Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 9!)  (Read 23215 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 4!)
« Reply #150 on: August 31, 2013, 05:30:16 pm »

In terms of direct damage output, you're actually the weakest. Offensive Nexus Fields/Titanoid strength is stronger than any punch you can throw on your own.
Of course, I was counting the fact that they'd need to realistically switch between Offensive and Defensive fields if they took one head on, however using life force I can get roughly close to one of them :v But meh, lets see how they take it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2013, 08:11:24 am »

((Why didn't this post >_<))

One, two, three.

Katya is alright, and I'm just starting.

Alessa checked the position of the sun as she adjusted her own grip on the throttle, playing the scene of topographical locations in her map. The two fliers were directly following, perhaps unfazed by her movements--she wondered if they had any adaptive learning capabilities.

Only one way to find out.

Manuever into a scissors pattern and drop some more smartbombs on the one nearest me!

Check if Katya is doing alright.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 05, 2013, 01:00:30 am »

((So is that everyone?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 05, 2013, 01:45:21 am »

Let's see, Tiruen, Calleath, Adwarf, Mcclay, Tallarion and myself, yup that's everyone
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 07, 2013, 05:33:02 am »

I have started on the update and will try to finish it during the weekend.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2013, 11:38:52 pm »

Name: Razvan "Roz" Moro
Nationality: U.S Citizen, mixed ancestry
Shackled Type: Imprisoned Ancient
Ancient Type: Unique (See below)
Description: In the generations before the return, Razvan's condition was labeled as a form of genetic schizophrenia. The things he saw were a relic of his father's genes, nothing more. The fact that he started seeing them only after his father killed himself, well, that was just a natural stress-trigger. The medical community had seen it before, and the detail became a mere note in his medical file. His doctors were either never aware of the fact his paternal line had followed that same patter for as long as anyone could trace back, or they didn't care- and the Moro family never had the resources to make them.
   With a lot of medication, Razvan was able to make a semi-normal life. To most people he was an almost normal guy; a little too angular to be handsome, a little too tall to be average, and a little too introspective to fit in with society. He lived his life under the assumption that he was insane, a theory borne out by the things his dreams told him to do, but his symptoms grew worse in the months nearing the return.
    As the return approached and his medication could no longer contain the voices in his head, Razvan killed his best friend. He was tried, found guilty of first degree murder, and sent to prison two months before the return. The riots that followed the days immediately after the Return, however, triggered a prison break. Razvan escaped with the pack, and he's been wandering since. He can do things, things that he shouldn't be able to do, and his abilities are related to the voice trapped inside his skull.
   Razvan wandered along for a long time after the return, but, even if it was overlooked by the medical community pre-return, his paternal history of insanity stands out like a sore thumb to government xeno-division 'headhunters'. Assuming they can find him.
Special Note: Razvan's control should never be able to go above medium.

Ancient: The Drifter
Description: The Drifter has been imprisoned in the minds of the Moro paternal line for farther back than anyone can remember. Once, before humanity distinguished itself from apes, the Drifter was a creature that inhabited the rifts between dimensions. Unlike the abyssals, which cannot cross the dimensional barriers without either great difficulty or proper timing, the Drifter can cross a dimensional threshold with less effort than it takes a human to blink. The intellect of the Drifter is vast, and its memories of eons spent traveling between times and realities are wholly incompatible with most human minds. However, the countless generations it has spent imprisoned and slumbering in the Moro family have given it a surprisingly... human personality.
Hopeful abilities (suggestions):
Dimensional Porpoising: In manner similar to the way certain kinds of fish leap rapidly in and out of water to gain speed, the Drifter in Razvan's body can rapidly phase through dimensions. The effect briefly allows the rules of relativity and momentum to be ignored, and Razvan can travel over short distances at well beyond relativistic speeds. The more control the drifter gets, the longer each shift can be, until Razvan can literally phase through solid objects of moderate depth.
Energy Shift: Much like dimensional porpoising, the Drifter can also attempt to shift energy through dimensions. This, while it must still obey the laws preserving the entropy of the pan-dimensional multiverse, allows large amounts of potentially harmful energy to be brought from another dimension to earth, or vice versa.
Nexus Tear: The Drifter knows the Nexus Gods, and it really, REALLY, doesn't like them. With effort the Drifter can effectively 'salt the earth' around a Star God's inter-dimensional footprint, disrupting their nexus field. The effect is temporary as the tear normalizes and the effected God adapts, but it can seriously damage nexus tech and inhibit Star God abilities.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 11:57:29 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2013, 11:45:22 pm »

