Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 7 Days to Die  (Read 1859 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
7 Days to Die
« on: August 07, 2013, 03:30:22 pm »

Was amused to see there appears to be no threads about this upcoming game yet.

It reached its primary funding goal on Kickstarter yesterday, and appears to be about a year from open release, with about a week of Kickstarter left to go

'Described as "an open world, voxel-based, sandbox game blending the best elements of FPS, Survival Horror, Tower Defense and Role Playing Games," 7 Days to Die casts players in the role of a survivor trapped in a zombie infested world where they must loot, mine, craft, build, grow, and fight their way through each day.'

Game caught my eye and I'm looking forward to playing it.  Decided to be a 'Sunrise Survivalist' backer, so I'll get an alpha copy of the game just after the middle of the month, and if there's no reason not to, thinking of making a lets play about it.

http://www.insidemacgames.com/news/story.php?ID=22148
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 7 Days to Die
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 05:57:56 pm »

God damn you to bring such cool game here... i now know i will not be able to get that alpha access thing because im broke! :(

But i do want that game!!!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 06:00:01 pm »

God damn you to bring such cool game here... i now know i will not be able to get that alpha access thing because im broke! :(

mmm.... Does that mean you're hoping I don't do a lets play of it, so to not torment you further/longer?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 06:04:52 pm »

mmm.... Does that mean you're hoping I don't do a lets play of it, so to not torment you further/longer?
*cough* send me a copy ill play with ya :P

Hell man its your fun you do what you want with it :) I simply wished i had the chance to learn about if before so i would get a copy for myself :P
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 07:54:00 pm »

"an open world, voxel-based, sandbox game blending the best elements of FPS, Survival Horror, Tower Defense and Role Playing Games,"

Well, doesn't it just tick all the boxes.

Call me skeptical but I'll wait for release.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 08:50:23 pm »

Well there is already a few video about the game and some of them are even let's play. So far he seem to tackle quite a few of these boxes already and in my book could even be called playable even if its just to have a blast with your friend for an evening.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 09:40:53 pm by jocan2003 »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 07:16:25 pm »

A bump just to say that the game's got about 39 hours to go before Kickstarter's over.  There over 8,000 people getting alpha access, so I'm not sure I'll be able to download my copy this Friday unless they have prepared for the onslaught, but definately looking forward to the game once I have it.  Still planning to do a letsplay of it too.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 03:44:01 am »

So the kickstarter met all of its stretch goals, and the Devs stumbled around very briefly getting organized enough to get everyones' keys out and game smoothly downloading.

Doesn't seem like it's a real problem; Kickstarter closed Friday and two days later their forums have calmed from a screaming wash of frantic confusion to the happy scramble of many players playing and many will-be players now believing their turn will soon come.

Some people are still waiting for a key and some others struggle with the download, but I have mine and have started a lets play in it.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=130093.0

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 04:17:52 am »

My brother bought into the alpha, and I don't think he got his key yet. Not that he's ever gonna let me touch it :P

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 12:15:59 am »

ptw
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.