Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Kerbalnauts RTD  (Read 9659 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbalnauts RTD
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2013, 06:27:59 pm »

Name: Samus Kerman
Specialty- Vehicle engineering
Reason to join- If this rocket will explode, then I want on. This is going to be one of the best RTD's ever, as it is going to be about one of the silliest games ever. Yeah. Also, I can make a valuable addition to the team, as I am a total Rocket Sciency- Geek! Woot.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2013, 09:07:38 am »

I am starting to have SO many issues with the game right now.
I made a horribly efficient get-into-orbit-with-a-full-supply-of-fuel-and-hyper-efficient-engines-to-boot probe but it keeps being marred by seemingly random and nearly unexplainable technical issues.
My latest launch attempt had the one less efficient but more powerful engine on my stage 2 horribly fail for literally no reason and pop off the ship. UNEXPLAINED. It didn't even note it in the after-crash log. Also one of my four hyper-efficient-and-totally-symmetrical engines went the same route a few seconds later, making my ship wobble like a drunken cow.
Its incredibly frustrating for my rocket science to fail for NO GODDAMN REASON.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2013, 05:39:29 pm »

((3 sixes, 2 twos, and a one. We're off to an excellent start!

Game has now started. I'm glad the thread didn't die, but please shift and then keep discussions of the video game to this thread, to keep this thread tidy.

Vehicles will be randomly repaired at the base's discretion, repaired/damaged during upgrading, or repaired through direct action. If you want more repairs, convince the base commander to shell out the cash to buy a repair shop for spaceplanes/rockets and a team of dedicated mechanics, or use your budget to put money towards it yourself.))

{6}-1=5 - Sasha Fitz-Jeb Kerman explosively succeeds in the creation of her weapons system! This explosive device is a self-propelled bomb, usally launched from another vehicle. Nobody is quite sure how it works, but it has yet to fail to explode! ((Sorry, vehicle engineer is mainly for whole vehicles. There may be edge cases, but I'm not counting a cluster of boosters as one of them.))

Spoiler: Specs (click to show/hide)

{2}-1=1 - Kirrim Kerman and his team spend an absurd amount of time trying to cut through the red tape to even create a model of his unprecedented 'safety' device. Ultimately, they get clearance, and the model even succeeds on its fifth attempt! Having blew his budget on bureaucracy, he secretly attaches the prototype parachute to Sasha's weapon just before its test, and ends up nearly launching with it. Fortunately, a first-turn-only Deus-ex machina saved his life, in the form of a bothersome pair of Kerbava's Witnesses.

{6} - Leeroy J. Kerbal signs up to patrol the skies with one of KSP's fair condition KR-13B craft. {3} - No contacts during his patrols, but the interceptor nearly dies on him. With quick thinking, he manages a crash-landing on the runway.
+1 to not failing with unsafe or poorly maintained vehicles during launch or landing.
One KR-13B is no longer flyable.

{2} - Robert Von Kerman buys several commercially available cameras, intending to place one in a protective box to survive launch and fortifying it to survive the rigors that surely await in space. One of his underlings had to be hospitalized for rather severely pinching his hand while reassembling one, and none of them survived the immolation test chamber.

{6}-1=5 - Jeoff Kerman miraculously improves the safety of the KR-13B, even repairing the test model in the process! He doesn't even run up the costs, and there probably aren't any downsides to the upgrade.
KR-13C gets plus ** safety over KR-13B.

{1} - Murgle Kerblore creates the Kerblore A1 Small Liquid Fuel Engine. The miniature model incinerates half the design facility, taking his team with it. He only narrowly escapes the blaze through unsurpassed good luck. His team is quickly replaced through a newspaper ad.

KSP uses Leeyor's unused budget to repair the rocket storage facility.

{2} - Hostilities are escalating in the islands south of KSP.
{4} - The Kerbal's Republic of Kerbin partially pays for the repairs of the rocket storage facility.

Spoiler: Vehicle Designs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hangars (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KN Intel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Special Personnel (click to show/hide)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2013, 05:44:40 pm »

Desgin a spaceplane, that can comfortably land where it chooses, give it 2 jets and one rocket
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2013, 05:46:23 pm »

A MINOR SETBACK

Clearly anything that powerful is a smashing success! Just need to refine the design a bit, and the Kerblore A1 Small Liquid Fuel Engine should be not-incinerating things at will!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2013, 06:16:54 pm »

I am assuming that means I did not get a character, then. Very 'vell. I shall 've the Russian announcer 'vrom the 'vradio tower. (Basically, I'm just gonna crack some funny jokes about what happens. Like REAL launches!)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2013, 06:26:25 pm »

'Virst, Sesha Makes a very VERY nice Missile... 'Ve shall see who she 'vlows up...
Then, giving up on my fake 'vrussian accent, Some fool spends hours trying to do something... BUT ONLY ROLLED A TWO. HAHHAHAH.
Leeroy pilots a plane beautifully, so beautifully he lulls the plane to sleep! It doesn't explode or anything (Dark mutters)
Robert decided to go shopping, then almost got one of his minion's hands cut off... I want Sasha to test his missile on him... (Dark Laughter)
Jeoff says "DO IT YERSELF!", Grabs a monkey wrench, and singlehandedly upgrades and fixes the ship leeroy SHOULD have exploded....
Murgle... Well, murgle pretty much blows up... He survived... (Dark muttering)

