Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30

Author Topic: Heirship: A Suggestion Game  (Read 29408 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Heirship: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2013, 08:29:03 pm »

No apologies. Our battle was just.
+1
Indeed - and we have gained some little form of renown from this action.
People will always take an indication towards the picture, to point to the whole of it. To put it simply, if we show some strength in the same areas as our father, people will be delighted to presume we will be quite like him in the whole area. As our father was not a bad sort, this will be in our favour.
+1
Sounds like a plan.
Isn't playing a 5-year-old fun?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2013, 08:52:28 pm »

I wanna hear daddys story before bedtime waaah! -Isaac

Also I was thinking if/when we go back to our starting location (falkirk was it?),
We should build a academy/public school named after dad and run by
Marna when we become Count/fully aged. That way she can settle Down and still be busy.

I thought she'd be the director managing teachers from a variety of feilds
I.E mannerism, culture, agriculture, history, and parochial education. I'd imagine
she would ask monks, convent sisters, and traveling scholars to be teachers. That
Way we can spread education and fame across the realm.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2013, 04:01:51 pm »

Roleplay I -- Coda
Else, procceed to take a slight and positive interest in your younger silbling.
"We are gonna be to him like what Ludda is to us. That will be great times."

Can you tell me dad's story again mommy?  *hugs mom*

You hug Mother, and you both gaze down at the fragile little life in her lap. Recent mention of you being your Father's son has prompted a deep ache to learn more of him. "Tell me more of Daddy's story, Mommy."

While she awaits the new basin and strokes the baby, Marna absently gives a short account of what Samuel Stone meant to her as a lord and husband, hardly satisfactory in point of rousing themes that could engage the interests of a young boy fresh from the training field, yet in its own way, weaving a good-natured picture of a brave and decisive man. She finishes, "Daddy's story is now sitting beside my bed, and being held in my arms. You must always protect your little brother, Isaac. He will not be strong like you."

You reach out to your brother, and his minute little hand grips your pinky finger. "We are gonna be to him like what Ludda is to us. That will be great times."

The basin of holy water arrives and the ceremony continues. "In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, I baptise thee, William Stone, son of Samuel Stone." Amid well-calculated levels of polite applause, the baptism finishes, and Marna hands your newborn brother off to a courtier, who after a bit of fogginess you recollect as the same one that grinned at you earlier and defused the rather embarrassing situation. "Lord Symeon, as godfather of baby William, would you do the honours of announcing him to the commons?"

"In this, as in all things, I am humbly your servant, Milady Marna." Symeon takes the now-swaddled bundle that is William, and steps with a dignified grace to the window. Servants throw open the shutters to the courtyard outside. Brilliant golden sunshine streams into the Lord's Bedchamber, and Symeon and William cut out a dark silhouette against the blinding influx. Amid full-throated whoops and huzzahs from the crowd below, Symeon proclaims, "Hear ye, my good folk! Let the joyous tidings go forth among all true men and women of Folesden, that the lady Countess, having been brought to child-bed last evening, is now delivered of a healthy baby boy, William christened, and a true son of our beloved Count Samuel Stone!"

Not a hard passage to write, actually, but Sunday was a day of distractions. I probably ought to have finished the roleplay and posted something else, too. Oh well. Unless there's a desire for a new direction, I'll being continuing with one or two more vignettes on training and playing with children,  and perhaps a roleplay on visiting father's grave. New turn thursdayish.
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2013, 04:35:27 pm »

{{So many idea's for what Isaac and William could be in the future}}

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2013, 05:24:37 pm »

I'm loving this so far. Wish I could have contributed of the original Lordship.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2013, 08:15:27 pm »

I imagine Isaac will be an involved, perhaps overly protective brother. It sounds like William is small at birth. While that does not necessarily mean he'll be tiny his whole life, it seems to be hinting that he'll be weaker than us. Isaac seems fiercely loyal to his family thus far. What do you all think?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2013, 08:56:36 pm »

I imagine Isaac will be an involved, perhaps overly protective brother. It sounds like William is small at birth. While that does not necessarily mean he'll be tiny his whole life, it seems to be hinting that he'll be weaker than us. Isaac seems fiercely loyal to his family thus far. What do you all think?

