Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30

Author Topic: Heirship: A Suggestion Game  (Read 29439 times)

Plato Play-Doh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heirship: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #255 on: August 25, 2013, 08:36:48 am »

I think earlier I kinda sudo-suggested the Knights of the Keep. I think we should ask the men, particularly Hammy and Cadmon, what they think.

Fighting the street gangs and cutpurses isn't an idea that could even be plausibly attempted or considered, let alone completed or survived. Once Harry's mischief has been sorted out, we stand vigil over our domain, hearing grievances perhaps, in a way it's almost like holding court. Good training for when we come into our own. And obviously we continue drilling, slowly but surely keep begrudgingly learning our letters when we aren't able to slip out. In a few years, we can start standing in on court proceedings. Then, we'll see the difficulty faced by petitioning commoners, and perhaps then we would plausibly seek to help them out. At that time, our levies will be better trained, better organized, and more capable of dealing with the miscreants. It's a win-win. For now, stick with what we've got.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 25, 2013, 09:17:45 pm »

okay find when were older and our levies know how to fight we'll go hit the streets. Again gerv my vote is to fight fairly and do our best at EVERYTHING. Also see  if we can convince an adult to referee the match for safety.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 25, 2013, 09:19:25 pm »

okay find when were older and our levies know how to fight we'll go hit the streets.
Why?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 26, 2013, 07:24:31 am »

To get a reputation across the city that way when we do come to power people know what not to do. Plus if you were an enemy agent trying to incite agitation and the whole city was like "heck no the count's known to crackdown hard on crime".

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 26, 2013, 07:40:40 am »

As noted, at this age we're not really aware of the surrounding city. As far as I can see, we're not likely to find out about what we'd be "fixing" until we're too old to do stuff like that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Plato Play-Doh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 26, 2013, 08:33:48 am »

As noted, at this age we're not really aware of the surrounding city. As far as I can see, we're not likely to find out about what we'd be "fixing" until we're too old to do stuff like that.

We could go out in a few years to crack down on cutpurses and the like when we get old enough to sit in on court proceedings, but not old enough to reside over them. We would find out about the hardship the people are facing, and as a valiant knight, we will see ourselves as having a duty to aid them. At that point, why wouldn't we? I don't, however, think that, in-character, trying to put on a show for the townsfolk would be our reason for acting, though out-of-character that is a legitimate reason why we should.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 26, 2013, 08:53:26 am »

I just don't know if personally doing it is the wisest thing for a young Count to do, even when we are older. Seems like a lot could go wrong with very little upside for us.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 26, 2013, 08:56:41 am »

I just don't know if personally doing it is the wisest thing for a young Count to do, even when we are older. Seems like a lot could go wrong with very little upside for us.
Indeed - being the mascot-commander, that someeeetimes also grabs a thug with his team of personal guards will do us about the same good. Only without the risk of a cutthroat doing his buisness on us. Or some (not all that, to be honest) enterprising fellows sacking us for a ransom. No, the whole idea is not as good as it sounds.

Plato Play-Doh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 26, 2013, 09:08:57 am »

Sooooo...We don't actually want to be brave and valorous? Think about this in-character for a minute: would this kid just ignore the problems of his people? Would he decide not to because it is unsafe? Or would he rally his men, climbing out over the walls to get out into the city if the guards won't let him leave? This is our dragon, let's try not the be the proud and boastful knight that let the princess die because he was craven. Either way, this is a conversation for a few years down the road, let's save it until then.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 26, 2013, 09:10:16 am »

For the present, because he's ignorant of them.

In the future, because he realizes that he can't do anything about them.
Sig

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 26, 2013, 10:18:30 am »

Alright fine but one more question can we stop being RW christian and go back to unspecified religion in the game? it just seems less problematic.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 26, 2013, 10:19:08 am »

Alright fine but one more question can we stop being RW christian and go back to unspecified religion in the game? it just seems less problematic.
+1

Plato Play-Doh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 26, 2013, 10:29:15 am »

Why bother? It's not like it's caused any problems up to this point, and religion would be a pretty significant aspect of people's lives in this time period. It's easier than making up a new religion with its practices and teachings from scratch. If people start arguing over religion, then it should be stopped, but I highly doubt that this will occur.

I guess what I'm saying is: It hasn't been problematic at all, so why try to reduce the problems to less than 0? Why fix something that isn't broken?

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 26, 2013, 10:38:00 am »

I too would prefer a fantasy religion. it gives more flexibility and makes discovering things about the religion a thing. but these things are up to the writer really.

anyway... fair fighting, with an adult (maybe Luther?) to referee and keep sticks out of eyes. We can do a simple melee, a wrestling match, maybe a mock battle? Ham and Cal will lead the noble defence of the land, while we role act a bandit leader. Kids who defend get the honour to defend the imagenary homeland, and kids who play the bad guys get the honour to fight alongside us.

but maybe we need to be drilling/playing a bit more to get a hang how to safely beat the crap out of eachother before we try a mock battle.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 26, 2013, 10:45:03 am »

Why bother? It's not like it's caused any problems up to this point, and religion would be a pretty significant aspect of people's lives in this time period. It's easier than making up a new religion with its practices and teachings from scratch. If people start arguing over religion, then it should be stopped, but I highly doubt that this will occur.

I guess what I'm saying is: It hasn't been problematic at all, so why try to reduce the problems to less than 0? Why fix something that isn't broken?
[/quote]

For now but i just want to keep trolls with as little gas as possible to start flame wars like the last thread. Remember just the fact that we have a new discussion of this awesome game is a miracle so we should do our best at ALL TIMES to keep it from being burned by stupidity.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30