People be getting angry down south! And then the government fixes something. Whatever. (Sound of chips crunching) Eh... Is this thing still on? Jeff. JEFF. No, not YOU, Jeoff, JEFF!!!! How do I turn it off? Oh, 'ze power button. I knew that...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2013, 06:35:09 pm »

I am assuming that means I did not get a character, then. Very 'vell. I shall 've the Russian announcer 'vrom the 'vradio tower. (Basically, I'm just gonna crack some funny jokes about what happens. Like REAL launches!)
You're on the waitlist. This wouldn't last to turn three if I let everybody in at once. First-turn immortality grace period is now off.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2013, 07:43:17 pm »

Desgin a spaceplane, that can comfortably land where it chooses, give it 2 jets and one rocket
If this is built: Volunteer to test it.

If not: Volunteer to do something else relevant.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2013, 06:48:11 am »

Jeoff will test-fly the improved jet.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2013, 02:56:36 pm »

Frustrated by his failures, Kirrim will try and take the KR-13C interceptor and add his new invention to it. Maybe the plane is so awesome it will fix it for him?

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2013, 03:21:27 pm »

Frustrated by his failures, Kirrim will try and take the KR-13C interceptor and add his new invention to it. Maybe the plane is so awesome it will fix it for him?
"nononononononono. Stick your crazy stuff on someone else's plane. I'm flying this one right now, so I'd rather you didn't mess with it"
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2013, 03:36:08 am »

Continue design attempts of Espionage thingy. Don't attempt construction yet, just design. (Also, work in the civilian gatehouse, I don't trust that damaged design thingy.)
Use the entire budget for the construction of a V1. Request a rename*

*The V-1 was a rocket propelled autonomous plane, not a rocket.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 03:38:56 am by 10ebbor10 »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2013, 06:26:50 pm »

((Random.org has clearly blessed* this game.))
By standard definitions.

{1} - While trying to rig up a system involving the seamless transition between different engine types, Sasha Fitz-Jeb Kerman is accidentally stabbed in a non-fatal spot by a new intern with a shiny KN-made pocket knife. He dies of a complication from the surgery a week later.

{6}-1=5 - Ever the optimist, Murgle continues working on his design amongst the wreckage of the design building. The Kerblore A1 Small Liquid Fuel Engine is not only surprisingly powerful and efficient, but it's cheap, and is quickly labeled the most reliable rocket engine on the planet. It's only downside is its erratic burn rate and lack of any maneuverability to speak of.

Spoiler: Specs (click to show/hide)

{1} - Unable to test fly an incomplete design, Leeroy J. Kerbal begins reading up on KR-13B maintenance manuals. A few days later, an intern asks for help repairing the destroyed KR-13B. They make good progress for a few hours, but while the intern is out getting refreshments, the pile of scrap explodes. Leeroy does not survive, and the runway now has a new crater near it.

{1} - Jeoff Kerman decides to take the freshly upgraded KR-13C out for a test run. Most of the flight goes great, and he radios in his excitement about the new craft's absolute superiority. Sadly, his landing gear malfunctioned, and he slammed into the ground at 200 miles per hour. An irritated intern throws aside his book on landing gear, yells about a waste of time, and storms off, leaving the compound. The wreck is unrecoverable, and Jeoff does not survive.

{5}-2=3 - Kirrim Kerman creates a new prototype in record time, and sabotages the KR-13C secretly improves the KR-13C the night before Jeoff's test flight. He's not sure how well it did, since it didn't deploy or survive the crash.

{6}-1=5 - Robert Von Kerman and his team claim the gatehouse as they work on blueprints for his advanced orbital camera. Work is very cramped, but they claim success.
+2 to building it
V1 renamed to Rocket Bomb.
Rocket Bomb lacks the fuel to de-orbit.
Rocket Bomb built.

Deaths this turn:
Sasha Fitz-Jeb Kerman
Leeroy J. Kerbal
Jeoff Kerman

KSP fixes the design facility and repairs/upgrades the remaining KR-13B.

The KSP welcomes its new personnel, please review the personnel roster. ((Deaths have been recycled back to the waitlist.))

{3} - The KN have moved a carrier group to support their imperialistic ambitions in the islands south of KSP.
{5} - In response, the KRK move two of their own carrier groups in for support, and, in recognition of KSP's work, donate two KR-13Cs to the program. They will increase the KSP's funding if they are both flown in support of the potential conflict.

Spoiler: Vehicle Designs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hangars (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KN Intel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Special Personnel (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 08:34:31 pm by Nirur Torir »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2013, 06:29:37 pm »

Welp time to post a new character

Name: Sasha Fitz-Jeb Kerman II
Specialty: (Systems Engineer, Vehicle Engineer, or Kerbalnaut. -1 to tasks unrelated to the chosen profession.)
Why you should be chosen for KSP, in 100 words or less: Because the blood of Jebediah Kerman flows in me, also because I believe that risks must be taken to ensure that explosions fill the night sky, failing explosions a mission to the Mun or to build a space station are decent second choices, also I must avenge my parent
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15