Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30

Author Topic: Heirship: A Suggestion Game  (Read 29457 times)

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heirship: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #195 on: August 22, 2013, 02:38:54 pm »

I still don't quite understand what that was about, but I am sticking with my suggestions, which were a +1 of Plato's...

Plato Play-Doh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 22, 2013, 06:55:06 pm »

As for the book ask mother who the count was and show her the book. ((I want an honest character dammit)). An mal I disagree on being the spitting image of our dad and step out of his shadow/becoming our own man while respecting dad's way of doing things.

As such take over the bully gang and then unite all the other gangs/social circles through force. Then becoming a benevolent ruler like our dad.

As for finding jack screw it there's a reason he couldn't come out so let it be!

Why must we take it over by force? They like us well enough, but we aren't quite like them. No, we're not exactly like our father, but if you actually look at the original Lordship, specifically the stats of Samuel Stone, he wasn't actually a great warrior. Tactician? Yes. Fighter? About average.

Isaac doesn't know that, though. He's grown up to at least somewhat exaggerated tales of his Father's prowess and courage, and that hyperbole is the man that he would want to emulate. Plus, any young noble would want to be a brave knight, protecting the innocent, all that. I say our gang of knightly young boys fights against the bullies. Narratively, having them as rivals would make our formative years much more interesting, and it works as a good way to build the character. From an in-character, non metagamey perspective, we would want to fight them, not join them. Knights don't associate with thugs, and that's all these bullies are. He can learn to be more practical (read: lose the naivety of believing in fairytale knights in shining armor) later, but a young child, at least, would certainly think this way.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 22, 2013, 07:18:02 pm »

((I'm on phone so expect mistakes))

Convincing argument I have to say buti do want (now that
I think about it meta-gaming perspective) a evil/not so nice figure around. But maybe your
idea is better but we better fight this bully leader head on first chance we get.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 22, 2013, 07:23:19 pm »

As for the book ask mother who the count was and show her the book. ((I want an honest character dammit)). An mal I disagree on being the spitting image of our dad and step out of his shadow/becoming our own man while respecting dad's way of doing things.

As such take over the bully gang and then unite all the other gangs/social circles through force. Then becoming a benevolent ruler like our dad.

As for finding jack screw it there's a reason he couldn't come out so let it be!

Why must we take it over by force? They like us well enough, but we aren't quite like them. No, we're not exactly like our father, but if you actually look at the original Lordship, specifically the stats of Samuel Stone, he wasn't actually a great warrior. Tactician? Yes. Fighter? About average.

Isaac doesn't know that, though. He's grown up to at least somewhat exaggerated tales of his Father's prowess and courage, and that hyperbole is the man that he would want to emulate. Plus, any young noble would want to be a brave knight, protecting the innocent, all that. I say our gang of knightly young boys fights against the bullies. Narratively, having them as rivals would make our formative years much more interesting, and it works as a good way to build the character. From an in-character, non metagamey perspective, we would want to fight them, not join them. Knights don't associate with thugs, and that's all these bullies are. He can learn to be more practical (read: lose the naivety of believing in fairytale knights in shining armor) later, but a young child, at least, would certainly think this way.

Well said, +1

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 22, 2013, 10:52:18 pm »

My vote is for Little Lord Fencepost. We should look for ghosts inside shelter after dark, and show the book to Mother. Maybe we could get a gang together for some more refined rough play, swordsmanship and all that. They would join us at the barracks, and we could spar and joust and stuff. Once we come into our own, we can knight them and they'll be our equivalent of the Knights of the Round Table. Well, them and Ludda, of course. Hammy seems like he'd be willing to join in, so we've already got one!

+1 to this. I like the idea of forming a band of young Knights, much more dignified than the wrestling rif-raff... no need to wrestle when you've got steel in your hands.

I'm worried about showing the book to mother, but it comes from OOC knowledge, that Aaron Foles was a drunken lout, and I worry that mother will remove the book from our possession... but, as I said, there's really know way for us to know that in character.

And yes, I think we should continue to explore the crawl spaces, looking for ghosts ostensibly, while we are still small enough to do so. Might hear something interesting while we're at it.
+1, but we should tie a string to our foot s we don't ge lost.

I like this. Plus, facing fears is key. The first thing a god masters is itself.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 23, 2013, 05:39:45 am »

Training a group of young followers, confronting fears by exploring, and giving the book to mother. Those will be the year's orders.

