Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30

Author Topic: Heirship: A Suggestion Game  (Read 29434 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Heirship: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #225 on: August 23, 2013, 08:00:26 pm »

Okay so far face cladmon directly for makimg kids eat grass or take on quennies cronies for making that one kid cry...also mal guardsman isn't a royal position we can just fire him or send him somewhere else.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 23, 2013, 08:08:55 pm »

I say we just enlighten the bullies and thieves instead of antagonize them. They're all equally useful: Cadmon's group with their strength, Harry's with their ability to create entropy and chaos, and Queenie's socialite association.

Instead of changing HOW they act, I think we need to change WHY they act. Instead of bullying the weak, use their strength to protect them. Instead of creating havoc for no apparent reason, use it when needed, etc.

I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 23, 2013, 08:14:28 pm »

Okay so far face cladmon directly for makimg kids eat grass or take on quennies cronies for making that one kid cry...also mal guardsman isn't a royal position we can just fire him or send him somewhere else.
Confront Cladmon. Bigger offense, lesser provocation.

I say we just enlighten the bullies and thieves instead of antagonize them. They're all equally useful: Cadmon's group with their strength, Harry's with their ability to create entropy and chaos, and Queenie's socialite association.

Instead of changing HOW they act, I think we need to change WHY they act. Instead of bullying the weak, use their strength to protect them. Instead of creating havoc for no apparent reason, use it when needed, etc.
Agreed. Although if Clad continues his campaign of bullying, we may need to...take measures...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 23, 2013, 08:32:41 pm »

For some reason I think cal is going to tell us to bugger off and attempt to intimidate us...but okay let's use our limited persuasion to getem to protect those they've been bullying.

But I just feel it's not going to work period.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 23, 2013, 08:34:06 pm »

For some reason I think cal is going to tell us to bugger off and attempt to intimidate us...but okay let's use our limited persuasion to getem to protect those they've been bullying.

But I just feel it's not going to work period.

He can't stop us. We're the Count, we do what we want. That's the reason why we aren't bullied.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 23, 2013, 08:42:23 pm »

Also, about equipment, I'm sure the guards would give you training weapons, which are just simple staves since most guards are trained as halberbiers, but they'd be a bit adult-sized. Workable, and better than fists, but a bit unwieldy. One right now is serving as your child-sized lance, for example.

Since people have asked to improve Isaac's observational skills, we'll allow Isaac to have a flash of social insight and guess that Cadmon's main vested interest is in maintaining his leadership status in the eyes of his band of chums. He doesn't particularly want any enlightment past ensuring that his group looks up to him. How you sweeten the pot from here is upto you, although he probably would have been delighted by the legitimacy of having Hammy's role in your new militia.

Albeit Hammy is definitely superior in temperament and character. Cadmon won't accept that answer, though!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 08:55:23 pm by Gervassen »
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 23, 2013, 08:56:27 pm »

Wrong were a kid inside a noble day care therefore we dont have the same powers we would I we were grown up. Also screw his interest he lost his power by being a bully and terrorising the (playground? Back of a keep? Feild?).

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 23, 2013, 09:00:17 pm »

Also screw his interest he lost his power by being a bully and terrorising the (playground? Back of a keep? Feild?).
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 24, 2013, 06:10:28 am »

I'd imagine we could get one of the town's carpenters to cut the staves down to a more reasonable, childish size. A simple enough request. Or possibly our mountain of a friend, Ludda, could break them in twain if that is not an option.

Plato Play-Doh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 24, 2013, 08:24:25 am »

Staves could serve for now, but I still feel like we should get some more wooden swords for them to train with in the long run. That's what we should use, of course, though we could gallop up and lance Cadmon to start it all off. Any who surrender will be treated mercifully, and possibly accepted into the ranks of the valorous Knights of the Keep. Anyone else will receive quite a few bruises.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 24, 2013, 08:41:42 am »

Roleplay III -- Part 4

After discussing your intentions with Hammy, he agrees that many children have a rough deal in the current social milieu of the Keep. You swear a solemn pact to combat injustice together for the rest of your lives, wherever it may lie. Then the two of you sweep across the wide grassy courtyard toward the barracks, marshalling your forces as you go. Hammy knows the children much better than you and calls them out by name and circumstance. "Hoy! You there! Rick Scullion! Join us and never taste grass again! Hoy! Tom Bastard! Here's a group for you, if you don't mind knocking heads!"