+1 but being smaller doesn't mean he can't make a good fighter and more importantly a good leader...napoleon has proved that to an extent.

He could be a great scholar, a buisness man, a conniving bastard, or even our most loyal adviser.

Also if we could influence them to be more like this it could be a great laugh for me =p: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_xWP64Nwsw

« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 09:18:03 pm by 3man75 »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2013, 09:16:50 am »

I feel that William "Bill" Stone's main job here is to grow up healthily. He might be interested in fighting but would probably found it too exhausting.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2013, 09:50:34 am »

I feel that William "Bill" Stone's main job here is to grow up healthily. He might be interested in fighting but would probably found it too exhausting.

While I agree with that "grow up healthy" notion, he can still become one of our most treasured assets. Provided he is fond of the - likely - attention that his brother will seem to give him. A skilled courtier can diffuse situations in our favour, gain priceless information... He could become our "Noble Rat". Or he just gains a bad start, and will be our second-in-command for real. Time will tell, but speculating sure is fun. :P

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2013, 09:51:14 am »

Or he could try and kill us to steal our position.

Plato Play-Doh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2013, 10:05:08 am »

Or he could try and kill us to steal our position.

Only time will tell. However, I don't think a five year old would suspect his little brother of such treachery, so we can hold off on that speculation until we're older.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2013, 11:06:23 am »

Especially since said little borther is a baby...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2013, 01:50:07 pm »

Surely the Duke (our grandfather) must be in attendance at such a momentous occasion. Brag to him of our most recent interest and hobby.

I would like to page or squire in a different part of his court by a knight of his choosing, if possible. Plus I liked our gramps, we should try to be close to him, as he probably doesn't have to far to go before he goes out a similar door as our father. Old age is a killer.

On a more broad scape however, I suppose we should begin study in writing, start em young, and also wander around the castle plenty, looking in every nook and cranny, getting lost, only to find your own way. How much trouble can we get into behind our own walls beyond infuriating Nanna or a couple scraped knees or elbows?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 05:26:03 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2013, 03:19:41 pm »

being smaller doesn't mean he can't make a good fighter and more importantly a good leader...napoleon has proved that to an extent.
Napoleon was actually 5' 7" (1.70 m), which was about average for a Frenchman of the time. The myth that he was quite short comes from the British newspapers failing to convert his height from French to English feet. Since this myth became a rather useful piece of propaganda about their enemy, nobody bothered to correct it, and it stuck.

And actually, in this time period, leaders were almost always expected to be great warriors. Maybe if he's very clever he can make up for it in other ways, but if he can't fight, it will be a constant problem for him.

However, with the right training, small men can still make decent enough fighters. He'll need to learn a different fighting form than what Luther probably teaches, though!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2013, 04:18:15 pm »

being smaller doesn't mean he can't make a good fighter and more importantly a good leader...napoleon has proved that to an extent.
Napoleon was actually 5' 7" (1.70 m), which was about average for a Frenchman of the time. The myth that he was quite short comes from the British newspapers failing to convert his height from French to English feet. Since this myth became a rather useful piece of propaganda about their enemy, nobody bothered to correct it, and it stuck.

And actually, in this time period, leaders were almost always expected to be great warriors. Maybe if he's very clever he can make up for it in other ways, but if he can't fight, it will be a constant problem for him.

However, with the right training, small men can still make decent enough fighters. He'll need to learn a different fighting form than what Luther probably teaches, though!

Ie. Rapier, or epee, or some form of archery. Or maybe a reputation that precedes him, like poisoning the water sources of his enemy... Not that we would ever entertain such dreck.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30