Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 9!)  (Read 23243 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 1!)
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2013, 11:08:23 am »

As they approach the town, Aaron scanned for a tall building, or a water tower or something of the like, a tall place. Everybody knows that if you want to overview something, you go to the highest point for the best view. "Find a tall place, we go there. We should at least move with, if not slightly ahead of the soldiers. Well, I'm going to do that." He said as he directed Alex to drive further towards the town. "I say we catch up to the main group. Thomas, if you don't want to come all the way into the town with us, you can try to protect these soldiers here?" He grinned slightly at that sentence, hopefully if the soldiers heard they'd understand that he didn't mean to offend, or imply incompetence on their part. "Whatever you do though, Thomas, we're going ahead into the town to help the main group."

Offer Thomas the choice of staying at the edge of town, while telling Alex to catch us up to the main group of soldiers. Look for a tall building or other high place in particular to direct Alex towards, so we can get a full view of the town, preferably after we make contact with the soldiers.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2013, 02:37:16 pm »

Wulfric takes a long drag from the cigarette before dropping it on the floor and stamping it out as he listens to the General speak, as the details of the mission are laid out he begins to grin until finally the General finishes. Happy about the news he speaks up,

"I must say this makes losing a cigarette not such a big deal, thanks for the good news sir. Would we be held accountable for any training 'accidents' that take place or are we allowed to go all out in testing these new matchboxes the scientists have cooked up General?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2013, 02:58:12 pm »

Wonder how I'd fair against a USMW.

Also, could I request clearance to view the stats of my allies/friends, Thomas and Alex, DHH?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2013, 03:57:08 pm »

"General, let us be reasonable." Alexei answers, his gaze turning to the man. "If I turn my back on this matter, all of the responsibility will rest upon your shoulders. Are you willing to let my organization's full attention and expectations be placed upon you, including the heavy weight of failure in giving them what they want? They are capricious individuals, general. Having me on the case would soothe them and allow you to have a partial scapegoat."

The soldier crosses his arms. "Assistance would be appreciated. Unless, of course, you are willing to be the only one to answer for the investigation and eager to suffer."

Keep on talking.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2013, 05:38:00 pm »

Shit, SHIT!
Get a hold of your self boy! The Spawn are only dangerous to those who lose thier heads,now, find a weapon and kill them!

Alex moved quickly and grabbed several sharp stones off the ground. He pulled back and threw one with all his might.
That fucking hurt ya ugly bastard!

Alex grabs some sharp stones off the ground and throws them at the mutations.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2013, 08:05:45 am »

Huh, I wrote 5/6 of the update before I realized Tiruin hasn't even posted yet. Damn.

@Talarion: I'm sure you'll end up in a combat situation sooner or later, so those statblocks will come. Hmm, that didn't sound as foreboding as I'd hoped. Just an imagine me chuckling evilly while saying that.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 13, 2013, 08:41:30 am »

((Thanks for the updating :P Workload troubles + timezones does not make a ready-to-post Tiruin. Also I know it))

...People? What in the world is the military doing out here? We weren't informed of th- why are there cars?!

Alessa shoved the thought to the side as she shifted her comms. "Katya, we may have a problem. Militia, by the looks of-" ...wait, she's out of range. Great.

In the seconds that followed, her decision to move out of area to investigate the matter weighed against her original objective of gathering information on the Ancient. On that hand, it would be nearly impossible for people to be this close to the creature, unless something either had happened to them or...other silly thoughts, while on the other it could just be of lesser priority compared to completing the mission.

Flying by them would also, in the least probable sense, attract their attention to those other creatures tailing behind--she was sure they were, anyway.

"Well you did say anything, S-Katcha."

