Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Kerbalnauts RTD  (Read 9674 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbalnauts RTD
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2013, 06:50:53 pm »

Name: Sasha Kerblore
Specialty: Systems Engineeer
Why you should be chosen for KSP, in 100 words or less: You already hired and got my brother Murgle killed, might as well, right?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2013, 01:19:07 am »

poke

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2013, 08:15:04 am »

JAB WITH GIANT ROCKET WITH 50 ENGINES
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2013, 04:16:35 pm »

your bump needs MOAR BOOSTERS!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2013, 06:12:25 pm »

JAB WITH GIANT ROCKET WITH 50 ENGINES

[MushroomCloud5120x4096.jpg]

{3} - Kirrim successfully requisitions the Rocket Bomb, programs the flight computer to head in the general direction of the KN capital, and convinces the commander to give the launch order. Due to horrible accuracy, it fails to start global thermonuclear war, but it does (somehow) hit a ship full of KN advertising interns.

Analysis indicates that the Rocket Bomb does NOT have the ability to enter orbit by its own power. The head engineer from that project cannot be sacked in punishment, due to a past industrial accident.

{2} - Samus tries building a Mun rovor, but none of the civilian chassis he buys work. He begins leafing through a catalog from the capitalist KN, confiscated from an intern, but is promptly whacked on the back of the head by the base commander. He is forced to watch as it is set alight, and then cheers at the imprompteu bonfire. The commander grunts noncommitally and wanders off.

{3} - Kerbis tries to commit suicide, but, being under constant surveilance, only ends up partially sedated and moved to a higher security facility.

{4} - Robert and his team design a heavy, high-capacity battery. It's cheap enough, but the unit doesn't have much of a lifespan.

Spoiler: Specs (click to show/hide)

{5} - Trowah uses a stripped down rocket bomb to test the 'Kirrim' parachutes. He notices a few structural flaws that are easy enough to fix, reducing the chances that they'll be ripped off.

Spoiler: Specs (click to show/hide)

Some personnel are removed from active duty for inactivity, making way for new recruits.

Deaths this turn:
Luke, Trowah Sasha - Sacked for excessive pen clicking

The base commander, uncertain of what to do with an entire three *s of spare money, finally decides to upgrade the base security.

{6}, {5} - KSP is assigned a mission! Funding will be increased by *** if it gets a functional spy satellite into stable orbit within five years.
{3} - Spies in the KN report that their space program has launched a rocket out of the atmosphere. It was supposed to be their first orbital launch, but they had problems with maneuvering.

Spoiler: Vehicle Designs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hangars (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KN Intel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Special Personnel (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 02:21:17 pm by Nirur Torir »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2013, 06:24:59 pm »

Assist whoever posts below me
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 07:13:45 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2013, 07:13:03 pm »

You also need to design a lifter, because the rocket bomb isn't available at the moment, and couldn't make orbit anyway.

Begin designing an engine. I want it to have lots and lots of power. I'll call it the Mainsail.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2013, 09:20:42 pm »

Luke, Trowah - Sacked for excessive pen clicking
Wait, why did Trowah get sacked? He tested parachutes!

Assuming tyop:
Find something to test, ideally related to getting the satellite in orbit. Test it. Avoid dying.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2013, 09:59:32 pm »

"Gentlemen, we have a mission!

At moment, we have:

-Three types of engines
-A probe core
-Solar panels
-A spycam
-A communications array

The panels are kind of pricey, so I'm gonna see if I can make better ones. I trust you all will find something within your specialties to do?"

Design Kerblore A1 solar panels, aiming for reduced cost over the current ones available.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2013, 01:20:11 am »

Design the Stability Augmentation System It's a simple gyroscopic system that keeps a rocket pointed in the direction you launched it at. Manual control via radio signals is included.

We won't suffer maneuvering troubles.

Edit: How comes that Squidgen managed to be employed for 5 consecutive turns in a four turn game?
Edit 2: Request budget to be allocated to a parts testing bunker, in order to isolate failed experiments from the rest of the base.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 01:17:04 pm by 10ebbor10 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2013, 08:18:16 am »

Pretty sure Nirur confused the names with someone else.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2013, 08:52:41 am »

Kerbis goes into a soul searching head trip due to the sedatives. In it he flys to the mun to fight mun people, but discovers the mun people are his parents. The entire race are his parents. Reproduction is weird in space.

You know what would be awesome? If we actually created all the parts we are making in the RtD and modded them into KSP
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2013, 12:41:40 pm »

Oops. I'm making parts that are in ksp.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2013, 02:07:03 pm »

Jeoff (the second) tries to decrease the weight of the KR-13C.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2013, 02:23:19 pm »

Paperwork error. Consider yourself re-hired.

Edit: How comes that Squidgen managed to be employed for 5 consecutive turns in a four turn game?
I don't know how to increment.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15