Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 558714 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #3465 on: December 17, 2018, 08:18:30 pm »

She was pretty implicit about hunting him down to kill him earlier.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: December 17, 2018, 08:26:20 pm »

Which isn't really consistent with the idea that she's back in a family situation with hubby and the kid. She'd have much less incentive to go on this trek in that case, especially dragging the kid along, no matter who's it is.

Maybe you hit the nail on the head however, and she killed him in order to satisfy her mission, and now will raise him again to consider what he said.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 08:28:44 pm by Reelya »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: December 18, 2018, 12:17:38 am »

Och, too much yammerin' thar traps and not enough posting that tha next comic is up.

How did he get resurrected with clothes on while Roy came back completely naked? Not sure if it was the same spell, but still....

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: December 18, 2018, 01:56:33 am »

Roy's body was a pike of bones with no clothes. Durkon's body was still inside his clothes.

Or something. I'm not going back to check if he was turned into a pile if ash or cloud of gas or whatever upon dying.
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: December 18, 2018, 03:19:35 am »

You're just being lazy :P Checked and he poofed into a pile of ashes, the clothes poofed along with him. Maybe it's a 'belongings that poofed along with the body' sort of deal.

Also, anybody think that the flame strike (as powerful as it is) shouldn't have one shotted revived Durkon? I mean, she only managed to KO Roy with an empowered version of it. I know Roy is a tank and is built to take hits like that, but wouldn't Durkon and Helgya be the same level-ish?

(re-edited because I was going to make it into a new post, then a new post responding to that came up)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 03:34:02 am by smjjames »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: December 18, 2018, 03:20:18 am »

Maybe killing a vampire is highly exothermic?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: December 18, 2018, 03:29:31 am »

I think most resurrective magic leaves the lazarite with minimum or very low up.
Love, scriver~

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: December 18, 2018, 06:03:12 am »

I think most resurrective magic leaves the lazarite with minimum or very low up.

No, Resurrection gives them full hit points. Flame Strike does a maximum of 15d6, or a maximum of 90. A high roll can take down even a high-level character. And there's no way Durkon is going to make a Reflex save.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: December 31, 2018, 03:58:49 pm »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: December 31, 2018, 06:35:03 pm »

Wait, where/when did Durkon learn about the planet inside the rift? He might have glimpsed the ocean one, but AFAIK he wasn’t on panel to any discussions about the planet. It’s possible that Roy and everybody else had an off panel discussion about it.

The fact that the gods (Thor and Odin at least) don’t know about it is new and could be troubling. Especially since they spent, at minimum, an eon fighting the Snarl and never learned of it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 06:36:41 pm by smjjames »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: December 31, 2018, 08:07:35 pm »

Odin's representative said something about "worlds within worlds", so it's possible that he knows something in his more lucid moments, but can't remember it right now.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: December 31, 2018, 08:43:48 pm »

Roy probably briefed the team on it. Roy and and Vaarsuvius did have a mostly off-panel discussion(#944 and #955) after the fight with Tarkin, where V revealed that Blackwing saw the planet(Roy only saw the ocean from the desert rift), and Roy seems like the type to keep his team in the loop about that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: January 01, 2019, 08:06:40 am »

The fact that Durkon knows presumably means that Hel knows, too. Unless HPoH was too dumb to realize that it's important enough to inform his boss of.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: January 01, 2019, 12:12:06 pm »

So that theory went nowhere.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: January 01, 2019, 03:25:06 pm »

The gods not knowing what the deal with the Rift Planet is is... probbably not a good sign, since I guess it means either that the planet is a snarl-made fake (Indicating its smarter than we've been led to believe), or that the gods have missed some very important developments in the stop-the-godkilling-abomination-from-killing-everyone protocol
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 313