Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Kerbalnauts RTD  (Read 9663 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbalnauts RTD
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2013, 03:59:16 pm »

I'm going on holiday, so give Jeoff an unfortunate accident and recycle him back into the waitlist for now.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2013, 04:07:24 pm »

Name: Lyle Kirber
Specialty: Vehicle Engineer
Why you should be chosen for KSP, in 100 words or less: When I make things they tend not to blow up upon reaching any velocity whatsoever.
Black lives matter.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2013, 08:21:18 am »

Why you should be chosen for KSP, in 100 words or less: When I make things they tend not to blow up upon reaching any velocity whatsoever.

But if they don't blow up ever....then how do you use rockets? Rockets fly by BLOWING UP. Carefully controlled blowing up mind you, but still :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2013, 01:02:46 pm »

But if they don't blow up ever....then how do you use rockets? Rockets fly by BLOWING UP. Carefully controlled blowing up mind you, but still :P
Actually, they don't. (save from Project Orion). It's merely an extremely rapid combustion.

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2013, 04:03:28 pm »

Actually, they don't. (save from Project Orion). It's merely an extremely rapid combustion.

Ummm... Aren't explosions exreamly rapid combustions?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2013, 04:09:53 pm »

Nope. Not all explosions are combustion, and not all combustion is an explosion.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2013, 04:45:15 pm »

{1}-1-0 - Kirrim Kerman tries to build the largest, most powerful engine he can imagine. It explodes ...
{6}-1=5 - Samus assists Kirrim with his crazy engine. He refuses to acknowledge that anything was wrong with just lighting the fuel on fire as it leaves the tank. Samus' safety precaution of testing it outside saves the facility, but not Kirrim or his team.
{2} - Trowah looks around for something to test, but finds nothing. Not one to stand idle, he draws up a giant fantasy spaceship. It uses both plasma drives and super-explosive bomb drives! His team is awed as he explains his incomprehensible scribbles.
{2} - Sasha designs a device to harness the power of Kerbol! This sheet of metallic foil directs the energy from the star into a piece of meat, eventually cooking it. It's really cheap, too! Sadly, it burns his hotdogs at the test picnic.
{5} - Robert and his team work overtime on a mysterious device. When they are satisfied with it, they secretly unveil it to the other engineers and command staff. To prevent any showoffs from turning it off, the Kerbalnauts are merely told that it is used to make the engines more efficient.

Spoiler: Specs (click to show/hide)

{AUTOFAIL}: Kerbis realizes that he can no longer act.

{5}-1=4 - Jeoff dedicates himself to cutting down the weight of the KR-13C, despite it being as light as the current classification system allows. {5} - :( He succeeds,  {1} - but the ultralight materials he designs greatly reduce the structural integrity and engine safety. {2} - If the weapons are stripped out, it can reach anywhere on the planet with drop fuel tanks ((Available from the military, if you want to accept less than the best)).

Spoiler: Specs (click to show/hide)

Removed from active duty:
Jeoff II, assigned to long-term sympathy training. ((Assigned to the top of the waitlist due to life))

Deaths this turn:
Kirrim Kerman, died trying to make a bigger engine.

The base commander decides to build a contained outdoor testing area in a convenient, freshly-made crater. It might help. (33% chance at saving the design facility if something explodes.)

{1} - A hurricane knocks KSP out of the power grid. Backup generators are available, but limited. -1 {1}s or {2}s next turn.
{5} - KSP funding increased by * for Jeoff's material invention.

Spoiler: Vehicle Designs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hangars (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KN Intel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Special Personnel (click to show/hide)

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 26, 2013, 04:58:46 pm »

R.I.P Kirrim. I knew making you design things as a Kerbonaught would end badly

Aaaaaand... My new character!

Name:Kirrom
Profession: Kerbonaught
Why you should choose me: I am a huge follower of the late Kirrim, and I believe I could get the designs to work with a few tweaks...

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2013, 05:17:55 pm »

Try to engineer an AI for spaceships- unmanned crafts and SAS, anyone?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 06:29:34 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2013, 05:20:53 pm »

AI systems are fairly hard to do. Remote control should work.

Anyway
Considering most power is out, I will start paperwork calculations into a more energetic rocket fuel.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2013, 05:34:22 pm »

Kerbis, refusing to admit his failings, attempts a daring escape plan!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2013, 06:03:51 pm »

Kerbis, refusing to admit his failings, attempts a daring escape plan!
{Autofail} Kerbis is permanently sedated or in tests under close scrutiny by surprisingly competent guards. Make a new character.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2013, 06:29:59 pm »

No nirur, We will bust him out... Believe us.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2013, 06:34:01 pm »

I tried, but just killed a bunch of evil interns.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2013, 06:41:10 pm »

Changing my action...

Organize a small meeting, and attempt to borrow some people's salary to build THIS-

1: Buy a Humvee
2: Buy a flak cannon
3: Combine them somehow (VEHICLE ENGINEER WOOT)
4: Attach some rocket bombs
5: Get ready to blow up some UN and free kerbis.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15