(We're not actually doomed anymore :D

Yay Draignean!)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 15, 2013, 12:02:26 am »

(We're not actually doomed anymore :D

Yay Draignean!)

((Oh, you're still doomed. Five people would have to die before I got in, and even then you'd just have an imprisoned ancient who is already half in control of his host added into the mix.

Honestly I think my introduction would be: "and the boning continues!" not "We're not actually doomed!"))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 15, 2013, 04:32:49 am »

Err, so, you can't have missed the impromptu hiatus. I've had a hard time gathering the time or energy to update this. Let me see what I can do now.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 15, 2013, 04:33:15 am »

Yoo can do it!
Sig! Onol

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 15, 2013, 06:12:53 am »

Turn 5
Note of the Day:   
---

Calla
"Well I am currently doing my best to shield you from the aura, but you already know that, I cannot challenge it mentally, it will crush me one on one, but I can try to mask us I suppose, also whatever it is doing to those men, it is worse than the normal breaking we have seen to this point, it is twisting rather than breaking, at least from what I can tell; what comes out of that process will be far more intelligent than we are used to."

Attempt to mask the crew from the abyssal, we stand no chance on our own if it senses us

'Right, because things weren't bad enough already,' Ribeiro says. [5] 'They'll... be better off dead.'

She lets him process it and begins creating a shroud over them. It's not something she's done before, but the Abyssal is unfocused on the world around it. She doesn't know if it would sense them without it, but it's better not to take any chances. [6+1-1=6] The psychic cloak is taxing on top of the aura protection, but Calla makes it happen. She has no guarantee it will help, but it's better than just hoping for the best. 

[5] The Abyssal's presence is now right below them. Just being this near is difficult, even with her powers - it washes over her in waves, making clear thinking difficult - [4+1=5][3+1=4] but her protection holds, even over the two mortals. She knows she can't keep it up forever, not while suppressing its aura - and her own - and Ribeiro seems to realize this. He returns to the controls and begins prepping the depth charges on the underside of the chopper. Calla feels the sub and the Deep One below.

The charges drop. [Dodge:2-2=1/5-2=3/2-2=1/2-2=1] Four spheres of steel and high explosives, they dive beneath the waves and find the strange Abyssal's carapace. [BPs:5/4/4/3] All detonate in turn around the being's tentacles, so neatly wrapped around the submarine, [Damages:2-1+1=2/4-1-1=2/2-1+1=2/4-1+1=4] and explode. Calla sees the dull explosions lighting up beneath the surface and senses them cutting into the silvery tendrils - but not much. The damage is superficial in most cases. Even with the small size of the thing and the oversized explosives, they're hardly damaged.

[2] At first, Calla thinks it isn't even reacting. The body remains inert, the damaged tentacles still gripping the submarine's hull - protected from the explosion by them in most places - but then many things happen at once. The creature's mind shifts, lashing out at the physical world around it. An invisible sight fixes on the chopper [1+1=2] but if it can see them, she can't tell. For a moment she feels the presence is there, in her mind – but the moment passes, and the being's mind returns to its shell.

A moment later, she feels more than sees it uncoil from the submarine and descend rapidly, too fast to follow, into the depths, before disappearing completely from her senses.

Just like that, it's gone.

'What just... did it flee? What happened?' Ribeiro asks, rubbing his eyes. 'What about the sub? Is it...?'

He trails off. [5] Calla looks – and sees the submarine rise to the surface, with only superficial damage, as if it had never been attacked. The crew feel to be still alive, still... sentient. But she'd need a closer look to be sure.

