 year olds, while evidencing a mental capacity of a 4 year old with their speech; it's probably just another symptom.

And another: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/684840554654763061/1645188F0F167F6CF3785A7943C6622661E2604F/

I just had a failed Arawn boarding (turns out they want to fly around it after I dump them in a perfect spot, regardless of the fact that there are over 100 turrets on it; another set of deaths due to their disease symptoms I guess). Yisha's dialog:
"Noooohhhh, we just lost an entire boarding squad!"
With the 'Noooohhhh' enunciated like it was a whiny 5 year old who was told they couldn't get that toy on the shelf at Walmart.

You can't even get rid of the useless git in Freeplay mode, where she is just there. I'm not sure who let her on the ship, but it is the most compelling argument thus far for letting us pilot ANYTHING else. :P
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 01:30:29 am by alway »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 20, 2013, 09:05:31 am »

Well so much for sleeping ever  :'( that is truly terrifying, I was so looking forward to the game as well sucks that it that bad I guess it back to X3 Terran Conflict 
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 20, 2013, 09:42:50 am »

What did that site say lol?

Albion Prelude would have been the better choice for a weak pc imo.

Also have you updated the graphics drivers or ran Windows Update recently?
Well Windows Update pretty much does its thing automatically, as for graphics drivers....I have no idea how to do that honestly.
I tried once before but I'm pretty sure I gave up halfway through because it confused my poor tiny console-babied brain.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 21, 2013, 04:29:56 pm »

So many mods and many remove dumb stuff.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=349319
Press spacebar to deactivate mouse steering. *gone*
Repetitive Yisha. *silence*
Cockpit. *gone*
Run on stations. *get*
Smarter traders. *smarts*
Need to enter stations. *gone*
Slipstream minigame. *gone*
Yisha cleavage window. *gone*

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 21, 2013, 06:11:57 pm »

So many mods and many remove dumb stuff.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=349319
Press spacebar to deactivate mouse steering. *gone*
Repetitive Yisha. *silence*
Cockpit. *gone*
Run on stations. *get*
Smarter traders. *smarts*
Need to enter stations. *gone*
Slipstream minigame. *gone*
Yisha cleavage window. *gone*
They really should have concatenated the second and last and just make Yisha gone.

simoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Maia
« Reply #371 on: November 24, 2013, 04:00:26 pm »

It's distressing how they managed to make a game so wide of the mark. People have been saying that the game was going to be a console title, and other strange things. I hope Egosoft can put out a statement and clarify which of the larger structural problems they plan on fixing. :(
Making Maia; a space colony management sim: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118473.0

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #372 on: November 24, 2013, 04:07:45 pm »

They've released statements on bug fix priorities and updates. What exactly are you asking for?
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 24, 2013, 05:13:55 pm »

It's distressing how they managed to make a game so wide of the mark. People have been saying that the game was going to be a console title, and other strange things. I hope Egosoft can put out a statement and clarify which of the larger structural problems they plan on fixing. :(
While it is not official and might never be, this post seem to be the most credible reason of the current game state, i believe the post nearly as much as if Hemmingjay would have done it.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=349638

Again take it with a grain of salt since nothing here has yet been confirmed in any way, but it does explain quite a lot.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 03, 2013, 01:42:33 pm »

Don't suppose anyone has a save file from just before boarding mission.

I was stupidly only quick saving and the game decided to take a dump during a quick save which corrupted the save file
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28