You pass by Queenie's group and think of how the knights in the idylls would handle this situation. You give her a gallant bow and a few courtesies, after which she breaks down and asks to pet your pony, then airily voices her general state of displeasure at any boy who wouldn't be brave enough to join your noble order. Those boys within earshot all rise to the challenge that she has laid upon their bravery.

After extricating your steed from that scene, you continue toward the barracks with a round dozen of the local boys and explain to the guards that you are levying a militia of the local children to fight injustice. With indulgent chuckles they pass out training staves and advise you to be careful and to have fun. You take the staves to the nearby carpenters shed, and the jolly man quickly saws them in half to make serviceable weapons.

As you leave the carpenters shed, hoots of derision from above announce that Harry Noughting and his rabble have gotten wind of your initiative, which to them suspiciously resembles obedience to an authority. Harry calls down from the roof.  "Oi, look at the lordling and's little toy soldiers! I thought toy soldiers was made of wood, but then I suppose I can't see inside your skulls!" More screeches and hoots of amusement from his pack.

You set up a drilling line, and show everyone how to line up on Hammy, and begin going through basic formation concepts like dressing the formation so that everyone has room to swing his stick. Harry continues to hurl down volleys of scorn at the admittedly somewhat comical proceedings, although he does restrain one of his mates from hurling a wood shingle in escalation. Sensing a bit of restlessness and flagging morale under this abuse, you demonstrate a basic lunge and a basic parry, and you are about to pair your little soldiers against each other when Harry suddenly squawks out from his vantage point.

"They're all coming, let's get out of here!" And his pack climb from the carpenter's lean-to shed up onto the curtain wall and skitter away.

The arrival of a clearly unhappy Cadmon and his scowling gang are an unexpected surprise, to say the least, but the real shock is the adult guardsmen who accompany them with beaming smiles and herd them forward with hearty slaps on their backs and a gale of encouragements.

"You boys join the little lord and have fun together!" "Mind his Lordship now! Don't be recreants!" "Brond, get in there and hold the line just like tha father at Mumsford! Haha!" "Cadmon, tha'll not idle away while the little lord be drillin' his troops, lad."

The adults guardsmen march away, proud of their unexpected contributions to your levy. Meanwhile Cadmon grimaces and reluctantly declares, "Right. I'll take charge here, with his Lordship's permission."

You and Hammy exchange glances, unsure of how to proceed.

The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 24, 2013, 08:49:09 am »

He obviously is stronger than us, so he might be a good enforcer, but if he bullies anyone, punish him. In the meanwhile, have him teach basic wrestling and strength training to half our men, and we'll teach the other half with the staves. Teach Hammy how to ride the pony.
Dying of laughter?

Plato Play-Doh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 24, 2013, 09:17:33 am »

No, he won't be "taking charge." We have our sword with us, I assume? Might as well put it to good use. Put him in his place. Mount our steed, and ready our lance. "You're tyranny is at an end, brute!" Ride him down, strike him with our lance. Then, drop the lance, dismount, and draw our sword. Stand over the boy and place it to his throat. "You have much to learn. Join my knights, or leave us to our drills. Either way, place no more misery upon innocents. All of you will be given this one chance to surrender. You shall be treated with mercy. The rest, know that I will come for you." After that, pick up the lance, sheath the sword (or wedge it in our belt, as the case probably is), and mount the horse. Ride back to our ranks, and continue drilling.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 24, 2013, 11:00:31 am »

Well we don't need to bring him to the sword, he apparently has at least some sense of duty towards his lord, despite of his somewhat inflated sense of status.

Making him into a tyrant would actually inflate his status more. and is not what we should strive for... if we manage to absorb him and his gang into our group of noble levymen then that brings order and stability to the children of the keep. Its what our father would at least have attempted.

I can think of two things to do, We could fabricate a new position for Cadmun. something that would put him under Hammy but does recognise his... existing influence.
the other thing we can do is flatout not give him the permission he is 'asking' for. but make it clear that we have no doubt he'll prove himself soon enough to us.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 24, 2013, 11:05:09 am »

I think we could use a Sergeant, right? Below Hammy, but a position of note. Agreed that we shouldn't bash him with a sword or lance yet. We are six, after all. Let's try to play nice first.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30