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Alex Vondgas
Alex moves to help Theo up.
Quick! We have to get to the city now!"
Help Theo and move our asses to the city.

Theo seems dumbfounded for a moment - but gathers himself. 'Right... right, we have to go. Sorry, my ears hurt like...' he says, a bit too loud. 'Well, lead the way, Alex.'

[4] The jeep doesn't seem worth the trouble, so Alex just grabs Theo's arm and begins to leg it towards the city. He lets Theo say where they need to go, never having paid that much attention to the map. Soon enough they fall to a steady pace up the outskirts, Alex doing his best to ignore the pain in his leg, [2] which is stubbornly refusing to heal yet. There's no way they'll get ahead the military on foot like this, but it's too late to turn back now. He just has to hope the deepspawn don't make it into the Foundation building before them.

Behind them, the Olympians continue marching. Another shot from the huge warmachine's rifle raises a cloud of dirt and mud somewhere in the distance. Alex notes the incoming Ancient's bulk is becoming uncomfortably large in the horizon. The sky is clouded with swarms of flier forms, and Alex is thankful they don't seem to be interested in attacking the two of them. He sees many swoop down behind them in the city, met by scattered fire and missiles from the advancing military. Some launch feeble attacks on the Olympians, but the effect is much the same as a fly has on a human.

'This is the street,' Theo says at last. 'The site is just a few blocks down. We need to hurry.'

[3] As to underscore his words, an EUROPA tank rolls into the street up ahead, immediately met by inhuman screeches. A flier form similar to the ones they fought appears from between the buildings, leaping at the armoured vehicle - and is stopped at the last moment by a HE shell at close range. It flies back with a gaping hole in its chest, sinuous guts and flesh exploding up the street. MG fire erupts immediately afterwards and Alex spots the shapes of men in bulky armor rush out to the street, firing at things he can't see.

Theo grimaces and sets out into the beginning firefight. Alex follows, quickly scanning the streets. Going through the buildings might offer some modicum of safety - the street itself, not so much. They need to get up the street and quickly - though the military might end up needing his help sooner or later. If they fall back, the deepspawn will overrun the Foundation site for sure. Helping them push on might give them time to retrieve whatever assets they came here for.

---
Spoiler: Friendlies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mcclay (click to show/hide)

Alexei Zielkov
"Your lack of hurry in getting me out of here." he answers calmly, his tone close to being friendly. His short investigation around the base has been useful, but he can't afford to stay for much longer. "The general seems like he would be a fairly pleasant person while asleep or drunk." The soldier allows himself a sly smile as he keeps calmly walking.

Leave the base through the gates, but use the moment to snoop around a bit near the area beforehand.

[3] 'That seems to be a matter of opinion, sir,' the officer says. 'I find the general is not very interested in the truth coming to light in this situation. That is all.'

With that, he walks with Alexei to the gates. [4] Alexei keeps his eyes open as they move, but nothing particularly relevant jumps out at him in the base. Soon enough he's outside and the gates whirr closed behind him. He can still feel the gazes of the guards on his back as he leaves.

He considers his next move. Checking the western bridge and whatever security checkpoints or cameras are there seems like a logical next step - if they did indeed leave that way. Hopefully that would give him a clue as to their destination after that - even just if they went towards the city or stayed away. He has his wits and gun, and vague authorization provided by the Society - but no team. Even the scientists are not here yet, certainly no efficient team of Zelenko, Kaminski and the others. He wonders if it would be possible to contact them, via the Society or on his own.

In any case - there's little time to waste. The trucks will have left a trail of some kind, and it seems it's solely up to him to find it.

Spoiler: Caellath (click to show/hide)

Alfonz Wulfric
"Seeing as only me and Daniel are the only ones really capable of taking those matchboxes head on its fairly simple, running will do us no good, and attacking them head on will either get us put in a hospital for weeks or dead. So with that in mind the plan is fairly simple, we need to set up shop in a decent enough clearing and trap it as best we can in the time we got.

