Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]

Author Topic: Heirship: A Suggestion Game  (Read 29348 times)

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heirship: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #435 on: October 26, 2013, 12:52:06 pm »

Tug on Luther's shirtsleeve and quietly make our way back to town. No good comes of speaking out here.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
Re: Heirship: A Suggestion Game -- Putting the Lol in Lollardy
« Reply #436 on: October 26, 2013, 03:56:27 pm »

All's Fair -- Part VIIe

Sir Luther matches the preacher's scarlet visage, hue for hue, as he glares wrothly across the mob. You have a very bad feeling about what could happen here. Yet when you tug at Luther's shirtsleeve, his anger is superceded by concern, and he conducts you quickly and quietly away from that charged atmosphere. The two of you make your way back toward the town from the south. Along the way, you fall in with some peasants, and Luther probes them about the radical friar. They look guilty, finally confessing that they did in fact stop to watch his fiery speech out of boredom. They give his name as Jacob Boule and swear that, in their opinions, he must be completely demented to come here, because the lives of the local common folk have never been better than now. For your own part, you aren't entirely sure what that screaming red-faced preacher was going on about, but he certainly appeared to harbour no love for chivalry and knighthood. That cements your very low opinion of him.

When you reach the southern gatehouse of Feroshire, it is late afternoon. Due to both lying in the same direction, you can check out the tent city of visiting knights on the way to possibly catching Mother still in the throes of her shopping. But practicing for the mummery would require your pony and equipment brought out, and the rest of the daylight devoted to training.
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 26, 2013, 04:27:57 pm »

We should probably practice... we can watch the Knights when they joust and such.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 26, 2013, 07:15:07 pm »

We should probably practice... we can watch the Knights when they joust and such.

+1

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 26, 2013, 07:17:21 pm »

Sounds like a plan.

We should also think long and hard about what the preacher said.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Plato Play-Doh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 26, 2013, 09:18:14 pm »

We should show the people our valor firsthand somehow. Prove that there IS a place for knighthood. I'm not sure how yet, but we need to think of something...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 26, 2013, 09:27:17 pm »

Somehow, we must prove them wrong.

At this age, our first thought would probably be to go to all the evil knights being so cruel to the people and challenge them to duels befor eloping their heads off.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 27, 2013, 03:54:00 pm »

All's Fair -- Part VIIf

In front of the southern gatehouse, and the Countess' viewing gallery, stands a wooden stage broad and sturdy enough to bear a hundred men, the edges trimmed by flimsy walls and ramparts. Inside this bordure, dozens of plaster stage props have combined to depict a well-columned and amply-arched metropolis in miniature. The architecture is nothing that Curbiston or Feroshire has accustomed you to seeing, and Luther says it could look a little like the King's capital of Fallsbury. He adds that the props are very delicate and you shouldn't touch them. Twenty of these props are actually booths, fashioned like ornate houses in that foreign style, and large enough to contain a small child. There are four such in particular that stand out for size and for care in their decoration, booths which have the words FARMER, CRAFTSMAN, MERCHANT, and PRIEST stamped into their plaster facades. In one corner of the stage is an even larger booth shaped like a tower, and that has KNIGHT carved above it.

Luther rouses a bored guard out of a nearby tent, who pulls out caches of uniforms and plaster lances from under the stage, helping you dress up while Luther fetches your pony from the stables. You recite your lines at the empty rows of benches in the viewing box. Your voice seems hopelessly small in comparison to the sky it must fill and stands that it must reach. Some foot traffic passing through the gate stops to watch, and your voice begins quaver. However, you can at least take comfort in remembering all your lines.

You are relieved when Luther appears with the pony, and you spend a good hour snapping plaster lances against Luther's fur-clad body. The lances are mostly hollow, and readily collapse in a billowing cloud of chalk upon striking. When supper nears, Luther is caked with so much chalk that he could be mistaken for a ghost, and you are fairly dusted yourself.

You are about to retire to clean yourself, when the sounds of heavy wagons rolling up the road catches your attention. The southern gate has been closed to heavy traffic due to its role in the festivities.

To follow soon, a blurb introducing an old companion from Lordship. Then you go to dine at the Great Feast. To speed things up, you can tell me in advance where you wish to dine: next to your mother as the Count, where you'll hear some politics, or near your merry mates as a Child, where they'll share their experiences.

The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 27, 2013, 04:09:05 pm »

Some say that knowledge is power. On the other hand, some say that hitting people with swords is power.  On the third hand, some say that manipulating people subtly to your own ends is power.
They're all wrong. Power equals power. Crazy, huh?

Anyways...
Locate a place to carefully get a look at the wagons. If they look particularly notable, consider getting the others so we can investigate this as a group. Share the load and the glory.
Sig

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 27, 2013, 08:06:00 pm »

The gamer in me is interested in the politics, but the roleplayer in me knows the only answer for a six year old can be... kid's table!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 27, 2013, 10:08:14 pm »

I wonder... What other places are there to sit? Surely we can sit anywhere we wish...

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 27, 2013, 11:50:35 pm »

Let's wait until we can find out who and what is in the wagons.
Some say that knowledge is power. On the other hand, some say that hitting people with swords is power.  On the third hand, some say that manipulating people subtly to your own ends is power.
They're all wrong. Power equals power. Crazy, huh?

Anyways...
Locate a place to carefully get a look at the wagons. If they look particularly notable, consider getting the others so we can investigate this as a group. Share the load and the glory.
Also, +1
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 06, 2013, 02:36:23 am »

What happened? is this dead? I'm quite disappointed....
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 06, 2013, 04:14:08 am »

Yes, and general rule of thumb is to respect the dead. Please don't necro. You got my hopes up.  :'(
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 06, 2013, 09:14:24 am »

Yes, and general rule of thumb is to respect the dead. Please don't necro. You got my hopes up.  :'(
+1
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]