Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30

Author Topic: Heirship: A Suggestion Game  (Read 29386 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heirship: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #345 on: September 27, 2013, 10:02:24 am »

no

we are going to be sesquipedalian. it will be a thing.

you only have yourself to blame

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 27, 2013, 11:08:52 am »

"While he may not be a warrior, he will surely sing your praises, good Cadmon... Especially if you quit hogging the cider!"

Plato Play-Doh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 27, 2013, 01:10:21 pm »

I'd go with a combination of Gamerlord and Mal's.

"He's not a knight, my friend. Only squire. He's here to write about your brave deeds! Bards will sing of us, but first they'll have to hear of us. That's what Gervaise is for! Now give the boy some cider!"

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 27, 2013, 03:18:02 pm »

All's Fair -- Part IIIc

You try to reassure Cadmon of the bookworm's unimportant status. "He isn't a knight! He's here to write about your brave deeds! Bards will sing of us, but first they'll have to hear of us. That's what Gervaise is for! Now give the boy some cider!"

A burst of agreement ripples around the group, and Cadmon's friend Brond slaps his back, "Just a scribbler of our deeds, Cade!"

Cadmon looks as if the thought of Gervaise in the same loose confraternity as him is unacceptable on any level, and he's struggling to mount another solid objection; but the drink has gone to his head, and his brows knit together in frustration without result. His fists clench. Hammy shoots you a concerned glance, and you proceed gently with the big drunk lad. "While he may not be a warrior, he will surely sing your praises, good Cadmon... Especially if you quit hogging the cider!"

"Aye!" Hammy jumps up and swipes the leather skin from Cadmon, taking a long draw. "Cider-hogger! I'd rather find a worm in a book than at the bottom of a cider jug, Cade! But by the holy mass, you're right. We have standards here." He puts the skin under his arm. "No one enters this blessed order without a baptism. Hoy, Gervaise, here's a bath for 'ee!" He squeezes the skin and squirts cider in the boy's bewildered face. The others roar with mirth.

Even Cadmon forgets what he was about and collapses in tears and belly-laughter. Once there, Cadmon discovers other benefits of lying prone and is soon snoring. Still, as Hammy and Rick are milking amusement from the crowd by exhorting Gervaise to open his mouth for another shot, you have misgivings for the future of a group that contains both the bully and the pariah.

At length, Gervaise is cajoled into a few swigs and loosens up, joining the merriment with jokes a bit too pendantic and dry for the normal consumption of eight year-olds, but his amusingly high-pitched voice is alone enough to carry off a round of chuckles among a pack of drunk boys. "So the king asked Alcuin while they sat and drank together, for his majesty oft took delectation in philosophical discourse whiles in the bibulous state, 'What separates a fool from a wise man,' and the excellent monk looked down and replied, 'A table!' Oh, what a scintillating wit was that!"

Dusk is falling, and you consider whether there is anything else you wish to say or to do here, before walking with exaggerated sobriety back to the Keep for the evening.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 01:11:30 am by Gervassen »
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 27, 2013, 08:01:55 pm »

Go see what marna's doing hopefully no one else we know is hitting on our mom  ;)

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 28, 2013, 12:45:34 am »

All's Fair -- Part IIId

The autumn air begins to nip, and you take your leave of the remaining boys, who seem to still have good deal of wind in their sails. With great solemnity, you march back to the warmth of the keep, intent on seeking out your mother. Memories of that overheard conversation echo through your head. You may be little, but even a child knows that only daddies should visit mommies at that hour of the night! This will not do! You throw open the door to the Lord's Bedchamber with a loud clatter and swagger inside. In the dim candlelight of her room, you find Marna bundled under the covers on one side of her bed. The other side of the bed is also occupied by a large mound.

"Mother!" you roar in astonishment, after catching her in flagrante delicto with a huge pile of ledgers, communiques, duty rosters, and bills of lading for goods being sent to the Fair. Having interrupted her secret tryst with the paperwork of preparing to attend the Fair, you consider what to say next as she rubs her weary eyes and gives you her full attention. 

Spoiler: Scattered Comments (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 01:07:48 am by Gervassen »
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 28, 2013, 01:10:23 am »

So... Marna has a paperwork fetish? Weird.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 28, 2013, 01:22:44 am »

That's correct. When you're in charge of moving hundreds of personnel, you become one twisted puppy. It comes with the territory. On the eve of setting out, naturally she is holed up with last minute preparations and communications. Her precise state of arousal, however, is only to be guessed at.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 28, 2013, 07:41:11 am »

I'm so confused.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 28, 2013, 07:41:58 am »

You see, when a pile of paper and a mummy love each other very very much...

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 28, 2013, 07:48:29 am »

"Mother why do you have so much paperwork next to you? isn't that where daddy use to sleep?"

Children say the darnest things.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 28, 2013, 07:55:26 am »

Tongue-in-cheek jokes are not appreciated here, I can see. I'll eventually rewrite that section straight, which is "Marna is busy arranging plans to set out for the Fair with over a hundred attendants, an undetermined number of travel companions, and their attendants, gifts for people she expects to meet at the Fair, supplies for the journey, goods and wares that local merchants wish to send under the protection of such a large cortege, etc." Now the question is, why did people want to visit her?
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 28, 2013, 08:08:13 am »

Less the tongue-in-cheek, more we weren't sure if it was a joke.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 28, 2013, 08:26:39 am »

I assumed that Marna had been seduced by some eldritch being made of paper.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 28, 2013, 09:14:08 am »

how old is issac right now?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30