When that is done you, Bannon, and Clay will set up shop up in the trees with around a half a dozen of these branches sharpened to as fine a point as we can manage. Meanwhile me and Daniel will be down on the ground with only one of these each, I'll use my powers to reinforce the sticks me and him will be using for weapon, and we'll act as bait to draw them into the clearing.

When the enter the clearing me and Daniel will get out of the way and you guys are to throw those damn things and try to score a decent hit, use your powers if you have to but aim for the legs. If we disable the matchbox's movement we win, a stationary target doesn't stand a chance against me or Daniel if we decide to smash it to little fucking pieces.

And then when that is done I'm gonna sit down on top of the broken matchbox and have a nice victory smoke."

Give the details of the plan and wait for the others comments. If they accept find a decent length vine or cord somewhere and any sharp rocks that an be found.

The other three listen to Wulfric's plan in silence. Daniel looks strangely uncomfortable, glancing at Liz. She's the first to speak.

''Only me and Daniel'? Are you kidding me? You wanna see how you'll like one of my right hooks?' she says.

Daniel coughs quickly. 'It's a fair enough plan, I guess. Mostly I just wanna say I took down a Walker with nothing but sticks and stones. Any objections?'

'I'll show you an objection, you du-'

'And thaaaat's a no. Clay?'

The fourth member of the group shakes his head, looking out at the presumed direction of the Walkers. Alfonz thinks he might be actually listening for their approach.

'All agreed!' Daniel says, grinning. 'Lead the way, Wulfric.'

[4] The four of them get to work on the branches. More small tree trunks than branches, they should pack a nice punch. Sharpening them is a bit tricky without proper equipment, but they use sharp rocks and their bare hands - perks of superhuman strength, certainly. Liz and Clay take most of them, while Alfonz and Daniel take one each. It reminds Alfonz of his makeshift spear back in New Orleans.

[3][2] When they're ready, Wulfric draws on the Reaper within him. The world seems very distant for a moment, his consciousness filled with the raging power of the being. He directs a tiny sliver of it into the spears, struggling with the strange energy after not properly using it for a long time. His own spear is reinforced, but he doesn't know if it actually worked with Bannon. Regardless, Wulfric doesn't have to worry about the weakness of the wood and it might give him a nice bit of extra piercing power now.

Liz and Clay climb up into the trees with their spears, while Daniel and Alfonz step out into clear view in the clearing. Then it's just a matter of waiting for them to find them. The clock's ticking down, but there's still time to imbue Daniel's weapon properly, or the others'.

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

Aaron Gray
"Let's head straight into it. I wanna see what they're up against."

Advance forward, try to get into a position to see what the soldiers are firing at.

'I like the way you think,' Alex mutters.

The trio heads up, striding confidently to the APCs - or atleast hiding their nervousness fairly well. Aaron can tell through Alex's bluster that she's obviously not all that keen of walking into a firefight. Thomas just seems to have accepted the situation - Aaron thinks he's not worrying because he thinks the other two are not worrying.

They get to the APCs' side, crouching a bit involuntarily as gunfire erupts on both sides of them. Aaron steps up and looks, both with his eyes and his mind.

The soldiers' fire is focused on the opposite side of the square. Aaron sees shapes - human, armed - dart to and fro around windows and peer out from storefronts, firing hunting rifles and the occasional assault rifle. Bodies litter the street before the buildings, suggesting they got caught in the open at first. As Aaron watches, a molotov cocktail sails out from a building and lands short, exploding on the road. It seems like they might be raiders, just here for the gas and supplies.

[4] But with his mental powers... the hostiles are not quite normal. The signs are there, startingly familiar - Abyssal tampering. But not quite as powerful. Aaron blinks. The raiders each have what amounts to a psychic icepick stuck in their brains, ensuring mindless loyalty and obedience, created by an Abyssal hybrid. Created by someone like him.

'Hey, what the hell?' a voice asks, and the trio turns to see a soldier turned towards them. 'Don't move! How the hell did you get here?'¨

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Alessa T. Tairon
One, two, three.

Katya is alright, and I'm just starting.

Alessa checked the position of the sun as she adjusted her own grip on the throttle, playing the scene of topographical locations in her map. The two fliers were directly following, perhaps unfazed by her movements--she wondered if they had any adaptive learning capabilities.

