Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Wartorn (The lone isle SG)  (Read 4274 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Wartorn (The lone isle SG)
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2013, 08:49:50 am »

split elves into 2 groups, pikes into 2 groups and add mages to engis
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2013, 08:54:12 am »

That would work too.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2013, 08:59:13 am »

Also our general strategy in mu opinion (if you think differently lemme know) is to have pikes on the flanks to protect from cavalry with the guardians in the center and in the rear the engineer group and the archers, If we have time we use the engineers to make our position harder to assault, and mainly use the elves to kill things while the melee protects them
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2013, 09:04:30 am »

I was also thinking to have the elf archer groups scout.
Highly Opinionated Fool

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2013, 09:06:41 am »

That is good, they are fast enough that they should be able to get back to the defensive line without too much hassle

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2013, 09:07:50 am »

Yah, thats also why I said have three groups with the extras with the pikes, so that the pikes can have someone acting as a sniper or a messenger and so that we can scout and still have two groups guarding us.
Highly Opinionated Fool

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2013, 09:10:12 am »

but that would leave the archers with the pikes vulnerable when the pikes move to intercept cavalry

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2013, 09:10:37 am »

True...
Highly Opinionated Fool

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2013, 09:37:17 am »

The ship sails within the hour, and as land slips out of sight the captain, a deeply tanned human, turns to you to tell you about your destination.
 ‘Now we’re heading to the southern continent, as I’m sure you know. the plan is to call into the port of Kestal, a drowish town. They set it up as a place for all of their kind who want to throw off the stigma of their race, so it serves well enough. Last I heard from them, they were having a touch of trouble with the Men of Vardas - you may want to watch your step around there. They’re probably the biggest power down here, and they sure know it. Claim to be descended from the world’s first mage, but all I know is it makes them bloody arrogant bastards.
 Anyway, they’re at war with most everyone, all the time. So they have some of the best soldiers you’ll find. If I was you, I’d stay out of their way.
 The rest of them down here aren’t nearly so bad. Mostly Men, Drow, Orcs, and Ogres. There’s a smattering of the other races round the coasts, but inland less so. Drow will most likely join you if you’ve got the coin, but little else. Men will do as men do. The orcs will help you if you help them. Ogres are most likely just to club your head in - the ones we get in the city are the ones smart enough to get away from the ones here, so watch your step.
 Locally though, you got the port, of course. Couple of days further south you’ll hit the foothills of mountains. The ogres tend to like it up there, so be careful. To the east there are woods mostly, and if you keep heading on through them you’ll eventually hit Varden territory. West will simply skirt the mountains, take you through a couple of Dwarven cities on the sea. ‘Course, we’re heading in from the north now.
 ‘part from that, there’ve been rumours of strange shadowy creatures and monsters all throughout. Hell, someone even said they saw a dragon last time we were here. Imagine!
 But anyway, enough gossiping, why don’t you grab some rest. Long trip ahead.’

The ship pulls into harbour a week later, the journey passing almost without incident. kestal is a smallish town, though evidently large enough to have it’s own blacksmith from the hammer blows that ring out throughout the night. A short way up the coast you can see the glow of campfires, though the captain can offer no explanation. The villagers themselves seem to stay out of your way, and who wouldn’t avoid an armed regiment in times like these?
 The elder however, does come out to greet you, and directs you to camp your men outside the town for now. He invites you and Rylath into the hut, and sits you down on low stools to eat. After the meal, a simple meat and potato stew,
he asks you if there is anything you would like to know.

(( Birthday's tomorrow so I'm not gonna force feed you a quest :P ))

Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2013, 01:03:10 pm »

Ask whats with the campfires to the north, ask if they need any help. any at all, hell, acting as cops may be good enough.
Highly Opinionated Fool

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2013, 06:56:58 am »

‘Those fires? Soldiers from the Varden empire. ‘Tax collectors,’ they call themselves. Basically they've decided this is their land, and that as we’re Drow we have no right to it for free. Apart from that things have been surprisingly quiet. I mean, there’s a nest of dire rats out of town that are stealing our supplies, but that shouldn't be a problem unless we’re sieged. The local hunter even joked about training them.
 Ogre season is still a few weeks off, and the soldiers should probably help us then if they’re still hanging around. No one really likes the ogres. We have a few kobolds living out of our warehouses, but they’re no trouble and don’t know we know about them. We don’t really have the crime rate for you to work as guards unfortunately.’
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2013, 09:52:34 am »

Well, shall we send the archers to get the rats?
Highly Opinionated Fool

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2013, 11:42:36 am »

‘You may want to be careful now. A dire rat can put up quite a fight, and you definitely don’t want to be bitten by one. The smaller one’s come up to a man’s waist. The nest is about an hours walk out of town, a touch less if lightly provisioned. There’s a lot of them in there though. maybe about twenty adults, and gods know how many kids.’

Sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2013, 01:00:00 pm »

Oh joy. Well, lets all go get them.
Highly Opinionated Fool

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2013, 10:32:52 am »

Luckily, the path through the forest is well worn, and gives good passage for your group. it takes a touch over an hour until you crest a hill and see the nest on the horizon. It sits with one side to a low ledge, a drop of maybe 3 metres, the rest to an open clearing. light forest lies between you and it.
 In the nest itself you can see around ten adults, and one other, significantly larger than the rest. A small number, maybe half a dozen, shapes - smaller than the adults - cluster around the large adult.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4