Make a quick pass near the artificial vehicles and observe for any readings on them, scan for physical characteristics and take their pictures if possible. Continue moving through the area and keeping all communications open. Move to an area where I can capture more information afterwards, determined by how I see the situation (roll for it. :) )

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2013, 07:56:05 am »

Turn 2
Note of the Day: The Titan 'Arrowback' that rose out of the heart of Tokyo was considered by many an optimal channel for human-Titan communication. The survivors were reportedly close to inventing a way of speaking the Ancient when it waded it into a lake, drowning everyone.
---

Calla
"How many men on that sub?, I cannot sense anything out there friend or foe, it is probably safe to send a chopper out, but weigh the risks anyway I am not infallible" Calla chews on her lip, getting a little anxious. "Now I know we have talked about it before Captain, but you need to learn to shield your mind, I am getting your emotions and I am not even meaning to, look make some time, let me see if I can help you I would feel horrible if a dreamsinger were to affect you, you should come to Raul ... for the same reasons"

Calla just lets her mind wander for a bit, she liked spending time with these two, it helped keep her grounded, remember what she was fighting for and why. Which was getting more and more important as her other side was getting stronger.

"You know, while I am glad we have not seen any attacks recently, I feel kind of guilty about it, we are better able to repel them than many other coastal forts" She lets out a sigh "Probably why they are leaving us alone for now. That or they are building for something big, yeah I know, real cheery thoughts right? Calla lets a little grimace show before falling silent.

Ribeiro goes pale and coughs. 'I... can't promise anything, Calla. I'll see if I have the time.'

Raul is uncharacteristically silent at this as well. He looks uncomfortable, which Calla supposes is understandable. The pair recover when Calla continues, voicing her thoughts on the lack of attacks.

'It's been quiet across the line,' Ribeiro says, crossing his arms. 'Our people think they're just busy somewhere else, maybe Europe. From what I hear, even Central America's seen less full-scale incursions. Still pretty bad there, though...'

He trails off, and Calla can pick out an indistinct face, coloured in worry, in his thoughts. Central America has been a hellish, non-stop warzone since practically the day of the Return. The Deepspawn there are... contained, but mostly just because they are yet to launch a real attack out of the zone. Calla doubts there's a single sane, living human left in the entirety of the area.

He realizes she and Raul are staring and recovers. 'There were thirty men on that sub. I'm not leaving any of them out there,' he says. 'I'm taking a chopper. Sergeant, keep things running here with Cardozo. Calla, do you think you'll be of more use here or out there?'

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Alex Vondgas
Shit, SHIT!
Get a hold of your self boy! The Spawn are only dangerous to those who lose thier heads,now, find a weapon and kill them!

Alex moved quickly and grabbed several sharp stones off the ground. He pulled back and threw one with all his might.
That fucking hurt ya ugly bastard!

Alex grabs some sharp stones off the ground and throws them at the mutations.

[6] If the creature understands him, it gives no sign. Alex looks around from the top of the car for something to throw. The field is even and devoid of any nicely sharp objects, but Alex remembers something he used to great effect before. Crouching down - [6] he sees Theo stir in his seat - Alex puts his hands around the car door and pulls. [4+1=5] It comes off without much trouble to his superhuman strength, metal groaning under his efforts, and [6] Alex lets out a triumphant cry, spinning and letting the door loose.

[Dodge:4-1=3] The piece of sharp-edged metal goes fast. The mutation form seems to see the danger all too late. It tries to push itself up, but it's not even in the air yet when the door slams [BP:1] into its nightmarish head. [Damage:2+1=3] The creature staggers, head snapping from the impact, and falls on its back. Alex hops down to finish the job - [2+1=3] but the creature explodes back into movement. The head has a dark bruise, nothing more - Alex didn't even draw blood. He braces himself for the thing's attack.

[Dodge:5] The mutation form rises into the air with the beating of mighty wings, letting out another screech. [5] Behind Alex, Theo curses and he glances back to see him climb out of the car, seemingly unaffected. And then the flier is upon him, but Alex throws himself to the left and lands rolling. The spawn's vast, heavy bulk whooshes past, only barely passing the car. Theo curses again as the thing's snapping jaws flash past him above.

