Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28

Author Topic: X-Rebirth - It's really happening (NOV 15)  (Read 49768 times)

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-Rebirth - It's really happening (NOV 15)
« Reply #285 on: November 17, 2013, 07:09:53 pm »

I have to say... if they really think this game is going to pass muster in the console world they have a rude awakening coming. Console gamers are even more snippy about buggy games because its difficult to patch them later, especially because some people do not connect their consoles to the internet at all times.

If you haven't noticed, they are using PC gamers as QA for debugging.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #286 on: November 17, 2013, 07:27:02 pm »

I have to say... if they really think this game is going to pass muster in the console world they have a rude awakening coming. Console gamers are even more snippy about buggy games because its difficult to patch them later, especially because some people do not connect their consoles to the internet at all times.

If you haven't noticed, they don't have a history of actually fixing identified bugs.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 17, 2013, 07:52:12 pm »

If you haven't noticed, they don't have a history of actually fixing identified bugs.
Things like:
Corvettes exploding when undocking.
Absolutely derpy autopilot (colisions are almost asured).

It's so bad that running carriers is a waste of nerves because fighters will happily crash into enemies and each other.
And guess what... never fixed. Yep.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 17, 2013, 09:11:01 pm »

While that may be true...those bugs isn't even on par with the bugs being encountered in the game. If you capture a capital ship its engines are destroyed then even after placing an engineer onto it to fix the engines, it does nothing, hour waiting, and no change whatsoever where as an npc ship, when you destroy their engines, it takes about 5 minutes to fully repair. The trade bug also effects npc ships causing the economy to come to a near complete standstill after playing a while...I hate to say this but this game is battlecruiser millennium level of bad.

Few other issues I have with the game, the missions remain roughly the same payout rate regardless of its difficulty, which the difficulty only effects the length of the mission. Beholder drones(the scanning drone) has no noticeable benefit as to why you would use it to scan a station instead of just using the skunk, maybe its for those "classified" structures on stations such as the construction area, but getting that to 100% gives no noticeable benefit unless you need to do that to get the blueprint to build it...maybe...

One large issue however is the fact that the in game ui needed for the map and ship detail info has occasionally freeze, which by the way, does not get cleared if you were to save then load the game again.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #289 on: November 17, 2013, 10:35:08 pm »

What a shame. Hopefully, between official patches and player mods/fixes it will get anywhere from acceptable to good later (and I suppose if fans can fix MoO3, then they can fix this too given enough time and motivation).
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 18, 2013, 05:07:34 am »

realy dont get the fuzz here.
everything is as expected: crappy launch, lots of bugs and innovations that pisses off the old fans.
give its some time to get fixed and to get used to the new stuff. this game will be around for years.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 18, 2013, 06:41:26 am »

everything is as expected: crappy launch, lots of bugs and innovations that pisses off the old fans.
give its some time to get fixed and to get used to the new stuff. this game will be around for years.

It is a sad state our gaming culture is in when a crappy launch with lots of bugs is to be "expected" and glossed over because it might get fixed in the future.

Also innovation is not inherently a good thing, just because it is new does not automatically make it better, it has to actually, you know, be better.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 18, 2013, 09:34:51 am »

It is a sad state our gaming culture is in when a crappy launch with lots of bugs is to be "expected" and glossed over because it might get fixed in the future.

Also innovation is not inherently a good thing, just because it is new does not automatically make it better, it has to actually, you know, be better.

Well its the future where almost everyone is connected to the internet so patching any bugs is possible.
Unlike the early days of gaming when you had a glitch that made your game unbeatable and it went retail... then that was it.
In the best case people never noticed in the worst you had to recall everything, fix it and replace every sold copy with a patched one.

Also Egosoft is kinda known for pretty bad starts (X3R for example) that got a patchjob and coat of paint.
Sure some things were never fixed but the game didn't randomly fall apart in a smoking heap.
And the game has a following of people who just got used to it.
Self promotion below.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 18, 2013, 09:38:02 am »

Holy shit.
I saw this game on steam and heard of it through my friends, so I was "hey why not, I may use a new space sim.". Then I saw the one-ship-only feature and a short gameplay video and I went "Er, naaaah.".
Then I stumbled upon this thread, read it and felt justified. This is godawful.

I never played any X game and my space-sim experience is pretty much limited to Freelancer. X3 looks like a good game though.

bugs on launch
Thing is, there is more and more bugs on launch. There is no justifiable reason to have a CRAPPIER game on launch today than ten years in the past. "We can patch it later" is NOT a justifiable reason.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 18, 2013, 09:42:16 am »

You should give x3 a try. Get every mod that fixes the old bugs. It is a fun game. The superbox goes on sale a couple times a year.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 18, 2013, 10:10:23 am »

Holy shit.
I saw this game on steam and heard of it through my friends, so I was "hey why not, I may use a new space sim.". Then I saw the one-ship-only feature and a short gameplay video and I went "Er, naaaah.".
Then I stumbled upon this thread, read it and felt justified. This is godawful.

I never played any X game and my space-sim experience is pretty much limited to Freelancer. X3 looks like a good game though.

bugs on launch
Thing is, there is more and more bugs on launch. There is no justifiable reason to have a CRAPPIER game on launch today than ten years in the past. "We can patch it later" is NOT a justifiable reason.

Buy the Anthalogy.
Do it NOW.
Note that the game is pretty heavily based on economy rather than shooting and in TC and AP you have to periodically delete some file to keep the game running smooth because there is a loop of some sorts (once per 20 hours of gametime should be enough).
Self promotion below.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 18, 2013, 11:29:06 am »

yep. hate the small independents for not being able to dump 100 man years into polishing the design optimizing the performance and squishing all bugs, and the large companies for just making the same game over and over again where they know they will make the 200 millions the production has cost them.
sad state of the gaming culture indeed, but it gets what it deserves i guess.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 18, 2013, 11:53:45 am »

egosoft is not a 'small independent'

even if they were, what kind of response would you prefer from 'the gaming culture'? gee thanks for this $50 turd egosoft, may we please have some more?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 11:57:40 am by TripJack »

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 18, 2013, 11:58:02 am »

they have one game. they consist of a hand full of employees. their game production costs range in the lower millions, not the houndreds of millions.
what else are they in your world?

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 18, 2013, 12:19:54 pm »

toady is a small independent, a company with a few dozen dev guys and a flock of testers & QA guys from a publishing company is not

but hey i guess that's just in my world
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28