Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28

Author Topic: X-Rebirth - It's really happening (NOV 15)  (Read 49799 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: X-Rebirth - It's really happening (NOV 15)
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2013, 04:29:41 am »

Jumpdrives have been confirmed for use in larger craft. But IIRC, the highway can be left and reentered at any point.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2013, 05:25:40 am »

No more $5 off on steam anymore  :(.
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2013, 05:49:11 am »

IIRC the Teladi DID get their grubby little claws on jumpdrive technology and sold them in several places in TC

To be honest I hope jumpdrives DON'T exist anymore, it really messes with the economy when shipping lanes are a thing of the past, distance and risk of piracy become negligible

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 27, 2013, 05:50:28 am »

Jumpdrives have been confirmed for use in larger craft.
IIRC, all capital ships have them installed by default, as they don't fit into the highways. IIRC, the amount of valid jump drive targets is however, fairly limited.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #139 on: September 27, 2013, 12:10:03 pm »

New trading video:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/09/27/x-rebirth-trading-and-mining-together-at-last/

Some interesting mechanics. One thing I saw that I wasn't a fan of was that the ships in the "lanes" of a station just sit idly by while enemies attack them. I would think the entire line would scatter if they saw someone getting attacked right in front of them. Perhaps it's still to come.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 12:22:13 pm by Tobel »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 27, 2013, 01:06:04 pm »

New trading video:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/09/27/x-rebirth-trading-and-mining-together-at-last/

Some interesting mechanics. One thing I saw that I wasn't a fan of was that the ships in the "lanes" of a station just sit idly by while enemies attack them. I would think the entire line would scatter if they saw someone getting attacked right in front of them. Perhaps it's still to come.

The game is out in November. It should be feature complete by now. Sheep ships are a feature I guess.

I'm wondering if you can get price contracts. No matter how much you sell to a station within some time window, they give you one price. Less, sell 20 and price per unit drops dynamically. 1st unit = 20 credits. 2nd = 19. And so on no matter how much of a lump batch you sell.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #141 on: September 27, 2013, 01:35:45 pm »

I'm wondering if you can get price contracts. No matter how much you sell to a station within some time window, they give you one price. Less, sell 20 and price per unit drops dynamically. 1st unit = 20 credits. 2nd = 19. And so on no matter how much of a lump batch you sell.

I can't quite remember how it was in X3. I know if you bought one at a time it went down, but if you bought a chunk of say, 20 units at 100, did the calculation include the price per unit dynamic drop? Or was it 20 units at 100?

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 27, 2013, 01:42:00 pm »

I can't quite remember how it was in X3. I know if you bought one at a time it went down, but if you bought a chunk of say, 20 units at 100, did the calculation include the price per unit dynamic drop? Or was it 20 units at 100?

Off the top of my head, pretty sure it was fixed per transaction rather than per unit (i.e. you'd buy 20 units at 100).
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 27, 2013, 02:19:36 pm »

There is no dynamic drop when buying large ammounts at a time.

If a Power plant sells ECells for 7 per unit and you buy 10000 ECells you buy them all for 7 credits per unit so buying in bulk has huge advantages.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 27, 2013, 02:28:07 pm »

That's fine. That's not what I'm talking about with a price contract. Let's say you arrange an amount of good at a particular price. Your trader takes 30 minutes to come fulfill that arrangement. Some other trader wanders in and makes prices rise or fall before your trader arrives. What's your price now? It should not change with a contract.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 27, 2013, 03:29:24 pm »

The game is out in November. It should be feature complete by now. Sheep ships are a feature I guess.
Maybe they're autonomous cargo freighters. Considering the history of the X-verse, those wouldn't have much AI. And you don't want the heavily loaded ships panicking in the middle of a station.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #146 on: September 27, 2013, 07:54:16 pm »

That's fine. That's not what I'm talking about with a price contract. Let's say you arrange an amount of good at a particular price. Your trader takes 30 minutes to come fulfill that arrangement. Some other trader wanders in and makes prices rise or fall before your trader arrives. What's your price now? It should not change with a contract.

In previous X-games this was handled by trade missions/quests and did not involve the trade screen. You got x amount of some cargo you had to have and dock at a station, the cargo was removed and you got payment. I believe the reward was always a bit above max selling price.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 28, 2013, 10:39:21 am »

In previous X-games this was handled by trade missions/quests and did not involve the trade screen. You got x amount of some cargo you had to have and dock at a station, the cargo was removed and you got payment. I believe the reward was always a bit above max selling price.

That's someone else forwarding the deal, not you initiating a deal.
Maybe they're autonomous cargo freighters. Considering the history of the X-verse, those wouldn't have much AI. And you don't want the heavily loaded ships panicking in the middle of a station.
You would want them to ping their neighbors and scatter, not continue on at the same velocity and heading, making it really easy to target them.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2013, 12:46:02 pm »

Actually I think the AI is crippled in that regard for demonstrations of the game. In previous dev videos, the ships behaved the same way in order to show off weapons and targeting and factory destruction, including not letting any police or military show up and stop the devs. I don't think its a good idea to judge the AI until there's an AI-specific video, if there ever is one.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 18, 2013, 04:02:26 am »

I'm sorry if this is a necro (I don't really think it is, at least that much - besides, the game's only a few weeks away) - I just wanted to ask a question or two. I've tried to find out, but is it possible to change ships in this game like in the other X games or are you stuck in the one ship for the entire game?
Because that's a big thing I'd like to see happen.
So yeah. Sorry for the almost necro.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28