[2] Alex prepares to attack, but the thing can, unfortunately, fly. He looks around for more things to throw, but the field is stubbornly empty. He supposes he could break the car even more or wait for the creature to make another pass at them, or look in the woods in the direction of the city. Its companion is no longer visible in the sky. Alex is not sure if that's good news or not.

[4+2=6] From the top of the car, Theo draws his pistol and takes aim. He knows just how unlikely he is to do damage, but atleast he's got reach. The heavy weapon booms [Dodge:5-1=4] but the shot goes wide. The creature [1] keeps circling them, no doubt waiting to catch them unprepared.

---
Spoiler: Friendlies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hostiles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mcclay (click to show/hide)

Alexei Zielkov
"General, let us be reasonable." Alexei answers, his gaze turning to the man. "If I turn my back on this matter, all of the responsibility will rest upon your shoulders. Are you willing to let my organization's full attention and expectations be placed upon you, including the heavy weight of failure in giving them what they want? They are capricious individuals, general. Having me on the case would soothe them and allow you to have a partial scapegoat."

The soldier crosses his arms. "Assistance would be appreciated. Unless, of course, you are willing to be the only one to answer for the investigation and eager to suffer."

Keep on talking.

'I am being reasonable,' the general says. He smirks. 'I understand your concern for your job, Mr. Zielkov. I am sure they are as 'capricious' as you say. I, however, do not answer to your people. You will have this body... when it's found, but I do not see why I should allow you to interfere with my investigation. We're stretched thin enough even without an amateur screwing things up.'

He crosses his arms and smiles as if he'd won some great victory.

Spoiler: Caellath (click to show/hide)

Alfonz Wulfric
Wulfric takes a long drag from the cigarette before dropping it on the floor and stamping it out as he listens to the General speak, as the details of the mission are laid out he begins to grin until finally the General finishes. Happy about the news he speaks up,

"I must say this makes losing a cigarette not such a big deal, thanks for the good news sir. Would we be held accountable for any training 'accidents' that take place or are we allowed to go all out in testing these new matchboxes the scientists have cooked up General?

The general's expression doesn't change.

'I expect you to use your common sense,' he says. 'That's all.'

Bannon is the next to speak up. 'Sir, this is awesome and all, but do we get any weapons for this?'

'None.'

'And the Walkers?'

'They will be armed, Bannon, if that's what you mean. I don't have the specifics with me, but I'm confident they will be happy to share them with you.'

Bannon grins and mimes shooting Clay in the face. The general retains his impassive mask.

'Anything else?' Moore asks.

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

Aaron Gray
As they approach the town, Aaron scanned for a tall building, or a water tower or something of the like, a tall place. Everybody knows that if you want to overview something, you go to the highest point for the best view. "Find a tall place, we go there. We should at least move with, if not slightly ahead of the soldiers. Well, I'm going to do that." He said as he directed Alex to drive further towards the town. "I say we catch up to the main group. Thomas, if you don't want to come all the way into the town with us, you can try to protect these soldiers here?" He grinned slightly at that sentence, hopefully if the soldiers heard they'd understand that he didn't mean to offend, or imply incompetence on their part. "Whatever you do though, Thomas, we're going ahead into the town to help the main group."

Offer Thomas the choice of staying at the edge of town, while telling Alex to catch us up to the main group of soldiers. Look for a tall building or other high place in particular to direct Alex towards, so we can get a full view of the town, preferably after we make contact with the soldiers.

Thomas looks confused for a moment. 'What, you think I'm a coward? Is that it? You think I'm just gonna let you two go off on your own? Jesus, Aaron, a few months ago you'd probably gone apeshit and assaulted the soldiers by now. And Alex, you...'

The girl glares at him.

'...you can kick my ass so I'm not going to say anything. But like hell I'm not coming with you. Someone here needs to keep you from doing something stupid.'

Alex grins at that. She needles Thomas a bit and then takes the jeep down a side road. The soldiers at the barrier finally notice them, but don't stop them from moving onwards.