The "will to power" is very strong in this thread. Here I was, thinking of the things the different group leaders could teach you, and you were plotting to overthrow them all!  It won't happen without provoking some reactionary challenges from the childish-powers-that-be. But I like it, though.

Any clarification on how to proceed with giving the book to mother? Different times could produce wildly different results. She is busy half the day and tired the rest. Also, the courtiers are waiting on her unless she is just waking up or readying for bed, but they are sufficiently aware of you now to never impede your access.

The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 23, 2013, 06:43:08 am »

Let's try the morning, because... why not?

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 23, 2013, 07:16:08 am »

I don't mean to be obtuse, but before I write anything about this, I would like a little blurb with details about how you see approaching Marna with this book. I am not willing to make assumptions. 
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 23, 2013, 08:05:13 am »

How about we tell her that Brother Herman told us this was a book written by a Count. Since she is a Countess, and we will be a Count one day, we want her help to read it and help us understand how to be a good leader.

Plato Play-Doh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 23, 2013, 08:17:17 am »

How about we tell her that Brother Herman told us this was a book written by a Count. Since she is a Countess, and we will be a Count one day, we want her help to read it and help us understand how to be a good leader.
+1

Also I feel that at some point, we should say something to the effect of: "I'm curious about all of these little scribbles on the page, and the map that I found inside it, but Brother Herman is soooo boring, and he refused to help me read it anyway!"

Let her know that we don't like our teacher, while simultaneously asking about the book. Perfect!

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 23, 2013, 10:49:44 am »

Roleplay III: Idyll Hands

As you lean back against the cool stones of the castle wall and take in the bustle and play happening all around you in the courtyard on this warm, idyllic spring day, your eyes close and your mind drifts lazily away to scenes from the idylls of chivalry that you have heard sung by the bards. Perfect days, like this one; perfect knights, like father; and a perfect society in which the noble and the just ruled fairly over the commons, the unrighteous were overthrown, and the weak protected. Your eyes open again, and the day remains every bit as sunny as before you shut them, but now a shadow has fallen across your mind's eye and you perceive the imperfections of the world around you. 

Here you descry Cadmon and his boys holding other children down and making them eat grass, over there you discern snickering Harry and his pack stealing the clothes of a bathing man, and even Queenie makes a bastard child cry after excluding him from her coterie of "good" children. Much is amiss in this state of affairs among the children, and the perfect day shines on an imperfect little society, all because this little society lacks a perfect little knight.

Your progress toward the stables is the determined strut of a man about to change the status quo. Entering the stables, you bid Keddin to saddle your pony and fetch your lance.

"Th' Little Lord fancies a tiltin' at the quatrain today eh? Nice day fur that, i' faith." Keddin draws with his country accent, as he saddles your pony.

"No, Keddin, today I fancy overthrowing the unjust and the ignoble, bringing perfection to this realm."

"Aye, and a nice day fur that, too, i' good faith" He responds as he hoists you up into the saddle. As your steed clomps out into the courtyard, it occurs to you from watching troops at drill that you will first need a doughty serjeant to hold the troops in line.

Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 23, 2013, 11:18:58 am »

I have taken a liking to Hammy, perhaps he would make a good right hand man. Needs to get in shape, perhaps, but he seems our closest confidant.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 23, 2013, 11:26:17 am »

I have taken a liking to Hammy, perhaps he would make a good right hand man. Needs to get in shape, perhaps, but he seems our closest confidant.

He is quite cunning. It is more of a good trait, than like-able in itself, but I agree with trying to win him over for this.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2013, 11:37:00 am »

He is quite cunning. It is more of a good trait, than like-able in itself, but I agree with trying to win him over for this.
And his kitchen privleges will be helpful in recruiting others.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2013, 01:04:45 pm »

Roleplay III -- Part 2

You kick the pony into a trot and guide it toward the kitchens, which are set in a small stone annex off the Keep. For a variety of reasons including his kitchen privileges and cunning, you decide Hammy would be the best captain, although he is quite out of shape.

Inside the building the air is oppressively hot like a furnace, and you find that Hammy has already been enlisted into the task of helping his father render the lard for supper's batch of meat pies. His hands and arms are slick with grease, and his brow with sweat from the stirring the bubbling vat. When you talk to him of being your captain, he eagerly agrees if only you can convince his father. His father is supervising another servant boy stirring the gravy.

"It'll never thicken if you don't stir it faster!" He roars at the boy as you approach.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30