Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 561066 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #2415 on: September 18, 2017, 12:05:06 pm »

I can't remember the last time someone just handed me a huge pile of expensive potions before a big battle. They either make me pay for it or just give me the trash-tier crap they have in surplus. Then again, even if they did, I'd probably never use them. Even if it's the final battle.

While I'm certain there's a significant chance of Minrah getting killed there, the main thing is she'll die in battle, and thus go to Thor even if Hel does win.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: September 18, 2017, 12:06:24 pm »

She has a name, so that drastically increases her chance of survival.  Or at least going out with a big bang.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: September 19, 2017, 02:32:41 am »

She might turn into a Paladin during the battle, and be an Avatar of Thor on the mortal realm to fight this scourge. That would be cool. Then she would die.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: September 19, 2017, 03:23:50 am »

She has a name, so that drastically increases her chance of survival.  Or at least going out with a big bang.
Doesn't render her immune to being incapacitated or put on a bus, tho
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: September 19, 2017, 04:46:45 am »

She might turn into a Paladin during the battle, and be an Avatar of Thor on the mortal realm to fight this scourge. That would be cool. Then she would die.

Paladin's have some multiclass restrictions, not to mention conduct restrictions, and a multiclass 1st-level paladin/cleric/fighter probably isn't any more useful than just a multiclass cleric/fighter.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: September 22, 2017, 05:20:51 am »

I can't remember the last time someone just handed me a huge pile of expensive potions before a big battle. They either make me pay for it or just give me the trash-tier crap they have in surplus. Then again, even if they did, I'd probably never use them. Even if it's the final battle.

There's a good reason for that. Making you pay for the good stuff is a money-sink, reducing adventurers spare cash and maintaining the appeal of future lucre. Also, as you admit if they gave you the good potions, you'd just stockpile them leading to ever-increasing equipment lists of over-powered loot, causing the DM to have to ever-inflate the amount of magic gear held by enemies you're fighting to try and maintain combat difficulty and believability (why should only the PCs all have magic swords?). Too much magic loot causes exponential growth in the need for more loot. The DM is smart if they know that.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 05:26:12 am by Reelya »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: September 25, 2017, 03:43:53 pm »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: September 26, 2017, 01:23:29 am »

Is it smoky in that corridor or is it just getting darker away from the door?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: September 26, 2017, 01:50:12 am »

Good question, I wonder if it's one of the vampires in mist form?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: September 26, 2017, 03:46:27 am »

I would assume it's just a dark hallway.  With it being all underground and noone around to maintain whatever dwarven light source is used down there.

P.S. OOTS probably follows more sensible rules and a single lignite pebble probably won't stay lit for a year in their universe after all.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 03:48:50 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: September 26, 2017, 03:51:59 am »

Do dwarves not have darkvision?
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: September 26, 2017, 03:53:28 am »

They don't have see invisibility, though.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: September 26, 2017, 05:23:03 am »

He's questioning the existence of a dark hallway, not invisible vampires. It'd actually make sense for the most part for a dwarf-only hallway to not be lit if you have a racial ability to see in the dark. You'd save a lot in lighting costs. The temple is probably lit since worship of Thor isn't explicitly limited to dwarves, and there's the fact that darkvision doesn't allow one to see color. A nondescript hallway is fine, but a lavishly decorated temple would be a waste if you couldn't see the colors that went into it.

On the other hand, it wasn't so dark when the vampires came through(look back at #1087), so it's possible the vampires cast a Darkness spell to ambush the Order. Vampire!Durkon probably picked that trick up from Living!Durkon watching Roy and Haley ambush Tarkin with a smoke-stick arrow.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: September 26, 2017, 06:03:58 am »

He's questioning the existence of a dark hallway, not invisible vampires. It'd actually make sense for the most part for a dwarf-only hallway to not be lit if you have a racial ability to see in the dark. You'd save a lot in lighting costs. The temple is probably lit since worship of Thor isn't explicitly limited to dwarves, and there's the fact that darkvision doesn't allow one to see color. A nondescript hallway is fine, but a lavishly decorated temple would be a waste if you couldn't see the colors that went into it.

On the other hand, it wasn't so dark when the vampires came through(look back at #1087), so it's possible the vampires cast a Darkness spell to ambush the Order. Vampire!Durkon probably picked that trick up from Living!Durkon watching Roy and Haley ambush Tarkin with a smoke-stick arrow.
That or they just extinguished any torches.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: September 26, 2017, 06:05:50 am »

Also, there's the problem of oxygen if you're underground. Lit torches eat up oxygen, and if you're underground and you have darkvision, you shouldn't want to waste oxygen. And if you did have lighting for color reasons you'd want it to be very dim, definitely nothing like what humans would want.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 06:08:01 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 313