They pass lines of low, dust-stained houses with large, fenced yards. It seems to be the only type of building in this town other than the gas station, though Aaron keeps an eye out for taller buildings. Finding none, he glances at Thomas' surface feelings. He does seem a bit offended, but the moment is gone now. Alex soon sights the next group of military vehicles, guarding the western end of the town. They seem reluctant to look directly at the sea in the distance, though he doesn't read too much into it - the less you look at it, the less you have to think about the things that come from within.

Beyond them, the town continues uphill, the crest of which might allow a good view of the entire place. Judging by the dust some of the vehicles are already moving that way.

These soldiers notice them much sooner. Two of them walk in front of the car and Alex draws to a halt. The soldiers wait and the trio gets out from the jeep.

The first soldier, tanned and with sunglasses, grimaces when he sees them. 'Ah hell... no civilians here, miss. You need to get back to the convoy ASAP.'

The other one, a gangly dark-skinned youth, frowns for a moment. 'Wait, I've seen 'em before. With the, y'know... those scientists.'

'You mean...?' the first one goes again, his eyes widening behind his glasses. Alex meets his gaze and slams her fist into the car door without looking. It crumbles with an impressive groan of metal.

'That's us,' she says. If Aaron's abilities picked out smugness, he's sure the girl would be radiating it right now.

'That's... I can't,' the soldier goes. 'Do you have clearance to be here? I can't let you through otherwise.'

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Alessa T. Tairon
...People? What in the world is the military doing out here? We weren't informed of th- why are there cars?!

Alessa shoved the thought to the side as she shifted her comms. "Katya, we may have a problem. Militia, by the looks of-" ...wait, she's out of range. Great.

In the seconds that followed, her decision to move out of area to investigate the matter weighed against her original objective of gathering information on the Ancient. On that hand, it would be nearly impossible for people to be this close to the creature, unless something either had happened to them or...other silly thoughts, while on the other it could just be of lesser priority compared to completing the mission.

Flying by them would also, in the least probable sense, attract their attention to those other creatures tailing behind--she was sure they were, anyway.

"Well you did say anything, S-Katcha."

Make a quick pass near the artificial vehicles and observe for any readings on them, scan for physical characteristics and take their pictures if possible. Continue moving through the area and keeping all communications open. Move to an area where I can capture more information afterwards, determined by how I see the situation (roll for it. :) )

[5] Alessa turns her plane towards the group of people. They could be survivors from the region - unlikely, and by being here very foolish - or a group from outside. The most likely option is that they're mindless thralls, though the violent crazies reports have spoken of weren't known to use technology. Flying closer, she finds they don't look much like what she'd expect from crazies. The readings she gets are normal enough, revealing heat signs from their bodies and the cars' engines. The equipment wasn't really designed for this detailed scanning, but it all looks normal. Judging anything from the cockpit of a quickly passing plane is not the easiest task in the world and she turns around for another go.

They obviously have spotted her, moving quickly around the cars, getting into cover and... [5] opening fire with small arms. Alessa pulls up, but the weapons are not even near in range. She considers reasons for this when Katya returns to her speakers.

[1] 'Okay, we might not have much longer here,' she says. 'The storm looks like a big one, and I-

There's an explosion of static and Alessa turns to see a vast curtain of black clouds surging in from the sea, throwing their shadow on Katya's plane by the inert Great Mother. A split second later, the world flashes white and a lance of white-hot lightning strikes down from the skies, [Dodge:3] catching Katya's Nexus on the wing. [Damage:3+1=4] Black smoke erupts and the plane turns downwards, diving towards the city. Static still fills the channel.

At the last moment, Katya pulls up. The plane, trailing smoke, moves fast to get away from underneath the clouds. It takes a while before Katya speaks audibly. 'Oh, God,' she says. 'She shot lightning at me. She actually shot lightning at me.'

