Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 575643 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #4200 on: April 01, 2021, 07:40:29 am »

the way i see this, if the party can't fight serini, they're definitely not ready for xykon
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: April 12, 2021, 09:37:46 am »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: April 17, 2021, 09:48:46 pm »

Ah yes, that one time where they did a Lyrical Nanoha campaign.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: April 17, 2021, 10:25:09 pm »

I continue to respect Durkon here.  I like Thor-of-the-people and particularly cryptic-Odin, notes I'm not sure I fully noticed earlier. 

I continue to feel strongly for Redcloak.  Beyond the obvious reasons he has to distrust outsiders, he's basically correct.  *Maybe* the Dark One would agree to this cooperation, but the god-union is inherently disgusting.

I mean, just look at their sepulcher - A testament monument to their failures.
/Bungie reference.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: April 17, 2021, 10:47:27 pm »

His current route won't save the world; Durkon's plan would. But RC doesn't know that at the moment. What might really help would be him doing a Commune with TDO on the same level as Durkon's with Thor in the current strip, so that everyone can get things sorted out and verified.
But then, RC has never actually spoken to TDO, despite being high priest, maybe the most powerful cleric in the world, and the lynchpin of TDO's entire scheme. They really should work on their communication...

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: April 18, 2021, 04:50:49 pm »

Redcloak doesn't give a damn about saving the world. Having every soul on it eaten by the Snarl is something he considers a wholly acceptable end state if it leads to better conditions for goblins in the next world. The simple facts that there is no guarantee there will be any Goblins in future worlds is something he doesn't know, and the unlikelihood of TDO surviving to create it is something he refused to believe when told.

He's invested so much into the DO IT BY FORCE strategy that even considering negotiation is anathema to him.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4206 on: April 20, 2021, 04:22:01 am »

Warhammer diplomacy is DF approved. But so is unleashing the snarl

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #4207 on: April 22, 2021, 01:33:02 pm »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4208 on: April 23, 2021, 03:41:05 pm »

Poor Cleric doesn't like being part of the cosmic garden; I suppose it's not as fair as when a human makes a garden and all that dwells in it. The human knows they'll be part of the garden one day in a way Thor won't be

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: April 23, 2021, 05:06:54 pm »

Poor Cleric doesn't like being part of the cosmic garden; I suppose it's not as fair as when a human makes a garden and all that dwells in it. The human knows they'll be part of the garden one day in a way Thor won't be

Or will they?

A thought though:
Spoiler: this (click to show/hide)
can't really be true. Like, I don't mean in-story. I mean the reasoning. This is kinda the problem with the "oh no the evil races are just fodder for the heroes" plot point in general, because heroes don't usually go kill goblins for no reason... They do it because the goblins keep hassling their peoples. So if the gobbos really got xp or their hassling they'd be on a huge head start.

Spoiler: Because this (click to show/hide)
isn't true either -- monsters start out with a lot more than commoners get. Even common house cats are lethal to ordinary people. So the for the above to be true you'd end up with a nightmare world where the "civilized" races would be constantly on the brink of destruction because adventurers would be constantly struggling to keep up with the monsters and their levels.

Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: April 23, 2021, 05:16:10 pm »

The goblins start out in a position to be good raiders, and without their own resources raiding is inevitable. Good or evil, you can't just hold plenty over the head of a starving person and expect them not to grab it. That they were given a knife and you were not only exacerbates the inevitability of this. The gods are absolutely at great fault for establishing such a scenario.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: April 23, 2021, 06:09:50 pm »

. Even common house cats are lethal to ordinary people.
Wait what? What's your idea of "ordinary people"? I , as a reasonably able bodied adult male, feel reasonably confident that I'd be able to kick to death any animal significatively smaller than me. With a stick the range of things I could bludgeon to death increases significatively.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: April 23, 2021, 06:33:37 pm »

. Even common house cats are lethal to ordinary people.
Wait what? What's your idea of "ordinary people"? I , as a reasonably able bodied adult male, feel reasonably confident that I'd be able to kick to death any animal significatively smaller than me. With a stick the range of things I could bludgeon to death increases significatively.

He probably means Commoners, whose stats stipulate they have exactly 1d8 health, averaging 4 hp, and a housecat can do 1d1 damage in an attack. It only takes on average 4 cat scratches to kill a normal peasant, they're really just pathetically weak.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: April 23, 2021, 06:50:53 pm »

A stick is an improvised weapon Chairman, so that's a -4 to your ability to hit the cat, and the cat has one or two attacks with its natural weapons (automatic proficiency) while you only have 1d4 hit points. Remember, this id dnd rules world

edit: Yes what Joshua said - and a cat gets two attacks if they make a full attack.

The goblins start out in a position to be good raiders, and without their own resources raiding is inevitable. Good or evil, you can't just hold plenty over the head of a starving person and expect them not to grab it. That they were given a knife and you were not only exacerbates the inevitability of this. The gods are absolutely at great fault for establishing such a scenario.

I'm not sure you read what I wrote
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4214 on: April 23, 2021, 07:44:23 pm »

Powerful and wealthy raiders also tend to grab what they can reach for
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 313