Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28

Author Topic: X-Rebirth - It's really happening (NOV 15)  (Read 49823 times)

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: X-Rebirth - It's really happening (NOV 15)
« Reply #225 on: November 15, 2013, 11:52:56 am »

Most certainly posting to watch. I'm interested in this game, but this is the first game in a while that could use a hardware upgrade... Probably will be post-Christmas when I finally buy it. Plus I still have TC and AP to get through anyway. Hopefully by then there will be patches out to make it playable -- I know Egosoft's track record :P

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 15, 2013, 11:58:11 am »

The game should be fine in a year, but more playable in a month or two.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 15, 2013, 12:26:49 pm »

Have you played it? If so, in your experience, what needs to be fixed?

I understand that a couple of people have played it and feel it needs optimization but I don't know what their system specs are. If you have technical problems, it would be great if you could also list your machine's specs.

Thanks
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 15, 2013, 12:37:17 pm »

Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4 GHz
NVidia GeForce GTX 470
6 GB RAM

I realise this isn't the most up to date gaming platform, but I get really bad FPS drops when looking towards populated areas, and at people while on foot. Some people on the Steam forums appear to have the same issue, whatever their specs are.

I'd post something like this to the official forums but they've been exploded
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 15, 2013, 12:40:26 pm »

Have you played it? If so, in your experience, what needs to be fixed?

I understand that a couple of people have played it and feel it needs optimization but I don't know what their system specs are. If you have technical problems, it would be great if you could also list your machine's specs.

Thanks

Didn'tp lay it yet but i guess people are annoyed for being locked in one ship.
I guess it will get changed sooner or later (in Xtended Rebirth probably).

Simply put since the second (or first xpack dependoing on how you see it) game you could swap ships without problems.
And now we're going back in time to the very first game where we were locked in the Xperimantal shuttle.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #230 on: November 15, 2013, 01:06:55 pm »

I haven't had any issues yet. I'm a few hours into the campaign. At the moment the player ship feels invincible, the voice acting makes me cringe, but overall it's balanced out by the sheer scale of the universe and objects in it. I'm still exploring everything at the moment.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 15, 2013, 01:09:10 pm »

From what I can gather you find this game terrible because the developers decided to go back to one ship. Boohoo.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #232 on: November 15, 2013, 01:18:03 pm »

I am having an absolute blast with the game! I just make sure to save often so I can get around the bugs. :)
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 15, 2013, 01:21:45 pm »

Just played it for an hour and a half.. Still havent really gotten out of the tutorial-ish style missions.

Optimization-wise, i have a higher end computer, and its fairly smooth with maxed out settings most of the time, but still hiccups every few minutes for a few seconds during normal flying around... happens especially when entering/leaving cockpit as well, which i guess involves a lot of loading/unloading..
Not unplayable for me but...
im on a core i7 3820 4core[hyperthreaded] overclocked to 4.4ghz, with a geforce gtx 680, overclocked to 1110mhz /w 4gigs. Also have 16gigs of ram, but have a non-ssd harddrive.

Alot of the docking/station going around stuff looks like it will get repeative and boring after awhile... at least you don't have to -hunt- for people if you don't want to, and can instead just comm a ship/station and ask for a specific-job-postion-filling guy and they'll tell you someone even if its not in the same station/immediate area. So you can find people easily enough.
The WEIRDEST thing so far is that the vast majority of people seem to talk with young voices but 95% of the people look really old.
... The old people thing is... really really odd.. It actually is odd enough to make me feel weird, like i've entered into a parallel universe where nearly everyone is like 75 years old. [Not a exaggeration, theres maybe one or two young/middle aged people on a station to every 20 or so old 75+ people]

As for actual combat... haven't experienced it much yet, but seems, average so far... probably need upgrades/better stuff, which is in fact the mission i was on before i took a break.

Drones: They feel exactly the same as the skunk, just mini-ships basically. I only had a tiny fighter drone and a scanning/hacking drone bought.. didnt manage to figure out the hacking either...

Universe: Yea, it certainly feels a lot more busy. i like that they made the tradelanes into a sort of minigame, where you jump lanes to draft people to get their faster. And the pure amount of ships/ the size of stations is vastly more interesting/cooler then the previous x titles.

GUI/UI: It feels very clunky, I need to hit C->3->5->-5->1 to ask a person where a guy selling drones is from my ship, waiting a half second inbetween.. Its mostly navigating a pick 1-6 of these options then do that again several/many times to achieve something... which feels slow and clunky to me, even if it doesnt take much screenspace. The actual Combat Hud, and cockpit feel good, although i really wish i could -move- my head around by holding down alt or something, as most modern-vehicle style games let you do. Also, actually walking around the bridge would be nice, instead of going immediately to the main pilot seat.

Also: crashed once in a hour and a half, and doesnt like alt-tabbing with multiple screens.
Still have hopes for the game, but i would advise holding off purchacing for a few weeks/month or so, let a few patches come out, maybe wait for a mod/patch that changes the average age by negative 40 years or so...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 01:23:40 pm by Rift »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 15, 2013, 01:30:10 pm »

The old people thing might be a hidden reference to the recently ended Argon-Terran war. A lost generation, so to speak.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 15, 2013, 01:50:27 pm »

That might be entirely possible. However, if that was the case they really should of hired old voice actors instead of young ones.. i havent heard a single non-young person voice yet...

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 15, 2013, 01:52:05 pm »

Doesn't having no option to change ships disappoint you lot MAJORLY though ?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 15, 2013, 01:53:53 pm »

It doesn't.

For the simple reason that those who could be disappointed by only having 1 ship are longtime egosoft fans, who're much smarter than buying an egosoft release on the first day. Those who did are still playing it, and are hence not posting.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 15, 2013, 02:04:06 pm »

I'm considering getting into this but the whole multiplayer thing I've had going on over the past 6 or so years has shifted my gaming personality to the point of it being almost hard to get into singleplayer games, it feels almost like im 'wasting time not achieving anything' though that particular path of reasoning is absolutely silly considering the point of all gaming is to have fun, and sometimes profit. I understand that yet I struggle. Loading something like this up will likely lead to myself haunting myself with questions of why I'm not playing EVE (or something) instead.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #239 on: November 15, 2013, 02:09:03 pm »

It doesn't.

For the simple reason that those who could be disappointed by only having 1 ship are longtime egosoft fans, who're much smarter than buying an egosoft release on the first day. Those who did are still playing it, and are hence not posting.

I am a long time Egosoft fan and am well aware that their games release in buggy states. Still got it on release. And quite happy with one ship. I didn't swap ships much when playing Reunion or Terran Conflict. 90% of my time in those games was spent flying an Eclipse (I was playing with XTM on Reunion). I felt it was the perfect player ship. Lots of shields, very maneuverable, and enough firepower to take on anything short of a capital ship.

The Skunk seems to feel pretty close to the Eclipse, though more maneuverable. I cannot wait to get bigger guns on it.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28