Alessa's attention remains in the BUKAVAC for a moment later - it seems she's still airborne - [1] but there's movement across the city. Flier forms are erupting from their nests, alerted of prey. She catches sight of dozens of different types, some rising with wings, others resembling organic balloons pulsing the beating of their giant hearts. Several are easily the size of the aircraft. The fighters - most human aircraft, actually - can easily outrun most mutation forms, though, and if it comes to that she's armed for a fight.

The data on the Great Mother is there - if they can get Katya home - but one of the Vanguards seems to have gone underwater, away from their prying eyes, and the other remains unapproached. It's moving slowly in the Old Town, paying them no heed. They'll want to get as much information as they can - but getting killed now would serve no purpose. If it's too dangerous to continue flying, they should go.

---

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

---

((Tiruin's part turned out pretty ehh, sorry about that. I wasn't sure what you wanted to do and just needed to finish this.))
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Their Coming Is At Hand II - an Eldritch Invasion RTD (Turn 2!)
« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2013, 04:41:47 pm »

The soldier narrows his eyes before lowering his head and sighing deeply as if exasperated. He then turns his back and casually takes his coat from the nearby chair, putting his military cap on and glancing back at the general. "The fact it has disappeared in first place is not exactly a testament of competence, general. You may order investigations to start when you please, but I am not subordinated to you either. I will have my own line of pursuit started. Do as you wish and try to beat me to the prize if you are so certain of success."

Without any further words, Alexei simply leaves the base, putting his greatcoat on and checking the map he had snatched somewhere in the building. The next stop would be the local of the disappearance, the slow investigation procedures of morose old men be damned.

Go check the area where the corpse was "kidnapped", interview any guards found there.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2013, 06:09:52 pm »

"As long as we continue to not be attacked, I am mor euseful on that helicopter with you, and I want those men back alive too"   Go with Ribero
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 14, 2013, 07:24:46 pm »

"Well this ought to be fun, I'm gonna love testing out these matchboxes, so lets get started shall we?."

Says Wulfric as he pulls the the pack of cigarettes from his pockets and looks at how many is left.

Onward, time to kick some matchbox ass

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 15, 2013, 01:19:31 am »

"Look, all I know is... if there's anything here, and we're not, you all are probably dead. Or insane, whichever, doesn't matter. We can help." He glanced at the car as he spoke, 'Did she really have to dent the door?', before looking back to the soldiers. "I know for a fact we don't have clearance. We're civillians. But I will say one thing. I've been in a scientists enviroment all my life... labs, wards, you name it. Have you ever been held in captivity like that before? Twenty-six years. That's how long I've lived, that's how long I've been trapped. I know more about what I can do, though. I've been a test subject for all that time, and I know that... well, we're not all the same. These two... well, they're strong yeah. But they can't do what I can do. If I wanted, I could reach into your mind... just like the enemy... and snap it, just like the enemy. But, as you can see, and hopefully as you can tell, I'm not. If you need clearance for us so badly, contact your commanding officer and get it. If you can't, well... say we resisted. I doubt you could stop us even if you WERE trying your hardest, so they won't blame you for it, and we'll continue on helping... with or without clearance."

Speak to the soldier. If he can't secure us clearance, move on through. Do hope he doesn't take offense at the "I could snap your mind" bit.

What more do you need?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 15, 2013, 07:43:52 pm »

((argh-argh-argh-morestuff. >____> I'm so sorry.))

"S-Katcha! Katya! Can you hear me? I'm going back for you!"

Any aviator could relate. Alessa's heart was pounding in her chest; adrenaline rushed in her as she saw the enormity of the situation. The Mother, or whatever anyone else called this spawn-monster, was more than any threat. It was an infestation on the land, as far as she could see.

And continuing on objective was futile in retrospect. Lightning was too much of a direct thought to say otherwise.

Head back to Katya's location, provide assistance
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 02:42:41 pm by Tiruin »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2013, 09:49:21 am »

*cough*, Tiruin, mcclay.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 17, 2013, 01:22:44 am »

Ugh, I'm tired as fuck and I'll edit this shit tomorrow (maybe) but the gist of my action is that Alex thows more shit at the monsters.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16