Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30

Author Topic: Heirship: A Suggestion Game  (Read 29424 times)

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
Re: Heirship: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2013, 12:56:11 pm »

Sorry, didn't catch that, Playdoh! I should have waited longer before starting to type. Hopefully though this suffices, since the attic, while a good enough hiding spot upto a certain point, had one fatal flaw that made discovery unavoidable once someone started looking there.

That's fine. We should've counted on the dust betraying us!

I'm curious what's in the boxes and chests, we should look in there. After that, go help with searching.
Maybe once those are done, we could try and figure out what we did wrong? Well, besides the dust and hiding in the obvious hiding place. Instilling thoughtfulness in ourself would be a good idea I think.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2013, 01:06:14 pm »

The search roll was two sixes in a 3d6, so that's really good, but unfortunately I can feel myself becoming incoherent. Wanted to finish today, but... to be continued tomorrow...
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2013, 01:29:19 pm »

Look  for other boys in the area of the attic. You heard footsteps there.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2013, 07:57:17 am »

Roleplay II -- Part 5
Look around of course! Exploration should never stand in the way of childish games
I'm curious what's in the boxes and chests, we should look in there.
Instilling thoughtfulness in ourself would be a good idea I think.
Look  for other boys in the area of the attic. You heard footsteps there.

"Hah! Now for Jack and Goswin! I am coming, you two!" Hammy stomps off downstairs, but many children remain behind to help you up and to restore some of your dignity.

Other children are giggling and slapping the streaks of dust off your tunic and hose, meanwhile you curse yourself inwardly for not being observant enough to notice the thick dust on the floor, nor the obvious footprints that you were leaving behind. You make a mental note to pay more attention to your surroundings from now on. Starting with this very room, in fact. You are quite determined that you will prove your newfound insightfulness by noticing every single detail about this room.

The attic is a long dark cavern, lit only by dusty beams of light from the iron gates and from a few shuttered windows. It is a vault of heavy wooden timbers, as attics often are, and it has three brick chimneys piercing through it. There are indeed spiders and webs everywhere, a thick layer of filth and vermin droppings over everything, and no sign that anyone has come this way in years. Your powers of observation turn to the storage.

Near you, the heap of junk has been fully exposed by your botched escape and now is revealed to be... a heap of junk. Moose and stag heads, fur pelts, a dozen or more old paintings lying stacked on each other up to your chest, one other painting of a vaguely familiar-looking lady is leaning against the stack and facing an old mahogany chair. At the foot of the chair, there's a clutter of old wine bottles filled only with dust and mice nests these days. On the other side of the chair, there's a stack of old books.

One of the children who followed Hammy up to the attic, Gervaise L'ecrivain, the precocious and stunningly handsome young son of a court scribe, walks over to the stack of books and proudly demonstrates his knowledge of letters by picking up one of the books and reciting aloud. A-A-R-O-N. That spells Aaron! A good Christian name!

On the other side of the attic, there is a pile of chests and boxes that have very thick coats of dust and grime atop them. Another boy goes over to one of the dusty chests, and throws open its lid in a shower of filth. His mouth works silently in amazement at what he sees within. Another boy comes over to him, and his eyes also grow big as saucers. "Whoa! That's incredible!"

Hammy will probably return soon and demand that everyone help him search for the remaining hold-outs, but for now, you can choose what you would like to inspect more closely.

One thing.

Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Plato Play-Doh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2013, 08:04:29 am »

We should take the books when we go. Right now, go see what all the fuss is about with the chests.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2013, 08:27:28 am »

+1 to aobve

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2013, 09:20:33 am »

We should take the books when we go. Right now, go see what all the fuss is about with the chests.

Yus.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2013, 09:51:46 am »

I can +1 that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2013, 11:01:41 am »

Roleplay II -- Part 6
We should take the books when we go. Right now, go see what all the fuss is about with the chests

You feel slightly embarassed at your lack of letters and wish to take the old book for practice, but first the gasps of surprise draw you over to the opened chest. What you see inside is indeed quite extraordinary.

The contents are old clothes of very luxurious materials and an extravagant design that must have been the height of fashion thirty years ago. The style is probably no longer to the tastes of modern high society, yet it remains tasty enough to appeal to an enormous seething mass of modern moths, which take flight and fill the attic with fluttering insects.

"Eww." "Disgusting!" "Godamercy! I can't even see!"

"Haha! Look at this!" One of the larger boys, whom you recognise now as Cadmon Pike, a guardsman's son and known troublemaker, digs into the decaying clothes and pulls out a wriggling worm and throws it at another child. When that produces a shriek, he gets another worm and starts chasing the other children around the attic with it, making several of them cry in horror. Since you now have satisfied your curiosity about the chests, you could take this opportunity to grab the book.

Sorry about the delay. I have been preparing some drawings that might be needed.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 11:04:07 am by Gervassen »
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2013, 01:12:56 pm »

-- hurp --
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 10:19:21 pm by Gervassen »
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2013, 10:18:46 pm »

Shit. I am sorry, guys. I was a bit tired and emotional last night, as they say. I have deep doubts about this game's viability, mainly because of the awkward and slow turn structure that I imposed on it, but I suppose we ought to gamely try to reach Turn 2. (Lol!)

Anyway, suggest now for Part 6 and at the end of the roleplay... I'd like to have critiques of the structure and ways to improve this game's flow. Sorry, again.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2013, 10:24:17 pm »

Enjoying the structure and flow, also nick the book.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2013, 07:53:09 am »

I like the pace. It is a slow beginning to big things. I like it. Like in early lordship. Keep the book.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2013, 08:01:47 am »

Keep the book, and look for some other interesting things.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2013, 08:16:19 am »

I don't mind the pace, I love how it's written though! +1 to above.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30