Only one way to find out.

Manuever into a scissors pattern and drop some more smartbombs on the one nearest me!

Check if Katya is doing alright.

[6] It's damned beautiful flying, Alessa thinks. She manouevers herself right on top of the third flier and fires. [Dodges:5-1-1=3/3-1-1=1/6-1-1=4] The Smartbombs sweep down after the flier, [Damages:3+1+1-1=4/4+1+1+1=6] the first ripping off a wing, the second blowing the rest of the thing sky-high (or ground-low, eventually, she supposes).

[6] The swarm comes after her again, but it's almost too predictable. Alessa flies away into the clouds. The last heavy flier is still out there... [1] but suddenly she realizes she's lost track of it. She looks down at her scanners, [Dodge:4] and the form of the flier lunges from the white clouds - only to miss narrowly. 

Katya's distant enough not to show on her systems anymore. Atleast she'd see if the plane had crashed - it's not, so she should be fine.

---

Spoiler: Hostiles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

---

Here it is. Sorry for the crappily-short turn, Tiruin, I was running out of time.

Also taking suggestions for Note of the Day as I completely forgot about that.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 5!)
« Reply #161 on: September 15, 2013, 06:20:43 am »

'Bunker busters have tried and failed to penetrate Abyssal Vanguard armor. If you see one, get going the other way.'?

Maybe? I dunno how good it is, but I don't know quite how the other species of Ancient behave.
Nice turn though.
Sig! Onol

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 15, 2013, 07:14:28 am »

((Tis' ok, I'm suffering from the same thing. Hope you like my ToSD turn too :p))

OK, OK, TOO CLOSE.
Too close. Ok, relax. It's flying at your 12 o'clock, in sight. Good maneuvering. Damn is that thing ugly.

Alessa took a good whiff of the oxygen as she steadied her hands. Seeing the bugger up close was shocking enough..if the lateral wings were only a bit close by an inch. . .

Smartbomb barrage! One more time! If unsuccessful. . .well, that'll have to wait until next turn.

If successful, head towards Katya's direction--try to spot for any other hostile fliers around and if any are spotted, take em down with the Nexus Cannon: shifting to defensive mode first.

If none are spotted, play a soothing tune of the best music I've downloaded and uploaded to the fighter and follow Katya home. Admire scenery. Pat self on back, figuratively.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 15, 2013, 08:29:01 am »

YAY update, your Individual turns are as large as my turns for all my players sometimes, so I have nothing to complain about

"Well, this may be optimistic, but if my shroud worked, it may have fled from a foe it could not perceive. If it is not that, then it is planning something. Those men don't seem as far gone as I thought, gonna give them a mental checkup just to be sure, but we may be able to bring them home after all. I'm gonna have a headache once this is over, but if they check out, it'll be worth it/"

Scan the men, see if they are still people inside, inform Ribeiro accordingly
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 15, 2013, 08:35:22 am »

"We drove. For the most part. We walked a bit, too. We're here to help. Those raiders... or whatever they are, they aren't quite normal. They're being... well, mind controlled. By a Hybrid. Wanna know how I know? Let me tell you. I'm an Abyssal Hybrid. I can tell from here that their minds are outta whack. And if there's Hybrids other than us three around here... Well, let's just say it won't be pretty. That's why we came. We're more than just civillians, and we want to make sure that the least amount of you... soldiers... dies."

Aaron stared calmly, keeping his gaze level with the soldier. Trying to not come off.. offensively, this time. He was taking a gamble. By telling the soldiers the information he had just found out, maybe they'd trust him... a little bit. Or maybe they'd just open fire on him. Who knows. To him, it was worth a shot, though, so he went ahead and said it.

"We can fight them. We can fight who has tampered with them. In other words... we can be useful. Does the Australian Army have any hybrids like us? Imprisoned ones? 'Cause I think you sure could use some help. Everyone could do with a bit of help these days..."

Deliver speech. Try not to get apprehended by the soldiers. Getting apprehended is a bad thing.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16